PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Steve McNair shot and killed in Nashville

Status
Not open for further replies.
terrible...

r.i.p. Steve Mc Nair

The guy was found dead in an apartment with a girl.
Steve McNair had a wife and 4 kids.
Is he a hero or a cheating husband?

Last edited by a moderator:
The guy was found dead in an apartment with a girl.
Steve McNair had a wife and 4 kids.
Is he a hero or a cheating husband?

Imagine the liberal media if it was Curt Schilling instead of McNair.

Can we please leave the politics out of the death thread of a football player?

Can we please leave the politics out of the death thread of a football player?

I doubt that will be possible given the updates that are leaking out, here in Nashville. The skeletons are coming out of the closet.

RIP Steve. :(

Re: OT: Steve McNair found dead

By contrast, ESPN shifted a live sporting event (US vs. Canada RWCQ match) over to ESPN2 so they could devote the main channel to McNair coverage.

Here's why this ground my gears - last year I set my DVD recorder to record an "NFL Replay" of a Pats game (can't remember which one.) What I got was 20 minutes of the game and the rest of it was live coverage of the press conference where Tony Soprano or whatever his name is was introduced as the Dolphins' new head coach. So they can interrupt their programming for that, but not for when a man dies?

Granted, maybe they didn't have anyone to report on it like BSPN would. But you'd think they'd have a plan for that since they wouldn't want to be upstaged by a competitor.

I doubt that will be possible given the updates that are leaking out, here in Nashville. The skeletons are coming out of the closet.

RIP Steve. :(

What's the vibe like down there about this?

What's the vibe like down there about this?

Pretty much what you'd expect. The guy was well respected in the community for what he accomplished on the field as well as off the field. The community is just in shock. To make things worse, no one was really aware that his perfect marriage was over, and that he had a 'ladyfriend'.

Its a small city, so for all these secrets to come out on the day he was killed is just hard to take. Naturally, there are those who are bad mouthing him, but all the facts arent out yet. Its just really shocking. He was known as a great guy, father, husband.....so this is just all unexpected

I should add, im a little annoyed that the police let him go friday night. Maybe it had something to with this, or not. I dont know, i got nothing

Last edited:
Its a small city, so for all these secrets to come out on the day he was killed is just hard to take. Naturally, there are those who are bad mouthing him, but all the facts arent out yet. Its just really shocking. He was known as a great guy, father, husband.....so this is just all unexpected

There might not have been outward signs or things that people picked up like abuse or tension...How he or they acted behind closed doors may have been different than how they acted in public leading to that shock and awe.

There might not have been outward signs or things that people picked up like abuse or tension...How he or they acted behind closed doors may have been different than how they acted in public leading to that shock and awe.

Im seeing more, and more comments from his friends in the local news forums, and they're saying the marriage was done, and they were finalizing their divorce. No details, just that they were done. Yet, the average person never heard about any of this. Its a little hard to believe that they kept that so quiet. Something like that would normally be plastered all over the local news. Its weird. Not to mention, no one knew about fridays police issue. The news people mustve been slacking.

Im seeing more, and more comments from his friends in the local news forums, and they're saying the marriage was done, and they were finalizing their divorce. No details, just that they were done. Yet, the average person never heard about any of this. Its a little hard to believe that they kept that so quiet. Something like that would normally be plastered all over the local news. Its weird. Not to mention, no one knew about fridays police issue. The news people mustve been slacking.

If he wasn't on the police blotter they wouldn't have known.

It's definitely surprising that the media didn't pick up on that stuff, especially considering that that's the sort of 'news' that it usually feasts on. Man, the more that comes out, the more senseless it all seems. At this point, I don't even really care about the why of it; there's no reason that's going to make it make sense and be anything other than what it is.

If he wasn't on the police blotter they wouldn't have known.

since when do the reporters not find out about things from "sources" aka, cops? Thats what i find weird. Maybe it wouldve come out in a few days, if he wasnt killed.

since when do the reporters not find out about things from "sources" aka, cops? Thats what i find weird. Maybe it wouldve come out in a few days, if he wasnt killed.

I read the affidavit of her arrest (and I have a source with metro checking) that it may have been the same officer who popped him for his DUI years ago. As much heat as he took for blowing that case. I don't think he'd be willing to risk another blunder in his career.

I read the affidavit of her arrest (and I have a source with metro checking) that it may have been the same officer who popped him for his DUI years ago. As much heat as he took for blowing that case. I don't think he'd be willing to risk another blunder in his career.

They already reported that he was the same policeman. I think it was on the tennesseans website. I agree though, he might not have wanted to go down that road a second time.

They already reported that he was the same policeman. I think it was on the tennesseans website. I agree though, he might not have wanted to go down that road a second time.

Gotcha, haven't been able to read everything yet. I asked the guy I knew late last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft