PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Stephen A Smith: 'It appears the NFL were after BB and Patriots'

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is about self-preservation. It is getting harder and harder for the media (even ESPN) to support Goodell. ESPN (and Smith) is trying to save face.

Yea! the water is getting high enough were the Rats better find another
flotation device or drown.

Like I said in the other thread.

The-Warriors-DJ-Lynne-Thigpen.png

Steven A is not going to be getting any more inside info from the NFL front office lol

There is no question that the NFL vastly underrated Tom Brady's commitment to fight this, clear his name...and now win.

Just like in "The Brady 6". Scouts didnt understand what made TB12 tick. In this instance, neither did the league.

If you challenge TB in ANYTHING, you are getting his best and an all-out, to-the-death effort.
That's a very good point.
I doubt the League thought that he would be willing to risk the (slight) embarrassment associated with releasing some of his personal emails. They forgot that this was the guy who told his teammates that it was about "honor" and "our families" before the SB.

I think the fact that thousands of Brady's PERSONAL emails have been released to the public is making people think that, perhaps Brady was right to not give his cellphone.
By agreeing to the release of his emails, he called their bluff.

He's on WEEI right now.

Well seeing that the NFLPA released the emails I don't think that's it. I think it's the fact that once again Goodell lied and had the arrogance to think he could get away with it because the transcript was "confidential" was what did it. Thank you Judge Berman!
Exactly.

I still have no idea how Judge Berman is going to lean on the basic Vacate/Uphold issue, but so far he is acting exactly like I called when, this week and last, I posted my impressions of him based on 25 years experience with folks in the Judicial, Legal and Prosecutor communities in NYC.

I've never claimed to know him or have any inside information, but I've spent a lot of time with folks who think like Berman. No nonsense. No time for crap. No time for "secrets." So far, that's how it's played out. He probably doesn't even want this case in his courtroom, but now that it's there, everybody is going to play by his rules or they're not going to play.

Richard Berman was NOT the judge that Wells wanted to get when he thought he was so smart in filing a motion to Uphold a nanosecond after the "Arbiter's" ruling was released. Kessler recognized that, released the Appeal record, released Brady's emails and ran for daylight.

Berman could still be a hardass on the ruling, but my instinct is that he will have no sympathy for Goodell and Wells and will listen very seriously to Kessler, Brady and Smith (I think that bringing Smith as co-counsel is very smart...if Kraft hadn't blown it in May, it would have been a good idea for him to sitting in the front row of the Court Room on Wednesday as well, but that ship sailed a long time ago). They will get a clean shot to make their case. Hopefully, Berman's clerk and Magistrate Judge Francis are scanning the media and read the local papers.

Let's see how his comments are on Aldon Smiths newest charges?

Berman could still be a hardass on the ruling, but my instinct is that he will have no sympathy for Goodell and Wells and will listen very seriously to Kessler, Brady and Smith (I think that bringing Smith as co-counsel is very smart...if Kraft hadn't blown it in May, it would have been a good idea for him to sitting in the front row of the Court Room on Wednesday as well, but that ship sailed a long time ago). They will get a clean shot to make their case. Hopefully, Berman's clerk and Magistrate Judge Francis are scanning the media and read the local papers.

I just hope that logic and fairness prevails at the end.

Steven A is not going to be getting any more inside info from the NFL front office lol

Did he ever get inside info, or just planted stories?

The most interesting part in this audio is Stephen A ripping of Jay Cutler after they finish to talk about the Patriots and move to the Bears.

Cliff notes?

For those interested, looks like a summary of their discussion: http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports...ially-refusing-to-take-deflategate-seriously/

Here is a quote that summarizes his opinion
Smith does not view Brady as blameless in the never-ending controversy, but he said he would like to see Brady’s suspension overturned.

“Where I’m looking at it, of course we want to see Tom Brady,” Smith said. “I hope that the suspension gets completely eliminated, personally. I’m tired of the story, it’s much ado about nothing.”

According to Smith, the tide of public opinion might be starting to turn. As a result of the release of the appeal’s transcript, some people’s minds may have been changed.

Read that "First Take" is in Foxboro today?

SAS better be prepared for an interesting welcome.

I heard Stephen A earlier in the week say he is going to need extra security Friday in Foxboro.

Perfect time for a coward to bang a 180 & show up wearing a Brady jersey.

Exactly.

I still have no idea how Judge Berman is going to lean on the basic Vacate/Uphold issue, but so far he is acting exactly like I called when, this week and last, I posted my impressions of him based on 25 years experience with folks in the Judicial, Legal and Prosecutor communities in NYC.

I've never claimed to know him or have any inside information, but I've spent a lot of time with folks who think like Berman. No nonsense. No time for crap. No time for "secrets." So far, that's how it's played out. He probably doesn't even want this case in his courtroom, but now that it's there, everybody is going to play by his rules or they're not going to play.
Berman hasn't really done anything since releasing his statement.

Richard Berman was NOT the judge that Wells wanted to get when he thought he was so smart in filing a motion to Uphold a nanosecond after the "Arbiter's" ruling was released. Kessler recognized that, released the Appeal record, released Brady's emails and ran for daylight.
Kesslers didn't release the appeal record or Brady's emails. The court ruled that all filings were public, not private.
People keep saying this and it is inaccurate, and implies Kessler pulled a tactic.

It seems more and more evident that August 12th will be a very important day. The judges input into the 'negotiation' will probably tip off his feelings so far on the case.[/QUOTE]

All started by Harbaugh and the Ravens.

He whined to the NFL after getting snookered on college formations. The Colts are whiners no doubt. They always have been cry babies, but Harbaugh cant lose like man either.

Did you see his two most recent scoops! The man is on a roll!!

"It appears that in fact the earth resolves around the sun"

"From all indications it does appear that it is Grant who is buried in Grant's tomb. To be honest I don't really understand why there's all this controversy around it. He's dead why does he care who's buried in his tomb."

WOW!! I just have to ask "How can this be topped?" Steve A. Smith is playing the internet media idiot game at a whole new level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes