PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Spicer's comments on Pats/camergate (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Spicer stands by comments he made about Pats (The VIDEO)

This gets a big "shrug" from me. Nothing to see here. Spicer is right: If NE needs something like that said so long ago to motivate them, so be it.

Re: Spicer's comments on Pats/camergate

He made those comments after week one. Lets see if he says anything this week. I hope he (or someone else) does.

That was a comment from week 1. I believe it was said by many. Is this all you have?

Big, steaming pile of "Who cares?" on this one.

Spicer's EXACT words:

""Do like the NCAA and kick them out of the playoffs or something, put them on probation; they can't go to no playoff games. Roger Goodell has definitely enforced some new rules. He's been hard on players. Now let's see how hard he's going to be with a team."

If you believe that's nothing, you have some reading comprehension problems. It matters not whether he said it 2 days after Spygate or 4 months later. These are the words he spoke.

If you saw the look on his face this morning when he was interviewed on ESPN (silly wabbit, thought it was going to be all about the victory over Pittsburgh - - in his defense, he WAS blindsided by it) - - he looked like he was about to throw up when he heard back his words from September. The realization on his face was classic.

He was asked what he thinks the punishment should be for the situation, before any punishment was dealt. It's not a big deal. It only has significance now because the Patriots went 16-0 and look like one of the most dominant teams in history. You have to put it into perspective, not use it to fuel your own opinion.

What a moron, I'm surprised Jack Delrio didnt put a muzzle on his players this week with the media.

I agree that some members of the media do have agendas, and they like to hype up nonsense and take things out of context.

But this is why players have to be smart about what they say. The Patriots never say anything that can be construed as disrespectful before they play an opponent. Yes they trash talk and make their comments during and after games but never beforehand. They know firsthand how these comments can be used as motivation.

I'm sure that Spicer's coach and his teammates are annoyed that he didn't lay low with this right now. You don't need this as a stroyline on Sportscenter.

I agree. :eat3: :eat3: :eat3:

Can you guys cool it with the merging of threads? The second Spicer thread evidently had a video link from today.

You know, it's okay to have a thread talking about what happened last year AND a thread aobut today's interview.

I've been hunting through this long merged thread looking for the first post of the second thread (with the link), and it is annoying as hell.

YOU DON'T HAVE TO MERGE EVERY SINGLE THREAD. Sometimes new threads have the same topic but a totally different direction or discussion.

Bless thier heart, they're coming up with material of their own...

http://mb.jaguars.com/Topic454974-6-1.aspx

They're trying to make BB look like the heavy because of his comment about "...understanding his(Del Rio) frustration because of all the success Tom has head with his defenses."
I'm not joining that site just to set that straight for them.:snob:

They're trying to make BB look like the heavy because of his comment about "...understanding his(Del Rio) frustration because of all the success Tom has head with his defenses."
I'm not joining that site just to set that straight for them.:snob:

Read some other stuff--it seems smack is not in their blood, at all. they seem a little confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes