PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Stallworth discusses return to the Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might be tough for Stallworth to make the team but could be worth it for a deep shot here and there.

I'm not excessively high in none of those WRs we've brought (besides Lloyd), but I'm not too worried about it. The guys who'll make the team will be the ones who can contribute the most (captain obvious) and it won't be too hard to improve Ocho's performance last year (I'll take for granted that they can improve Underwood and Edelman).

I'm not excessively high in none of those WRs we've brought (besides Lloyd), but I'm not too worried about it. The guys who'll make the team will be the ones who can contribute the most (captain obvious) and it won't be too hard to improve Ocho's performance last year (I'll take for granted that they can improve Underwood and Edelman).

Love the username and theme you got going on there. Welcome to the board.

I'm not too excited or hopeful about Stallworth/Gonzalez/Oocho having a full preseason either. I look at it like an already lethal offense seeing improvement in depth and quality if Lloyd lives up to potential.

Love the username and theme you got going on there. Welcome to the board.

Thanks!

And I agree, I don't expect big things from them, but as long as they can provide some depth it'll be an improvement on an already great offense. At worst, we'll still have Welker, Gronkowski and Hernandez.

I have to disagree , stallworth was signed before moss to play the deep part of the field. Gaff is a more of a middle to shorter type WR .

When was Moss was added he took all the outside deep routes from stallworth, now stallworth role decreased as Moss took his routes and wes operating in his zone .gaffney`s game complemented that team being in the middle of Wes and Moss.right now gaff will be useless as Gronk and Hernandaz run routes in the same areas as Gaff.

It has not a lot of bearing on how stallworth played , he also ran like a RB once he gets the ball in his hands.

I know he is different now but the outside guy is gonig to be stallworth,branch on one side. you want both to give you One a good WR production this time around.

Couldn't agree more with the Moss Stallworth analogy.

As for Gaff....loved his game....BUT the Patriots have enough 'Gaffney's' (as you also pointed out)

Last edited:
I have to disagree , stallworth was signed before moss to play the deep part of the field. Gaff is a more of a middle to shorter type WR .

When was Moss was added he took all the outside deep routes from stallworth, now stallworth role decreased as Moss took his routes and wes operating in his zone .gaffney`s game complemented that team being in the middle of Wes and Moss.right now gaff will be useless as Gronk and Hernandaz run routes in the same areas as Gaff.

It has not a lot of bearing on how stallworth played , he also ran like a RB once he gets the ball in his hands.

I know he is different now but the outside guy is gonig to be stallworth,branch on one side. you want both to give you One a good WR production this time around.

I agree completely. He was a monster after the catch. I just hope he still has that speed.

I wouldn't put Stallworths chances of making the team at much more than 10%.
Since we let him go after the 2007 season, 4 years ago, he has caught 41 passes.
as a comparision Deion Branch caught more passes than that last year, and is only 1 year older.
Anthony Gonzalez caught 57 passes in that time frame while missing about 60% of his teams games.

Am I the only one who interpreted Donte's 'this time it will be dfferent' comment to mean this time he'll get the ring? I like him. He's on a mission.

Well, I was at the Skins game when Stallworth had 4 catches for 96 yards against us, this season, and he didn't look like he lost a step to me. :) I'm sorry about the auto incident, but he has always seemed like a nice kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Back