PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tebow A Pat (wild speculation) Mod edit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Devlin spent time on our roster last year.. Are you telling me Tebow can't provide more to a team than him?

Until andy answered that, I didn't realize he'd contributed much of anything. I think, if we use a fullback (and i don't see us doing it, really) we want a guy that can block and catch. Considering the lack of jobs at that position, I can't see it as a big entree, but if Tebow turns into Sam Gash?....

Brady isn't the only player that gets attention. We are a competitive team trying to win a Championship, and having a media throng asking about the last man on the bench just doesn't fit in to that.

Why not who cares that is so silly. You think BB can't manage his locker room? We've had Albert, Moss, Dillion but we can't handle Tebow? That's laughable

Yes, I am. Develin filled a role as a blocker and special teams player. Tebow cannot do that.
Develin made an NFL offseason roster as a college defensive end attempting to convert to fullback. Had he already proven an ability to block and play on special teams then?

Andy we don't know what he can do yet that's why he would compete in camp. I have never said to give him a guaranteed contract. I just have to think that if we can give Devlin, Kamar Akins and so many others opportunities to prove themselves why can we let this guy?

Because Develin is an NFL caliber FB. Aikens a borderline NFL caliber WR.
Tebow is a good college level spread option QB, who cannot throw well enough to play QB in the NFL.
He has shown zero abilitry to play any other position.
Why not bring me in and see what I can do?
We have 80 spots. Why would you waste one on a guy who can't contribute anything?
A limited NFL role player is better than a guy who was good in college, can't play in the NFL and doesn't have a position.

Develin made an NFL offseason roster as a college defensive end attempting to convert to fullback. Had he already proven an ability to block and play on special teams then?

Develin earned that roster spot on special teams.
You seem to now think that Tebow is as good as any good special teams player since at one point they hadn't played s/t either.
Maybe we should bring in Vernon Ghloston to replace Edelman since he has never played that role, and Edelman hadn't before he got here. Same argument you are making.
Tebow has not.
Are you seriously telling me that you think Tim Tebow is the best option we can find to be a blocking FB and special teams player?

Yes, I am. Develin filled a role as a blocker and special teams player. Tebow cannot do that.

SEASONTEAMGPPASSRUSHRECRETTD2PTPATFGPTS
NE
Career1000000000

Tebow can't do that?

You seem to now think that Tebow is as good as any good special teams player since at one point they hadn't played s/t either.
Maybe we should bring in Vernon Ghloston to replace Edelman since he has never played that role, and Edelman hadn't before he got here. Same argument you are making.
Tebow has not.
Are you seriously telling me that you think Tim Tebow is the best option we can find to be a blocking FB and special teams player?

NE
Career1000000000

Look at that proof.. Your out of your mind.. I'm literally laughing out loud at my iPad reading your posts.

Why not who cares that is so silly. You think BB can't manage his locker room? We've had Albert, Moss, Dillion but we can't handle Tebow? That's laughable

It worked so well in Denver and New York that they both no longer wanted him around.

Tebow has not.

Never said he was the best option I said if he wants to come in and compete for a job in camp I don't see the harm..

Do you need me to sound it out for you because I've written it 10 times? Maybe you should look into a reading and comprehension class.

NE
Career1000000000

Look at that proof.. Your out of your mind.. I'm literally laughing out loud at my iPad reading your posts.

That would simply confirm that I am correct. Thanks, when you agree with me I will worry.
I'll stick with facts, you can stick with Lets give Timmy a chance even though you can think of no good reason to.

That would simply confirm that I am correct. Thanks, when you agree with me I will worry.
I'll stick with facts, you can stick with Lets give Timmy a chance even though you can think of no good reason to.

Ok so yeah I'd strongly recommend the reading and comprehension class Andrew.

Never said he was the best option I said if he wants to come in and compete for a job in camp I don't see the harm..

Do you need me to sound it out for you because I've written it 10 times? Maybe you should look into a reading and comprehension class.

The Patriots aren't here to let anyone who wants to show up try to learn how to play a new position.
They need to get the best option. They do not meed a poor option taking up a roster space, reps, and development from a player who is better.
I know your lame attempts at insults are to cover your lack of argument, but if you had a reasonable point you wouldn't have to be an ashole.

Fact:
James Develin, who "earned that roster spot on special teams," played 12 ST snaps last season.
Tim Tebow played 59 ST snaps last season.

As a QB....

So why didn't those teams turn him into a blocking FB?
If he has all this talent, and he isn't a distraction why did they get rid of him?

So why didn't those teams turn him into a blocking FB?
Because a QB attempting to play FB is not worth the millions it would have cost to keep him an extra year. It would not cost millions for a team to try him as a FB this coming season.

Fact:
James Develin, who "earned that roster spot on special teams," played 12 ST snaps last season.
Tim Tebow played 59 ST snaps last season.

Develin played 1 game.
He earned that spot on special teams, he earned his spot in the NFL in 2011 on special teams.
Are you really telling me that if you needed a special teams player you would choose Tebow over Develin to fill that role? Please tell me that.:rolleyes:

I'll stick with giving any player who could potentially help our franchise a chance and you can stick with eliminating potential players based on your personal feelings about them.

The reason I would is because he is a good athlete, a hard worker, with a unique skill set who was the winningest player in NCAA history and 2 years ago took a NFL team to more playoff wins than Peyton Manning.

What's your reason for not giving him a chance other than I don't think he can do it Andrew?

Because a QB attempting to play FB is not worth the millions it would have cost to keep him an extra year. It would not cost millions for a team to try him as a FB this coming season.

Why wouldn't you get a FB to play FB instead of someone who has never thrown a block.
You cant really be serious here.
Out of all the FB candidates that you can bring into camp and give reps and try to get the best FB you can have, Tim Tebow is your choice?

I'll stick with giving any player who could potentially help our franchise a chance and you can stick with eliminating potential players based on your personal feelings about them.
Nothing I said is based at all on personal feelings. It is about Tebows lack of ability to help the team. You on the other hand are championing signing a guy to do something he has never done, simply because you like him.

The reason I would is because he is a good athlete, a hard worker, with a unique skill set who was the winningest player in NCAA history and 2 years ago took a NFL team to more playoff wins than Peyton Manning.
1) I have no issue with Tebows work ethic. I'm sue he is a quality person.
2) He is not an NFL caliber football player.
3) He isn't going to play QB so what does the game vs Pttisburgh, or Denvers game vs Baltimore this year have to do with anything?

What's your reason for not giving him a chance other than I don't think he can do it Andrew?

The same as why we don't bring in 1000s of other players. There are better options. There is nothing Tebow can do well enough to help this team.
Are you really saying not being able to help the team is a poor reason to not sign a player?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST