PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Steelers match offer sheet retain RFA WR Emmanuel Sanders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey..you don't get Sanders this season...you get him next year as a FA.....This kid Justin hunter out of Tenn looks good...

No offense - KonTradiction, but you are one of them. You have no clue regarding the talent on this team and in its depth chart. I thank God that people like you are not running the New England Patriots.

You tried to pull this crap in the other thread and got smashed for it. Do you care to bring up any counterpoints to what I stated so that we can actually have a debate about it, or would you just prefer to show that you don't have much outside of your feelings on the matter and continue the useless ad hominem? I would suspect it's the latter because, the moment that I showed you that there were, indeed, needs at the position, you did the same thing that you just did in this thread, tucked your tail between your legs, and left.

Have you ever stopped to think that you keep hearing those same things every offseason because the Pats have not fixed those issues? It looks as if the team has figured out that they need better talent at DE and CB, now I expect them to fix WR.

Bear in mind you're arguing with the chap who believes the #1 priority entering the draft is...a coverage OLB.

Not to say that coverage OLB isn't a need, but any level-headed appraisal would peg that need at no higher than #4.

Totally uncalled for. If you want to cast aspersions, the least you could do is highlight specific areas of disagreement and articulate your own case.

Don't waste your time and let me handle it. He has nothing. He knows he has nothing, he knew he had nothing in the other thread as well. The only thing he has is his sensibilities and they come from the inability to admit that the offense has been just as much of a problem as the defense in recent playoff games. I have bookmarked this thread and will cram it right now his throat when the Pats select a WR.

Don't waste your time and let me handle it. He has nothing. He knows he has nothing, he knew he had nothing in the other thread as well. The only thing he has is his sensibilities and they come from the inability to admit that the offense has been just as much of a problem as the defense in recent playoff games. I have bookmarked this thread and will cram it right now his throat when the Pats select a WR.

u mad bro?

:p

Bear in mind you're arguing with the chap who believes the #1 priority entering the draft is...a coverage OLB.

Not to say that coverage OLB isn't a need, but any level-headed appraisal would peg that need at no higher than #4.

Ok, I've got several people from this thread on ignore, so I'm quite possibly missing somethere here, but....

Are there really people here trying to pretend that the WR position isn't a horror show as of right now?

Ok, I've got several people from this thread on ignore, so I'm quite possibly missing somethere here, but....

Are there really people here trying to pretend that the WR position isn't a horror show as of right now?

The general thrust seems to be that since we have great TEs, the dearth of talent at WR isn't such a big deal. Mix in a little aggrandizement of marginal receivers like Edelman and a dash of pie-in-the-sky wishcasting on PS fodder like Aiken and Ebert and you pretty much have your **** sandwich of an argument on proud display.

u mad bro?

:p

Case in point.....Do you have a solution outside of drafting two wide receivers that don't require 1st and 3rd round picks?

As far as your categorization of needing a 4th linebacker, whose name is not __________ Dane Fletcher, that can play 3 downs and cover a running back or a tight end and apply pressure, when called upon to the quarterback, I sure hope that Hightower and Spikes have their running legs on when they face up against Ray Rice and all of the dual threat running backs that they are going to face this year.

Tah dah...as I mentioned a few pages back...he was my neighbor and a ****!!!...

Does your life revolve around sports and players? It shouldn't. Get a life already. Maybe he gets bombarded by anal hole fans. Are you one of those?

I would be like Lloyd actually. There are some dandy people always demanding your time.

One other thing Mr. Floreeda, I know a lot more than you and your "conversation" this morning is showing that.

Happy Patriots Day!

Case in point.....Do you have a solution outside of drafting two wide receivers that don't require 1st and 3rd round picks?

As far as your categorization of needing a 4th linebacker, whose name is not __________ Dane Fletcher, that can play 3 downs and cover a running back or a tight end and apply pressure, when called upon to the quarterback, I sure hope that Hightower and Spikes have their running legs on when they face up against Ray Rice and all of the dual threat running backs that they are going to face this year.

Dane Fletcher and/or Adrian Wilson plus a UDFA wildcard for that lower priority need role.

One other thing Mr. Floreeda, I know a lot more than you and your "conversation" this morning is showing that.

Happy Patriots Day!

If you're going to troll, at least make it humorous. If not, tell me in detail why WR is not a need. If the trolling won't be funny, at least your justification should be.

It was bad last year with Weklah and Lloyd. It's just a little worse now.

This years draft will have to address it. Among the other defencies.

Sanders wasn't the answer.

You were smart in doing so. It's like a combination of teaching football and messageboard etiquette to a special needs class right now.

What are the odds that a WR percolates to the top of BBs board on 2 of his first 3 picks?

Personally I feel like there were merits to both sides of the argument for Pitt, which basically means I'm ambivalent about us keeping him. Basically we're spending an extra million to keep the WR2 seat warm for a 2013 draft pick (I still think we'll take a WR high this April), who will likely take over in 2014. I don't think we'll re-sign Sanders to a longer deal (he's been too injury-prone to sign to large dollars now, and if he does bust out he'll price himself out of Pittsburgh), so this is probably a rental.

Since you guys kept Sanders from us, could you let us borrow Yancey Thigpen instead?

<paging Señor Deus>

Unless we draft a guy who turns into the second coming of Calvin Johnson (it's not happening), spending a high pick on a guy who will be AT BEST the #3 option (and likely #4 at best for the next couple years) is just terrible. Especially given the shape our defense is in

Dane Fletcher and/or Adrian Wilson plus a UDFA wildcard for that lower priority need role.

Pats - You may feel that it is a lower priority for the team but I can assure you that it is not. With Spikes entering his contract year and the schedule that they have, that 4th linebacker role for this year is on the top of that list.

I asked a question last week regarding the Tavon Wilson pick and asked if anyone remembered how long it took them to get that selection in. Did anyone realize that the Jets traded that pick to the Seahawks and they ended up getting Bobby Wagner?

Anyone want to bet that the Pats were zeroed in on Wagner last year?

There are no attractive solutions left that I know of, no.

You keep citing Ray Rice as if he torched us in the passing game last year. Again: what games were you watching?

There are no attractive solutions left that I know of, no.

You keep citing Ray Rice as if he torched us in the passing game last year. Again: what games were you watching?

The 2nd half of the AFC Title game when Ray Rice and Dennis Pitta were five yards ahead of Brandon Spikes and Dont'a Hightower on just about every down and distance passing play.

And this year, it only gets tougher considering the schedule.

As far as attractive solutions? I am glad that you don't think there are no attractive solutions. They need to bring back Lloyd or bring in one other veteran (Alexander or Laurent Robinson) and draft ONE wide receiving prospect. Based on their prospect scouting reports, this is who they have looked at:

2013 Patriots Draft Contacts | NEPatriotsDraft.com - 2013 NFL Draft

Notably, Courtney Gardner, projected 7th round-FA, Marquess Wilson, projected 7th round-FA, Patton/Wheaton/Woods, projected 2nd round, Hopkins, 1st round, Stedman Bailey, projected 2nd-3rd round, Cordarelle Patterson, projected 1st-2nd round if he is slipping due to his ability to separate from cornerbacks. They have also scouted Ryan Swope, projected 3rd round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back