PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tebow working on zone-read plays in practice (EDIT: and "catching passes" too)

Tebow led a touchdown drive and had some nice runs! But it could have been better I guess. I'll give him C+ or B-

He was running the option offense last night which to me is even further proof that he is just camp arm and is just there to force additional game-planning by other teams. Our offense is complicated enough without trying to incorporate option offense into it, especially with the rookies we have.

I anticipate that he is a very last minute cut from the 53.. somewhere between the 75 and 53 cut.

He was running the option offense last night which to me is even further proof that he is just camp arm and is just there to force additional game-planning by other teams. Our offense is complicated enough without trying to incorporate option offense into it, especially with the rookies we have.

I anticipate that he is a very last minute cut from the 53.. somewhere between the 75 and 53 cut.

What teams are going to gameplan for an offense only he can run if we cut him?

I really, REALLY don't see Bill and Josh wasting time on offensive snaps for an offense they have no intention of using, even in preseason.

I love Tebow but there wasn't much to like about his game last night. A few close throws, a couple decent runs and a whole lot of awful. But if you don't take away that they have a plan for that guy the moment you see them with 4 guys lining up in the backfield I don't know what to tell you.

Belichick isn't one for wasting time. Tebow could very well get cut but it's clear that he isn't here just as fodder for the rest of the roster to practice against.

His game decision making and timing is way off... he looks and plays awkward.

This makes me think of the Patriots version of a mercy f..ck.

Have to agree. I just don't see us revamping the entire offense if he were ever needed, although we do have a plethora of RBs and TEs which would be needed.
Our offense is basically designed to spread the field, get receivers open and have a QB who:
1) Recognizes coverages
2) Moves quickly through reads
3) Makes quick and good decisions about what 'open' means
4) Delivers the ball quickly and accurately

Love Tebow or hate him, its pretty clear that he is below NFL QB caliber in all 4 of those areas, some by an awful lot.
Tebow has his strengths but they are not congruent with what our offense is designed to value.

Have to agree. I just don't see us revamping the entire offense if he were ever needed, although we do have a plethora of RBs and TEs which would be needed.
Our offense is basically designed to spread the field, get receivers open and have a QB who:
1) Recognizes coverages
2) Moves quickly through reads
3) Makes quick and good decisions about what 'open' means
4) Delivers the ball quickly and accurately

Love Tebow or hate him, its pretty clear that he is below NFL QB caliber in all 4 of those areas, some by an awful lot.
Tebow has his strengths but they are not congruent with what our offense is designed to value.

So why waste time and bring him in. Why devote camp time to someone who you are going to cut in a couple weeks. I really don't see it.

Tebow led a touchdown drive and had some nice runs! But it could have been better I guess. I'll give him C+ or B-

Wow, you are being very charitable. I would have given him a D-

A whole lot of awful! Bailed out by a good running game. 4-12 is as bad as it gets.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back