PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Steve McNair shot and killed in Nashville

Status
Not open for further replies.
McNair was a tremendous athlete and football player. Maybe not quite HoF worthy, but extremely close. He had a great arm as well as very good speed and was as competitive as anybody you could think of; he seemed to always go for one more move, one more yard rather than run out of bounds to avoid a hit.

When I think of McNair it's him tucking the ball and running because none of his mediocre receivers could get open. After that he not only ran ten yards for a first down, but rather than going in to a slide he would then cut back and go for another ten or fifteen yards, juking a linebacker and then lowering his shoulder and making a safety hurt more than he did on the tackle.

RIP

it is certainly is starting to sound like a murder-suicide. Really unfortunate. If you are going to take your life, why take another with you. Very sad. RIP Steve

it is certainly is starting to sound like a murder-suicide. Really unfortunate. If you are going to take your life, why take another with you. Very sad. RIP Steve

Wow ... she capped him then did herself in ... way messed up.
Could have been the boyfriend ... I mean McNair was shot multiple times ... still suspicious.

Last edited:
Re: OT: Steve McNair found dead

Just posted on this in the NFL Forum, didn't realize there was one in the main forum. WTF?! Terrible news. There's a rumor of a murder-suicide but nothing's official right now.

To my surprise NFL Network isn't interrupting their "America's Game" marathon for this.

BSPN News just had a statement from Floyd Reese about it.

By contrast, ESPN shifted a live sporting event (US vs. Canada RWCQ match) over to ESPN2 so they could devote the main channel to McNair coverage.

Based on what we know now, this is just a senseless waste of 2 lives. May they both rest in peace.

Here's more information if those of you haven't already read it. I don't know what to think, this is so random. I feel as if either McNair killed them both (angry she might leave him to get back with ex-boyfriend), the ex-boyfriend of Kazemi did it, it was a "hit," or other circumstances. The part that disturbs me is that they both were shot in the head. Evidently, the perpetrator didn't mean for them to live as in this could've been a professional job. That is to say, might there have been involvement from either the Mafia or the Yakuza. I don't know if crime organizations such as these exist in Tennessee. But you never know... I'm just not buying the possible murder-suicide angle. Drugs, owed money... Was McNair depressed? Something else is going on here, there's more to this story. Because if it were a robbery, the robber(s) thinks to aim for both of their heads in cold blood? With McNair being a larger man, it took more shots... Okay, this is becoming a made-for-TV movie in my head. So I'll leave it alone.

UPDATED 10 p.m.: Steve McNair and Sahel Kazemi killed | tennessean.com | The Tennessean

He was shot multiple times and she was only shot once. If it was murder/suicide, you can pretty much count on her being the shooter.

I was just going to edit my post when I'd thought about it: How could he shoot himself multiple times. My bad.

He was shot multiple times and she was only shot once. If it was murder/suicide, you can pretty much count on her being the shooter.

jeezus...you know, that's the first thing I thought.I'm the son of a state cop and was brought up to think that very thing...it's usually the most obvious scenario...married, lover, he decides to end it, she freaks...almost 99%(OK, maybe slight exaggeration) this is how it plays out...but then there's the location...could be a robbery motive...scumbag knows NFL star location...robbery gone wrong...blah blah blah...what bothers me is that a genuinely all around good guy and proven warrior that always exuded class will now come under the scrutiny of this dyam sensation driven media we have in this country. One thing I've learned as I've gotten older is that even though I've always been 100% true in any realtionship I've had, I still do not really know what I would do if I had the money and the position that stardom puts people in. It's easy to judge and say "what was he doing with that woman?" and cast aspersions but the truth is TWO people are dead for reasons that will probably never really explained. Perhaps it is enough for us to know that fame and fortune is no defense against the unforeseen events in life. I hope Steve McNair is remembered for the life he led in the harsh glare of stardom in this country and the positve contributions he made as a revered athlete and human being.

News to make you shake your head.

RIP Steve McNair.

Very sad for Steve's family.

What was a MARRIED 36 yr old doing with a 20 year old?

He had a bachelor pad with his buddy up in Nashville away from his family-this may naturally be a home away from home-his wife couldn't be pleased about that.

She probably wasn't pleased to find out HER HUSBAND and this 20 year old chick were recently busted for DUI. The vehicle was registered in BOTH names.

I understand he was a generous guy but you surround yourself with loose-nuts and monkeys and these accidents happen to EVERYONE.

Its better to stay at home with your family.

Usually this revolves around money. Maybe not directly-but it usually does...

M&P

To add.....

look at the incident this off season with Richard Seymour's wife confronting a female who was at a party earlier w/ Richard.

The heat of passion and jealousy/ possessiveness (OJ) can easily lead some people to irrational moves-incl murder.

I'm not saying it was McNairs wife-but the above quote could pertain to any of the parties.

I hate to dig stuff up, but for those who are interested.....
I learned some shocking new stuff about OJ's SON's (that many of us didn't know)possible involvement- I have no opinion-I just like the facts....
"The murderer was Jason Simpson, born April 21, 1970, to Margaret Simpson. Jason himself was still young when his dad began to date Nicole brown. Nicole brown would become pregnant with Jasons brother Aaron Simpson, who died in 1979 this had a huge affect on Jason and he needed psychological counciling to get over this stressful situation."

OJ Simpson: The Case Reviewed, page 1

Look...you take normal born and raised Americans, train them in the highest know martial arts on the planet and make them celebrities and expect them to do what? Charlton Heston?Clint Eastwood? No, you get Brittany Spears, you get any number of Holly wood "stars" who have withered under the unbelivable expectations of the media collossus.PRESSURE on a scale that rivals military special ops.Remeber Steve McNair for his grace, courage and professionalism. Understand there's been far worse falls from grace by people with far less to lose.

Every four years I vote for president. I'm 58. I used to vote for Pat Paulsen. Now I vote for Rodney. Better to have a comedian running this circus than ANY option we've had since WW II.

McNair answered the bell every single time he was asked to, through bitter defeats and career threatening injuries. He was a truly good and humble man. This event SHOULD be more or less a private tragedy to be dealt with by a devastated family. Unfortunately it will become ANOTHER damn circus. The moral is, love your kids ,do your best and thank whatever powers that be that you'll live your life far away from this incredible maelstrom where money meets media.

Last edited:
"Live by the sword;Die by the sword"

end of story.

To add.....

look at the incident this off season with Richard Seymour's wife confronting a female who was at a party earlier w/ Richard.

The heat of passion and jealousy/ possessiveness (OJ) can easily lead some people to irrational moves-incl murder.

I'm not saying it was McNairs wife-but the above quote could pertain to any of the parties.

I hate to dig stuff up, but for those who are interested.....
I learned some shocking new stuff about OJ's SON's (that many of us didn't know)possible involvement- I have no opinion-I just like the facts....
"The murderer was Jason Simpson, born April 21, 1970, to Margaret Simpson. Jason himself was still young when his dad began to date Nicole brown. Nicole brown would become pregnant with Jasons brother Aaron Simpson, who died in 1979 this had a huge affect on Jason and he needed psychological counciling to get over this stressful situation."

OJ Simpson: The Case Reviewed, page 1

I hate these RIP threads for just this reason. If you hate to dig stuff up, why do it. And FYI while the jury did aquit, we all know they simply had a disconnect that Johnny Cochran was able to exploit.

As for Steve, we don't really know him any more than we know any of these guys. So mourn his death as a sensless tragedy and remember him as a once great football player.

Last edited:
I hate these RIP threads for just this reason. If you hate to dig stuff up, why do it. And FYI while the jury did aquit, we all know they simply had a disconnect that Johnny Cochran was able to exploit.

As for Steve, we don't really know him any more than we know any of these guys. So mourn his death as a sensless tragedy and remember him as a once great football player.

I didn't mean to be a drag and dig up dirt.
We all need to enjoy the moment.
Steve was a good dude in a tough spot....any of us can find ourselves in that.
On a lighter note....
Again, non football related....
FNM reunited!...
YouTube - [01] FAITH NO MORE - Reunited (Download Festival live 2009) *Sync* HQ

:cool:

Let's see, he was dating a girl he first met when she was 19.

This girl had lived in Nashville for 4 years. She arrived there as a 15 year old with her boyfriend, with whom she broke up when she met McNair.

The girl was raised by her sister. As a 15 year old in a new city, she was obviously without adult supervision, a truant and high school dropout.

Her mother was murdered when she was 9. Obviously, that left some psychological scars.

She was a very hard worker, apparently.

What are you going to say? I mean, the kid--and she was clearly a kid--was immature and screwed up. And McNair got involved with her.

Let's see, he was dating a girl he first met when she was 19.

This girl had lived in Nashville for 4 years. She arrived there as a 15 year old with her boyfriend, with whom she broke up when she met McNair.

The girl was raised by her sister. As a 15 year old in a new city, she was obviously without adult supervision, a truant and high school dropout.

Her mother was murdered when she was 9. Obviously, that left some psychological scars.

She was a very hard worker, apparently.

What are you going to say? I mean, the kid--and she was clearly a kid--was immature and screwed up. And McNair got involved with her.

Wow...didnt know.....

that's why I'm Easy like a Sun morning....
YouTube - [09] FAITH NO MORE - Easy (Download Festival 2009) *Sync* HQ

Ditto, was just going to post something similar. "I hate to dig up" and the next thing we know is we are getting an expose on OJ's son.
It's a tragedy. You want to get political about it, we have a forum for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes