PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Spicer's comments on Pats/camergate (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Spicer's comments on Pats/camergate

I'm glad my team doesn't have to feel disrespected to get up for games! Har har! The patriots are so disrespected having the MVP and Coach of the year on their team!

You made your point. The Patriots are pathetic because they feel disrespected. yeah, it sucks to be 16-0 and win three Super Bowls. Now move on you jealous twit.

I'm glad my team doesn't have to feel disrespected to get up for games! Har har! The patriots are so disrespected having the MVP and Coach of the year on their team!
WOW! I din't think it was posible but you actually but you actually got even dumber since last night.

And Colts fans feel disrespected because they don't. Har!Har!

You're the most disrespected undefeated team ever! Never mind the fact sports analysts are licking your nuts 24/7! I'm sure the Pats will find some way to take out of context quotes into disrespect so their old defense will be able to get up in the morning.

Besides the Pats and the "grumpy, old men" from '72, who else might you be referring to that was undefeated since the Super Bowl era began?

You're the most disrespected undefeated team ever! Never mind the fact sports analysts are licking your nuts 24/7! I'm sure the Pats will find some way to take out of context quotes into disrespect so their old defense will be able to get up in the morning.

And yet another confused Colts fan. First all we heard is how much the nation, fans and the league "hated" the Patriots. It was all taunting, all the time...."How does it feel to be hated by everyone?" "Those SB wins mean nothing because everyone despises the Pats"......on and on and on.

So, what happened? Is it time to take the other side of that argument? Now all of a sudden everyone just "loves" the Patriots?

Dude, just move on, really. We know that Colts fans are in fits that in the year that was supposed be "Manning and Dungy", they've barely registered a blip.

Pat's beat Colts at home, Pat's go 16-0, Brady breaks the TD record and gets MVP (with no votes for Manning), Belichick wins Coach of the Year (with only 1 vote for Dungy), 8 Pat's voted to Pro Bowl vs 5 Colts.......we get it, it's too much for you guys to handle.

I can't hear you. Maybe if you turned down that crowd noise wav file a bit....

I haven't said anything about the Colts. I don't think the Pats players are pathetic, just you fans. You seem to think all this bulletin board (none) material will help your team. It won't. They don't need the help.

You've made your point and showed your stupidity a thousand times.

Hey just because our fans can be loud and yours can't, you don't have to be filled with jealousy.

don't be jealous just because your team can't win unless the have artificial crowd noise blasting at the other team. By the way, the Pats can win without the bulletin board material as you say, they just embarrass you a little less, which is why the Colts have learned to shut up in the week leading up to a Pats game.

Say what you will about our fan base, at least it exists.

I'm merely expressing a pretty common stereotype of the two geographical regions. Are you really that easily offended?

No. Here's the deal. Every week we get a new bunch of trolls who always revert back to Cheater! Cheater! I can say with 100% certainty that you have done no research on the subject. You have just taken some media sound bites and made your own assumptions. You, like most others, have allowed the media to tell you what your opinion is. That, to me, is pure stupidity.

Do you see 1 political ad and like the suit that Obama is wearing and decide to vote for him because of that? Or do you research his stances on issues important to you? You heard the word cheat, latched onto it and used it. You did no research to find the basis, you assumed it was true.

I know it's not widely publicized now, but some of the media are finally coming around and admitting that this was nothing more than jaywalking.

The Black Dwarf - I don't think you're getting why it is stupid.

It doesn't matter whether Spicer is correct to say what he said, or whether NE is dumb to get worked up over these things. What matters is that it is known that NE gets motivated over slights. It has been witnessed time and time again that oppoenents who yap about NE pay the price, and that NE enjoys rubbing their faces in defeat. Knowing all of this the guy chooses to open his yap. That is stupid.

This isn't about right and wrong. Stop going there. This is about what effect his comments will have on the upcoming game.

There's a difference between breaking the rules and cheating. The NFL has something against filming opposing coaches from the sidelines, but they are perfectly OK with stealing signals off a videotape and from the stands.

The NFL twice has said that stealing signs is legal. Once, last year, when the Dolphins stole the Patriots' signs off a tape, and this year when the Patriots reported that the Jets had a man filming them who was unauthorized.

In both instances, the NFL said this was fine.

So, if you have a brain and aren't stupid, there's only one thing you can conclude. The NFL is against filming from the sidelines. The NFL is not against stealing signals. Therefore, Spicer is a stupid idiot. Do you agree with him?

I really do not want to open up with an argument about some metaphysical understanding of 'right' and 'wrong'. And since you were so kind to point out that we are lacking in an understanding of something, perhaps you could explain to me the difference between "breaking of the rule" and "cheating".

Again, correct me if I'm wrong (which I am), but I have the understanding that cheating can be seen as violation of the rules. In fact, the dictionary even agrees with that pretty basic definition. And since dear ole' Bill got fined for something, and being that fines are typically handed out when an individual violates an understanding of a rule - of what is right and wrong, then could you see where my misplaced and confused mind may have not seen that "difference"?

But please, PLEASE, help me and my bud Webster here out.

All that to say -- the issue of cheating is WAY BEYOND the point. Listen, you guys brought up that Spicer made a stupid comment. He didn't. Go and believe and he made a stupid judgment call to even say that comment for all I care (I disagree of course, it was made in September).

It's just not even relevant. He was right for saying "semantics" because what semantics comes down to in most conversations is personal interpretation.

The Jaguars are a LONG shot at winning this game. You all have yourselves an amazing team up there.

I really do not want to open up with an argument about some metaphysical understanding of 'right' and 'wrong'. And since you were so kind to point out that we are lacking in an understanding of something, perhaps you could explain to me the difference between "breaking of the rule" and "cheating".

Again, correct me if I'm wrong (which I am), but I have the understanding that cheating can be seen as violation of the rules. In fact, the dictionary even agrees with that pretty basic definition. And since dear ole' Bill got fined for something, and being that fines are typically handed out when an individual violates an understanding of a rule - of what is right and wrong, then could you see where my misplaced and confused mind may have not seen that "difference"?

All that to say -- the issue of cheating is WAY BEYOND the point. Listen, you guys brought up that Spicer made a stupid comment. He didn't. Go and believe and he made a stupid judgment call to even say that comment for all I care (I disagree of course, it was made in September).

It's just not even relevant. He was right for saying "semantics" because what semantics comes down to in most conversations is personal interpretation.

The Jaguars are a LONG shot at winning this game. You all have yourselves an amazing team up there.

Holding is a violation of the rules. Is it cheating? The media brought up Spicer and the genius put himself on national TV this morning to say it again.

Going fast on the highway is breaking a rule. How is it cheating?

Holding is a violation of the rules. Is it cheating? The media brought up Spicer and the genius put himself on national TV this morning to say it again.

It's really embarrassing that we have to explain the basic meaning of common English phrases to Jags fans.

I could give a hundred different examples of breaking a rule that doesn't constitute cheating. Taking out a sharpie pen is also against the rules. How is it cheating?

And since you were so kind to point out that we are lacking in an understanding of something, perhaps you could explain to me the difference between "breaking of the rule" and "cheating".

For us Pat's fans, Roger Goodell and the NFL have already made that distinction early on.

After the contents of the camera that was confiscated during the first quarter of the Jets game were reviewed, Goodell, in his letter to the Patriots, stated that "it gained no competetive advantage" for them.

After the Patriots turned over the rest of their video library, Goodell and Greg Aiello both made public comments to reporters that "there was no evidence that the tapes had any affect on the Patriots Super Bowl wins or the playoff games in those same years".

That is the fundamental difference between "breaking a rule" and "cheating".

The Pat's broke a rule that the NFL wanted to enforce and for ignoring the warnings, they were punished.

However, the breaking of the rule itself did NOT result in "an unfair competetive advantage", which is why all the claims of "cheating" are incorrect.

Hope that cleared it up.

Re: Bingo!!! Spicer wins!!!

You are correct he did say it months ago but he just today stood by his comments watch the video clip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back