PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Well it's safe to say these 5 will not be Pats...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Pa Patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Not because Tommose said it , its just to me the pats always surprise with a pick .. Mayo was not really projected until the day before the draft.. So I think these guys are smoke screens.. Besides, I will be very sh****ed that Bill Belichick will draft a player from usc on defense in the first round..

Patriots in first see 5 - BostonHerald.com

Re: Well its safe to say these 5 will not be Pats..

Kinda shocked by a qb in the second round, but you never know...

Re: Well its safe to say these 5 will not be Pats..

Kinda shocked by a qb in the second round, but you never know...

He's not an NFL QB, more of a wildcard basically because of the sudden infatuation with the wildcat. Problem is most teams got a bead on it by the end of last season so the media may be projecting value based on fleeting upside. I find it hard to believe a team with Tom Brady behind center and weapons like Moss and Welker (and Galloway and Lewis)to target will be thinking about taking the ball out of his hands very often.

I could see Bill taking a flyer on a football player if we got what we wanted out of the first 4 picks, but if hype pushes him into the second I really can't. Even in the third he'd have to show some pretty solid instincts to be developed as a WR which then, given his limited potential as a QB, might make him a useful developmental player in the interim who could be flipped for value in a year or two. Prototypical height is one of the measurables that does really seem to matter at the position in this modern day NFL given the size and span of many of the players rushing QB's... And as determined as this kid is to play the QB position I'm not sure his heart will be in it if he's being asked to focus on developing other potential skillsets.

I think a couple of the LB's may have been brought in so they could look 'em in the eye and really work 'em out because there are questions of character where Malaluga is concerned and not a lot of film to peruse at the position on the other two. Could be interested in them or just curious about how their supposed upside compares to someone else they have tons of film and a more solid bead on.

And they probably just wanted to see how short Butler really is :D

It's Clay Matthews, Larry English, Connor Barwin, Darius Butler and Pat White for those of you boycotting Tomase and the Herald.

Darnit stop linking to Tomase articles. I don't want to give that fraud or the Herald any web hits.

It's Clay Matthews, Larry English, Connor Barwin, Darius Butler and Pat White for those of you boycotting Tomase and the Herald.
Thank you! Did Tomase indicate why "he" thinks they are being targeted?

Thank you! Did Tomase indicate why "he" thinks they are being targeted?
Tomaase stalks the board it were he gets all his info. I think hes siding with Patsnutme on this one if i'm not mistaken. :p

Tomaase stalks the board it were he gets all his info. I think hes siding with Patsnutme on this one if i'm not mistaken. :p
Poor Nut, he always draws the wrong groupies to his fan club... :nooo:

1960776.jpg

So now we go from too few OLB's to too many? Assuming you have them listed in order I like Butler and White, and one of the first 3. But this is a severely short sighted list. The needs of '10 are more important then the needs of '09 because the needs of '10 are harder to get and more expensive in FA, and take time to learn (DL, DL, OT, OG, TE), and we will have little in the way of picks. Much better to start now with an OT and a DL in the first 5 picks. I wouldn't mind a S and OG with the 6th and 7th picks.

Obivously he thinks of Matthews at ILB. and the two edge rushers outside. so one of those is a keeper and the other a cut victim after a year or two?

JT is a gold plated moron....

So now we go from too few OLB's to too many? Assuming you have them listed in order I like Butler and White, and one of the first 3. But this is a severely short sighted list. The needs of '10 are more important then the needs of '09 because the needs of '10 are harder to get and more expensive in FA, and take time to learn (DL, DL, OT, OG, TE), and we will have little in the way of picks. Much better to start now with an OT and a DL in the first 5 picks. I wouldn't mind a S and OG with the 6th and 7th picks.

Obivously he thinks of Matthews at ILB. and the two edge rushers outside. so one of those is a keeper and the other a cut victim after a year or two?

JT is a gold plated moron....

I'm not sure that he way saying that ALL five would be Patriots picks, but well, maybe, irrational thinking would be consistent with the source....

I think he was just saying that those five could be on the Patriots radar.

The pathetic part is that 95% of this board could offer more insight in half the words. He's pretty useless and used a bunch of words to not really say anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST