PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tebow A Pat (wild speculation) Mod edit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to great? Are you kididng me?

He can't play any of those positions mediocrely, much less good to great.

No BB loves good players who can contribute. Naming a whole bunch of positions that he has never played (including defense :rolleyes:) and pretneding he could play them doesn't make a guy who can play.

Why not? Because he isn't good enough to make our team?
Because his off the field agenda makes him a distraction taking away more from the team than he adds?

How do you know what he can and can't do?

Going to church and praying is a distraction?

BB tells you what he loves?

You know who is on the 53 man roster already?

Wow your more godly than Tebow

People keep wanting to compare Tebow to Edelman, how we saw him as a football player and found ways to use him.

Here's the key thing people are missing: Edelman happened to be drafted at the right time. If he was a 7th round pick in the 2007 draft, I don't think there's any chance he would have made the team, and absolutely wouldn't have cracked the active roster.

Fast forward to now. I don't see a spot on this offense RIGHT NOW for Tebow. If we re-sign Edelman, Edelman is a better choice for the Edelman role. We're deep at RB and TE. Any extra roster spots at WR need to be used to develop young replacements for our aging WR unit, not for Tebow.

If it was 2009, yeah, I can justify a roster spot for him. I can't now. It's not an insult to him as a player, it's simply that we don't have the space to sacrifice for what he would bring to the team.

This is why we need more the 10 character limit in this forum we should have a pointless post limit too.

How many characters do you need to say "player who doesn't have an NFL position?"

The same logic could apply to Christopher Mintz-Plasse and i don't want to take time to find him a position either.

Its not that difficult to assess the skillset, experience and abilities of a player

Going to church and praying is a distraction?
Of course not. Getting more attention as the last man on the bench than the best players on the team does though.

BB tells you what he loves?
I was responding to the "BB loves" comment, not creating it.

You know who is on the 53 man roster already?
That is an ignorant statement. By that yardstick we cannot discuss any players until we know the 53 man roster.

Wow your more godly than Tebow
No cliue what that is supposed to mean. I was discussing football.

Tebow is very similar to Edelman. Now you can eat your bag of dix.

So your argument is it is because you say it is with no evidence, and anyone who inserts facts into the argument gets shouted down with insults?
Surely you know that is the response of a loser, right?

How many characters do you need to say "player who doesn't have an NFL position?"

The same logic could apply to Christopher Mintz-Plasse and i don't want to take time to find him a position either.

If Tebow wants to come in on minimum deal and compete in camp I do not see why it would be a negative?

It's not your time so don't worry about it.

Its not that difficult to assess the skillset, experience and abilities of a player

Of course not. Getting more attention as the last man on the bench than the best players on the team does though.

That is an ignorant statement. By that yardstick we cannot discuss any players until we know the 53 man roster.

My point is you make speculative statements of what can and can't be done and who can and can't make a team.. So to attack someone else for doing the same thing with different opinions is hypercritical.

Also assessing a players skill set is difficult look at the amount of players who fail after being taken in the draft. If scouts, coaches, etc have difficulty I don't think Andy from the patsfans forum can do it through the limited games he has seen Tebow play on national TV.

Also I don't think Tebow would get a ton of attention here. This is Brady's team without question and even god would accept that.

If Tebow wants to come in on minimum deal and compete in camp I do not see why it would be a negative?

It's not your time so don't worry about it.

Compete for what position?

ST, H-Back and 4th TE. If he can't make the team he can't make the team but if he wants to try then what the issue?

ST, H-Back and 4th TE. If he can't make the team he can't make the team but if he wants to try then what the issue?

Why wouldn't we use the roster spot for a guy who actually plays Hback and TE? You seem to think we owe something to Tebow. Why wouldn't we spend our time and money on guys who are good at the position?

Devlin spent time on our roster last year.. Are you telling me Tebow can't provide more to a team than him?

Also I don't think Tebow would get a ton of attention here. This is Brady's team without question and even god would accept that.

Brady isn't the only player that gets attention. We are a competitive team trying to win a Championship, and having a media throng asking about the last man on the bench just doesn't fit in to that.

Devlin spent time on our roster last year.. Are you telling me Tebow can't provide more to a team than him?

Yes, I am. Develin filled a role as a blocker and special teams player. Tebow cannot do that.

Which one? Edelman is one of the best punt returners in the game and subbed for Welker early because of injury.

Slater had experience at safety and WR, but definitely made the team on special teams.

Is he resigned to being a special teamer? Is there a lack of experienced tight ends, if that's how he's making the team? He's a good enough receiver to play tight end at 236 pounds? How much coaching time would it take to teach him a position?

Maybe if he works with a position coach (on his own) all off season somehow.

Why wouldn't we use the roster spot for a guy who actually plays Hback and TE? You seem to think we owe something to Tebow. Why wouldn't we spend our time and money on guys who are good at the position?

Andy we don't know what he can do yet that's why he would compete in camp. I have never said to give him a guaranteed contract. I just have to think that if we can give Devlin, Kamar Akins and so many others opportunities to prove themselves why can we let this guy?

My point is you make speculative statements of what can and can't be done and who can and can't make a team.. So to attack someone else for doing the same thing with different opinions is hypercritical.
Who did I attack?
I gave my opinion, just like everyone in the thread did, except you who chose the wiseguy route.

Also assessing a players skill set is difficult look at the amount of players who fail after being taken in the draft. If scouts, coaches, etc have difficulty I don't think Andy from the patsfans forum can do it through the limited games he has seen Tebow play on national TV.

But you can? You are saying he can play positions he has never attempted to.
And teams assess players all of the time. Many they assess correctly, and others they do not. Is your argument that no one can have an opinion on a player? I'lll let Ian know we should shut down the forum because no one is qualified to discuss football.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back