PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Stephen A Smith: 'It appears the NFL were after BB and Patriots'

Status
Not open for further replies.

brap999

On the Roster
Reaction score
Heard a rumor that Stephen A Smith completely back tracked on his "Brady is guilty" position today, a complete 180. He even admits that the reason Brady probably didn't give up his phone is so the contents wouldn't be made public like his emails ended up public. The Best part? He finally admits that "It appears the NFL were after BB and the Patriots" and that "They should Let Brady play".

I didn't believe it until I could hear it, and I found the audio up on youtube. It starts at 16:55

Last edited:
wait....wut???

This is about self-preservation. It is getting harder and harder for the media (even ESPN) to support Goodell. ESPN (and Smith) is trying to save face.

I completely agree, and I still can't stand Stephen A Smith and refuse to watch his show, but when a guy like that back peddles (for what ever reason), you know the NFL is really starting to lose their case.

Interesting. Almost seems like ESPN figured out which way the wind is blowing and is now trying to distance itself from the NFL, or at least Goodell.

Man that was quite the 180 by Stephen A Smith

The rats are fleeing the NFL's sinking ship

You know what would be great? A moment of introspection where Stephen A. Smith realizes that the NFL hand-selected him to be part of this witch hunt because they knew he's such a ****ing idiot that it would totally go over without questioning.

He's the Derek Zoolander of sports reporters (minus the third act redemption).

I think the fact that thousands of Brady's PERSONAL emails have been released to the public is making people think that, perhaps Brady was right to not give his cellphone.
Well seeing that the NFLPA released the emails I don't think that's it. I think it's the fact that once again Goodell lied and had the arrogance to think he could get away with it because the transcript was "confidential" was what did it. Thank you Judge Berman!

I think the fact that thousands of Brady's PERSONAL emails have been released to the public is making people think that, perhaps Brady was right to not give his cellphone.
And there are no nefarious ball deflating schemes, peoples imaginations run wild.

People seem to forget this little fact. It's not just Goodell. It's the entire league office, to include some in the NFLPA. D. Smith isn't anything great, but boy wait until Gilbert gets his crack. It would be a disaster. So a complete cleaning is needed. The owners don't get away clean on this issue either.

Something needs to change, what that is I'm not sure but I do have some ideas.

wait....wut???

ohhhhhh....waitaminute --- he opened by saying there's no reason for this topic to be on first take any longer........

and he repeatedly blamed nflpa for the e-mails

Well...I always felt it was about getting BB. Never realized that football preparation was connect to QBs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes