PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

T. Brown: "BJGE a future star in the NFL"

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is BJGE now, #2 right? He is the speller to Taylor while Morris is now our FB. (What appeared against the Bengals).

I see BJGE as our change of pace back for 2010 and 2011. Troy calling him a future star is pretty dumb though.

Like another poster said, I think it's Troy seeing himself in BJGE. A rb who started at #6 when he came in and worked his way up and just beat out the guy who was #1 when he joined in 2008.

Anyone that can stay out of harm's way better than Maroney will be an improvement to me. If BJGE can remain uninjured for a season, he'll be a supah-stah compared to what we've had in the past.

Comcast Sportstonight: Troy Brown when asked why Maroney was traded answered that:

"Maroney has done absolutely nothing for the football team over the last two seasons. Now you have depth, but Fred Taylor and Sammy Morris are well over 30 years old. What you have is Ben Jarvis Green Ellis has I think been playing well, look at the game the other day where he spelled Fred Taylor a few times. It was time to make this move to be fair to Laurence, because he wouldn't be active this weekend, and obviously wasn't going to get a lot of playing time this year."

"Ben Jarvis Green Ellis has looked better than Laurence Maroney the last two years, he didn't play a lot last year because of the running back situation, but overall he has looked better than Laurence the last couple years, and thats why the job is his, he ran well during the preseason, he ran well Sunday against Cinncinnati, and he continues to get better."

"I have listened to Fred Taylor talk about him, and I think he is a future star in the NFL. He is a good running back, he gets in between the tackles and he gets the 4 or 5 tough yards that Laurence hasn't been doing the past couple years".

Tanguay respoded that "Ben Jarvis Green Ellis simply beat out Maroney, simple as that".

And there you have it. Maroney just got beat for the job. Nice article. Faulk telling it to us straight up.

And there you have it. Maroney just got beat for the job. Nice article. Faulk telling it to us straight up.

It was media MoRon Tanguay who said that.
Faulk telling what???

Coherent thought is appreciated.

Last edited:
What is BJGE now, #2 right? He is the speller to Taylor while Morris is now our FB. (What appeared against the Bengals).

I see BJGE as our change of pace back for 2010 and 2011. Troy calling him a future star is pretty dumb though.

Like another poster said, I think it's Troy seeing himself in BJGE. A rb who started at #6 when he came in and worked his way up and just beat out the guy who was #1 when he joined in 2008.

He could simply be saying that to give the guy a confidence boost, no need to read too deeply into it.

I think another element was that BB could get some trade value out of this (see Seymour trade from last year) and figured the 4 backs + 1 on the PS would suffice to get the team through the season.

While it'd be great to have a Dillon style back, we're a pass oriented team and have enough running to keep opposing teams honest (and this year they seem like they will be committed to the run a bit more).

But BJGE a "future star"? The running back position doesn't work that way. Of all of the positions on the field, it's the one with the quickest learning curve -- the one where rookies can step on the field and make an immediate impact...

He's just a hard-working, versatile role player. Useful to have, but next year's new RBs will leap ahead of him on the depth chart.

I echo these thoughts, while also considering the fact that we're a gameplan oriented team that plays situational football. The RBBC approach serves this philosophy well with the current RB corps complementing the primary method of moving the chains -- via the air. IMO, the RB position will be an area of focus for next season.

Troy Brown is a legend but he really needs to shut up now. I always loved the guy but he is really bad at his new job.

Should have left it at Troy Brown is a legend man.....u may not agree with everything he says but he has a great football mind and great analysis....I have been saying the same thing about BJGE overall...and I agree with him here...incidentally...don't always agree with tedy or Rodney....but tremendous football minds..

I think what some fans are missing is that BJGE is a between the tackles runner ... as in gains yardage and chews up the clock. maroney was not effective between the tackles and is not a move the chains clock chewer.

BJGE does not have to gain more yardage than Maroney to be more effective for this current team. All he has to do is be himself ... run between the tackles ... move the chains and chew up the clock. i don't think we even need compare them ... this is a choice of what the team needed more of.

Last edited:
I think what some fans are missing is that BJGE is a between the tackles runner ... as in gains yardage and chews up the clock. maroney was not effective between the tackles and is not a move the chains clock chewer.

BJGE does not have to gain more yardage than Maroney to be more effective for this current team. All he has to do is be himself ... run between the tackles ... move the chains and chew up the clock. i don't think we even need compare them ... this is a choice of what the team needed more of.

But you have to admit,maroney would kick BJGEs ass on the dance floor,that guy has all the moves,unfortunately they are east to west and then boom down he goes to perform the worm!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back