PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Steve Belichick - Jerod Mayo - Demarcus Covington - ????

No new defensive assistant coach is going to make our linebackers good at football.
However some here think Patricia can make some offensive players good at football.
Coaches do make make players in sports .... players make coaches.

Disclaimer: I'm usually quite positive, but sometimes you have to be realistic.

I just don't get all the coach hate on either side of the ball. Our offense makes it impossible to play elite defense for an entire game. People just need to accept that our roster has serious holes that need to be filled out over the next 2-3 years. We need upgrades all across the linebacker corps. Our cornerbacks are largely inexperienced in the roles they play. Safety looked like a bright spot but Dugger's injury has thrust a declining McCourty and slightly above average Phillips to need to do more than they are capable of. Peppers is an exciting athlete but a huge liability anywhere but the box. If you thought an aging Hightower was frustrating then you'll absolutely hate how Tavai and Bentley constantly make the wrong reads. No amount of athleticism can make up for the wrong read.

For every promising player (Judon, Strange, Brown, Joneses, Godchaux) we have an expensive veteran that is severely underperforming (Henry, Jonnu Smith, Agholor, Bourne). Without our dominant OL and above average DL we would be getting humiliated like the 2008 Lions. Look at the depth chart. This team just isn't very good right now. It's going to take time and I fully expect as the season wears on we will go from trying to compete to trying to develop and evaluate. The trade deadline could be a doozy for us.

Last edited:
22nd in the NFl defense

Held miami to 20 points.

Offense turned it over 5 times against the ravens, 6 drives from the offense that were 3 minutes or less and only 1 of them ended in a TD. Defense couldn't even get a sustained blow for most of that game because Jones was turning it over

GB. I mean the defense went into Lambeau and almost carried a rookie to a win against Aaron Rodgers in his debut

This team just isn't very good right now.
and yet could have won the ravens and packers games

Agholor having the ball stripped and the ravens having a horseshoe up their ass with how the ball bounced right before it went out. Ball was downed at the ravens 27 yard line, so if that had took a Pats bounce. Pats have the ball at the 27, 1st down, down 5 with less than 5 minutes to play

Packers game is a win with Jones and probably Hoyer

Jones has coughed the ball up 6 times in 3 games. The only other play is to take the ball from his hands and run the ball.

The playcalling is not the problem.

Also, QB play effects the entire team. Defense too. How often do you see a change at QB and the team starts playing good.

Once the NE QB problem is solved, this franchise can get back to being a serious contender again. The Pat's are ranked around 24th in the NFL right now. Below average.

and yet could have won the ravens and packers games

Agholor having the ball stripped and the ravens having a horseshoe up their ass with how the ball bounced right before it went out. Ball was downed at the ravens 27 yard line, so if that had took a Pats bounce. Pats have the ball at the 27, 1st down, down 5 with less than 5 minutes to play

Packers game is a win with Jones and probably Hoyer
Bad teams find ways to lose. see: Jets, New Jersey

Despite @Ian ‘s best efforts, a once great site has become a total sh*tshow that is now overrun by an ever-expanding group of miserable, spoiled Millennial whiners. Just look at the current threads, including this one. It’s a neverending stream of “Ok, let’s complain about this player/coach now!” threads with a sprinkling of pre and post game threads and when they run out of new victims they just circle back and beat those same horses to death. It’s brutal.

Talent is the biggest issue and lacking on both sides of the ball. Personnel groupings and play design are also bizarre.

The same Yac Jones fans are the same Bledsoe fans 20 plus years ago.

They were wrong about Drew Bledsoe and will be proven wrong about Yac Jones. Yac was surrounded by the best players in the country at Alabama.

The same Yac Jones fans are the same Bledsoe fans 20 plus years ago.

They were wrong about Drew Bledsoe and will be proven wrong about Yac Jones. Yac was surrounded by the best players in the country at Alabama.
This was always my biggest fear.

This was always my biggest fear.
Every year Alabama just plugs in new 1st round WRs and RBs with any QB and wins National Championships. I am curious just how many players on their opponents teams make it to the NFL.

The Pat’s offense is ranked 31st in turnovers… there are only 32 teams.

They also played the Phins, Packers and Ravens. The defense isn’t as bad they appear.

The offense has to stop giving opposing offenses 2-3 extra drives and free redzone opportunities a game.

Disclaimer: I'm usually quite positive, but sometimes you have to be realistic.

I just don't get all the coach hate on either side of the ball. Our offense makes it impossible to play elite defense for an entire game. People just need to accept that our roster has serious holes that need to be filled out over the next 2-3 years. We need upgrades all across the linebacker corps. Our cornerbacks are largely inexperienced in the roles they play. Safety looked like a bright spot but Dugger's injury has thrust a declining McCourty and slightly above average Phillips to need to do more than they are capable of. Peppers is an exciting athlete but a huge liability anywhere but the box. If you thought an aging Hightower was frustrating then you'll absolutely hate how Tavai and Bentley constantly make the wrong reads. No amount of athleticism can make up for the wrong read.

For every promising player (Judon, Strange, Brown, Joneses, Godchaux) we have an expensive veteran that is severely underperforming (Henry, Jonnu Smith, Agholor, Bourne). Without our dominant OL and above average DL we would be getting humiliated like the 2008 Lions. Look at the depth chart. This team just isn't very good right now. It's going to take time and I fully expect as the season wears on we will go from trying to compete to trying to develop and evaluate. The trade deadline could be a doozy for us.
First of all. The offense is just fine unfortunately a consistent QB away. Receivers, OL, Backs, even TE's make up a good unit. I believe the secondary is good also. The front seven is vastly overrated. Judon is the only above average defender in the group. Guy has been good but declining. Godchaux, I'm undecided about. Never a Wise fan although he has played better this year, he is still below average. Ekuale might be okay as a backup on pass plays, Davis, I don't know what anyone sees in him. He should have been cut immediately after going offsides in the previous game after a time out. Barmore has been disappointing. Linebackers are not good. Surprisingly, I actually witnessed Bentley and Uche make tackles in the last game. It still doesn't make them good. Tavai a liability, Jennings is not even average. Disappointed in Wilson and McMillan. Need at least one more stout fatty to pair with Godchaux and two stout interior LBs. Tried to find a list of who's available but couldn't find it.

Held miami to 20 points.

Offense turned it over 5 times against the ravens, 6 drives from the offense that were 3 minutes or less and only 1 of them ended in a TD. Defense couldn't even get a sustained blow for most of that game because Jones was turning it over

GB. I mean the defense went into Lambeau and almost carried a rookie to a win against Aaron Rodgers in his debut
Really is was more like 13 points. Mac coughed it up for a short td.

The reality is this team is middle of the pack at best and some people can’t accept it. I guess given the 20 years of success it has warped the perception of how the NFL works to some of our fans. We had a unprecedented run with 6 superbowl wins to tie a franchise in Pittsburgh that accumulated those over a almost 50 year span. Passed the 49ers, Cowboys, Giants, Redskins, Dolphins, Raiders etc in just 18 seasons. All historic franchises who helped make what the nfl what it is today. Here we are almost 5 years later crying because we haven’t won. It’s ridiculous how some fans get worked up about this teams lack of success given the norm.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back