PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WBCN axes rock format - going to all sports (on 98.5 as WBZ-FM) to compete with WEEI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: ESPNBoston

Anyone else excited about the launching of this site?
I love reiss, but hate espn. Guess I'll have to just suck it up.

Re: WBCN axes rock format - going to all sports (on 98.5 as WBZ-FM) to compete with W

if anybody thinks the new bcn will have more pats talk than eei you will be very disappointed. the same demographic that tunes in eei is the same demographic that bcn will be targeting. if bcn wants high ratings they will gear the station towards the listener. the people listing will be Boston sports fans. Boston sports fans are obviously huge sox fans. the only way there will be more pats talk is if the majority of the callers[listeners] want it.

At least they have more Pats talk than EEI and no political talk. I am already a convert, since I can't stand the morning show on EEI (although the frat boy crap interspersed with sports is a little hard to take too). I thought I would miss Dale & Holley, but I don't, and I stopped listening to the scream fest known as the Big Show a long time ago. Thought I would not be able to stomach Maz and Gary Tanguay, but they have not bothered me as much as I thought they would. I still like Felger and he does a good job of tempering Maz, at least to my ears. Flame away, but if a significant number of people feel the way I do, I'd say EEI is in a bit of trouble.

Re: WBCN axes rock format - going to all sports (on 98.5 as WBZ-FM) to compete with W

At least they have more Pats talk than EEI and no political talk. I am already a convert, since I can't stand the morning show on EEI (although the frat boy crap interspersed with sports is a little hard to take too). I thought I would miss Dale & Holley, but I don't, and I stopped listening to the scream fest known as the Big Show a long time ago. Thought I would not be able to stomach Maz and Gary Tanguay, but they have not bothered me as much as I thought they would. I still like Felger and he does a good job of tempering Maz, at least to my ears. Flame away, but if a significant number of people feel the way I do, I'd say EEI is in a bit of trouble.

I switch between the two. I still can't really listen to either morning show. I listen to the mid-day and afternoon show based on the topics. I listen to the DA Show exclusively at night and am damn glad I never have to hear Mike Adams' stupidity ever again. I would say during the day that I listen 65-30-5 between 98.5, WEEI, and ESPN Boston. Can't get ESPN Boston at work and Kevin Winters makes my ears bleed. I consider him Gresh Jr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back