PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tebow A Pat (wild speculation) Mod edit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Tebow A Pat

There are college rugby and basketball players getting chances to play TE and college defensive linemen getting the chance to play fullback. I think Tebow deserves a chance to change positions, whether it's in NE or not.
You seem to be forgetting that Tebow doesn't want to change positions. He thinks he's a feasible and long term Quarterback. He's within his right to believe so (I don't happen to agree).

You seem to be forgetting that Tebow doesn't want to change positions. He thinks he's a feasible and long term Quarterback. He's within his right to believe so (I don't happen to agree).
And if he keeps thinking that, then he's probably never going to play in the NFL again, hence my assumption that he would be willing to change positions.

And if he keeps thinking that, then he's probably never going to play in the NFL again, hence my assumption that he would be willing to change positions.
I have to preface my position and admit negative bias toward Tim Tebow as I believe he's an attention seeker. If he's willing to change positions to remain in the NFL, then I shall reassess my position.

The Pats had the #1 offense in the league last year. Adding Tim would be a surefire way to tweak things and drop down a few notches.

The only thing that even remotely intrigues me would be......

watching Tebow score on the Jets in a blowout.:p

...by intercepting a Sanchez pass! (Hey, I can dream can't I?)

Good to great? Are you kididng me?

He can't play any of those positions mediocrely, much less good to great.

No BB loves good players who can contribute. Naming a whole bunch of positions that he has never played (including defense :rolleyes:) and pretneding he could play them doesn't make a guy who can play.

Why not? Because he isn't good enough to make our team?
Because his off the field agenda makes him a distraction taking away more from the team than he adds?

Why is Edelman on the team then? Very similar player. Sans Tebow's media.

Why is Edelman on the team then? Very similar player. Sans Tebow's media.

How is Edleman a similar player? Do you actually follow football?
Edelman is a punt returner, who plays on some other s/t units, is extremely quick, and can play WR.
Tebow is a failed QB who has no position in the NFL, and contributes nothing to special teams.
Edelman brings a role. Tebow bring subNFL caliber ability.

I don't know what you could even name as a similarity between Tebow and Edelman other than not good enough to be an NFL starter at any position.

You seem to think that Tebow can play all of these positions he has never played, I guess because you wish? Edelman being versatile and you wishing Tebow was versatile doesn't make them similar.

Edelman is a punt returner, who plays on some other s/t units, is extremely quick, and can play WR.
Tebow is a failed QB who has no position in the NFL, and contributes nothing to special teams.

I don't know what you could even name as a similarity between Tebow and Edelman other than not good enough to be an NFL starter at any position.

You seem to think that Tebow can play all of these positions he has never played, I guess because you wish? Edelman being versatile and you wishing Tebow was versatile doesn't make them similar.
Everything you just said about Tebow also applies to Edelman before the Patriots taught him how to do all of those things.

There are college rugby and basketball players getting chances to play TE and college defensive linemen getting the chance to play fullback. I think Tebow deserves a chance to change positions, whether it's in NE or not.

Let's wait until he says he want to. He's never said he wants to deviate from QB. Your avatar and sig tells me all I need I need to know about how you think about these conversion players.

PS. Have you kept any tabs on Hayden Smith?

Everything you just said about Tebow also applies to Edelman before the Patriots taught him how to do all of those things.

That is so wrong. The Patriots didn't teach Edelman his athletic skills.
Are you telling me Tebow can return punts and cover kicks? That is what gets Edleman his roster spot. Are you telling me Tebow could play WR?

By your argument anyone can be a Patriot because everyone is like Edelman, they are a zero and the Patriots can teach them how to be an NFL player.
Totally ridiculous.

The only thing Tebow can do is be a Fullback.

That is so wrong. The Patriots didn't teach Edelman his athletic skills.
Are you telling me Tebow can return punts and cover kicks? That is what gets Edleman his roster spot. Are you telling me Tebow could play WR?

By your argument anyone can be a Patriot because everyone is like Edelman, they are a zero and the Patriots can teach them how to be an NFL player.
Totally ridiculous.

Player1/Player2
10 yard: 1.65/1.55
20 yard: 2.71/2.66
40 yard: 4.64/4.71
Vertical: 33/38.5
Broad: 9'3"/9'7"
Shuttle: 4.18/4.17
3 Cone: 6.83/6.66

Player 1 is Aaron Hernandez. Player 2 is Tebow, albeit at 9 pounds lighter. Pretty big difference in the flying 20 (2.05 vs 1.93) and I suppose those 9 pounds could give Hernandez the advantage in the shuttle, but other than that Tebow is the more explosive athlete. Until the Jets told him to bulk up a lot, he was just fine athletically. He has a 5.0 career YPC despite being heavily schemed against. It's not like he's too slow to be useful with the ball in his hands. His power is also underrated, even from his lighter Bronco days.

Tebow isn't a guy you want covering kicks (along with punt gunner, the position where 40 best translates), but he has experience on the punting team (more ST experience than Edelman had when he was brought in), and has the athleticism and power to play on the kick return and punt return blocking teams. Sammy Morris

If he can't play tight end, then bulk him up and try him as a fullback. James Develin made it on the active roster for a reasonable amount of time and played in a game, and he's got nowhere near Tebow's athleticism. Heck, he was a defensive end in college. If he can't do that, then you get rid of him.

But whatever happens, the thing that gives Tebow a chance is his athleticism. I think it's ridiculous that that's what you think is holding him back.

Everything you just said about Tebow also applies to Edelman before the Patriots worked extensively with him on how to do all of those things.

To be fair, he and his coach Doug Martin knew that QB wasn't in the cards for him in the NFL, so he started doing ST stuff his senior year, and between the end of the season and the draft worked on becoming a WR.

Then again, supposedly, when they drafted him, they didn't know where they were going to use him. They just knew that Edelman "can play football."

Let's wait until he says he want to. He's never said he wants to deviate from QB. Your avatar and sig tells me all I need I need to know about how you think about these conversion players.

PS. Have you kept any tabs on Hayden Smith?
Yeah, I think they deserve a chance. This offseason, close to 3,000 players will be on NFL rosters at some point. At some point, you run out of players that have any chance of ever playing in the NFL. Why not bring in five super athletic (for their position) players that have little to no football background or are drastic position switches and see if they can learn enough to put that athleticism to good work? If you can tell on the first day of camp that it's not going to work, then let them go. No loss. If they do enough to make the roster, then your team got better by giving them a chance. Best case scenario, you get a Steve Neal or Antonio Gates. If that doesn't work, you can still get a JR Sweezy, Bruce Miller, or Julian Edelman.

I know the guy has a bad reputation, but I don't see why so many people are so ready to give up on a no-risk option to improve the team.

As for Hayden Smith, Tannenbaum's direct quote from yesterday was "We could not cover this guy in practice." Sounds like they might have a player if he can refine his game. I still think the Pats' rugby guy will be better, though.

ill accept and side with BB's wisdom, i do believe if we want him, he would easily be available

i can see it happening, though mostly i dont see it

Tebow is very similar to Edelman. Now you can eat your bag of dix.

Tebow is very similar to Edelman. Now you can eat your bag of dix.
There may have been similarities around the time of drafting. There's slim to no similarity now.

Yeah, I think they deserve a chance. This offseason, close to 3,000 players will be on NFL rosters at some point. At some point, you run out of players that have any chance of ever playing in the NFL. Why not bring in five super athletic (for their position) players that have little to no football background or are drastic position switches and see if they can learn enough to put that athleticism to good work? If you can tell on the first day of camp that it's not going to work, then let them go. No loss. If they do enough to make the roster, then your team got better by giving them a chance. Best case scenario, you get a Steve Neal or Antonio Gates. If that doesn't work, you can still get a JR Sweezy, Bruce Miller, or Julian Edelman.

I know the guy has a bad reputation, but I don't see why so many people are so ready to give up on a no-risk option to improve the team.

As for Hayden Smith, Tannenbaum's direct quote from yesterday was "We could not cover this guy in practice." Sounds like they might have a player if he can refine his game. I still think the Pats' rugby guy will be better, though.

It's not that I think Tebow is worthless, it's simply that I don't see what he brings to the active 46 man roster that merits having someone inactive.

We'll have 2 QBs. He shouldn't be the backup. He can't run this offense, and a backup shouldn't have a whole different system.

At RB, assuming we re-sign Woodhead, we'll have Ridley, Vereen, Woodhead and Demps. I want Demps much more than Tebow.

At TE, we'll have Gronk, Hernandez and Ballard and possibly a 4th TE.

At WR, we'll have Welker, Lloyd, (or a veteran) Edelman (probably), Slater and hopefully a rookie WR.

If we happen to carry a FB, it means we want a blocking FB. I know we can find someone better than Tebow.

Again, it's not that Tebow is a worthless football player. He's not. But we're not a team totally lacking of talent. I don't know who he replaces on the active roster and merits that replacement.

He would fit a number of positions actually.

Not that ive seen.

He cant throw

Hes not a better runner then any of our current backs

Hes a horrible receiver: Mark Sanchez Hits Tim Tebow in the Head With Pass - YouTube

He played some personal protector on special teams, but really he makes too much money for that role.

We are full up on tight ends at the moment.

So unless you see him playing defense, or replacing ghost as the place kicker im interested to see where you think he fits our team.

He would be good to great in a few areas...fullback, wildcat qb, 3rd down runningback, sub linebacker, sub safety, blocking tight end, possibly a backup wide out, etc.

BB loves the player that can do more things than one. BB loves Tebow.

Why not? He won't be taking Brady's sopt, that would be obvious.

You have no evidence that BB loves Tebow.

This is like the "draft Tebow, have him hold a clipboard for a few years and presto! Instand pro bowl quarterback!:rocker:" Cause like, his attitude, and "intangibles" are so good!! How'd that work out?

He's terrible. Yeah, have him "split out wide", cause he's a great WR, much better than guys who have played the position for years.

He's a great RB. Actually he's not.

You have no evidence that BB loves Tebow.

This is like the "draft Tebow, have him hold a clipboard for a few years and presto! Instand pro bowl quarterback!:rocker:" Cause like, his attitude, and "intangibles" are so good!! How'd that work out?

He's terrible. Yeah, have him "split out wide", cause he's a great WR, much better than guys who have played the position for years.

He's a great RB. Actually he's not.

So, if BB signs him, what will you do then? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick