PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Spicer's comments on Pats/camergate (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Spicer's comments on Pats/camergate

I don't care how silly it is that NE feeds off of this stuff. What we do know is that they do in fact feed on it.

Saying anything about NE is just stupid. I don't care if it's right or wrong and if NE is infantile in finding disrespect, it is just downright stupid. For the guy to repeat his comments today is dumb.

Has he had his head in the sand for 6 years? Hell, where he has been this year as NE has gone 16-0? Did he see Anthony Smith getting burned twice and getting it shoved in his face?

I bet his teammates and coach are unhappy with him, and if they aren't they're stupid too. Just don't open your mouth. How hard is that?

He said it again! He said it again! He's on First Take and he said he stands by the comments. He said if the Pats need that motivation, then so be it. The host was laughing at him, sort of, and explaining how the Pats use this as motivation.

He could have at least said that the Media twisted his words. It would not be the first time that they've done that. Oh well.

Why *****-foot? I do not get it. He said they were breaking the rules, and you are trying to say that the man shouldn't call out someone if they did something wrong? He was asked his opinion and answered it like it should have been answered.

I'm lost. You all can't be this stupid.

Man I'm going to enjoy seeing your team melt in the face of the Pats. And with each indignant protest of your players and fans, so will the Pats players and coaches. Thanks for the fuel.

I don't care how silly it is that NE feeds off of this stuff. What we do know is that they do in fact feed on it.

Saying anything about NE is just stupid. I don't care if it's right or wrong and if NE is infantile in finding disrespect, it is just downright stupid. For the guy to repeat his comments today is dumb.

Has he had his head in the sand for 6 years? Hell, where he has been this year as NE has gone 16-0? Did he see Anthony Smith getting burned twice and getting it shoved in his face?

I bet his teammates and coach are unhappy with him, and if they aren't they're stupid too. Just don't open your mouth. How hard is that?

If ANYONE on our team said that about his team, what do you think they would do with those comments? They would blow up the quote and hang it in their locker as a rallying cry. These players all have pride in what they do. There is nothing worse than questioning a team's ability or integrity. I don't know how much more motivated the team will be, but he better hope that the media doesn't blow this one up any further. You know how they like to drag out a story.

Exactly. I remember Ditka after the Pitt game saying the Pats shouldn't need bulletin board material. If he knew they'd react to Smith the way they did he'd have had his whole team saying stuff. Who cares if they would, should or could? They DO take it as motiviation, or least to keep them focused. Why keep stoking the fire?

Why *****-foot? I do not get it. He said they were breaking the rules, and you are trying to say that the man shouldn't call out someone if they did something wrong? He was asked his opinion and answered it like it should have been answered.

WE are not stupid. Spicer is stupid. I don't know how else to explain it to you. Shut your damn mouth. Even the guy on First Take was trying to get him out of it and laughing at him. The past is littered with idiots who couldn't do just that.

There's a difference between breaking the rules and cheating. The NFL has something against filming opposing coaches from the sidelines, but they are perfectly OK with stealing signals off a videotape and from the stands.

The NFL twice has said that stealing signs is legal. Once, last year, when the Dolphins stole the Patriots' signs off a tape, and this year when the Patriots reported that the Jets had a man filming them who was unauthorized.

In both instances, the NFL said this was fine.

So, if you have a brain and aren't stupid, there's only one thing you can conclude. The NFL is against filming from the sidelines. The NFL is not against stealing signals. Therefore, Spicer is a stupid idiot. Do you agree with him?

When did the NFL say it was cheating. Hell Goodell went out of his way to say IT DIDN'T HELP THEM IN THAT GAME. he never once called it cheating. Frankly a lot of people think that the tapes showed a lot of other teams doing the same thing and the NFL didn't want to have to back track on it.

I'm not even saying we are going to win, not even making a football argument that says the Jaguars are better than the Patriots. Your team clearly is one of the strongest and most volatile teams in football history, there's no arguing that.

I'm simply stating that you guys (the fans), outside of the realm of turf and hash marks, are whining about the most asinine things. Northerners typically champion themselves on their superior intellect to those from the South, but this entire attempt to justify the blatant rule breaking that the Patriots did is absolutely idiotic.

Rule breaking. Big deal. We also had a guy that broke a rule last week and was fined.

That doesn't justify idiotic comments about cheating.

I'm not even saying we are going to win, not even making a football argument that says the Jaguars are better than the Patriots. Your team clearly is one of the strongest and most volatile teams in football history, there's no arguing that.

I'm simply stating that you guys (the fans), outside of the realm of turf and hash marks, are whining about the most asinine things. Northerners typically champion themselves on their superior intellect to those from the South, but this entire attempt to justify the blatant rule breaking that the Patriots did is absolutely idiotic.

We never defend the breaking of the rule. We did that. It's the cheating thing--we've never been found guilty of cheating. Learn the difference.

There's a difference between breaking the rules and cheating. The NFL has something against filming opposing coaches from the sidelines, but they are perfectly OK with stealing signals off a videotape and from the stands.

The NFL twice has said that stealing signs is legal. Once, last year, when the Dolphins stole the Patriots' signs off a tape, and this year when the Patriots reported that the Jets had a man filming them who was unauthorized.

In both instances, the NFL said this was fine.

So, if you have a brain and aren't stupid, there's only one thing you can conclude. The NFL is against filming from the sidelines. The NFL is not against stealing signals. Therefore, Spicer is a stupid idiot. Do you agree with him?

This is the problem with comments like Spicer's and those of the uninformed. There is no rule against sign-stealing or against filming another sideline. It's only against the rules to film from certain locations without permission. This was a narrow rules violation that got blown out of proportion.

It's also wrong to make assumptions and accusations about events in past years with no foundation (did the Pats even have tape on Carolina in 2003??).

Whining about asinine things? Huh? Did you see the full extent of what he said, when he said it? He was calling into question all our past wins, and more importantly the past Super Bowls. THAT is anything but insignificant and assinine. That's about the worst thing anybody can say. You cannot be serious with your comments.

Call it what you want man. Stupid rule or not, it was against the guidelines and he said they should get penalized. Not seeing the big deal here.

You call us stupid and then you can't read. Read his quote again where he impugns the Patriots as cheaters. He's saying we cheated to victories in the past.

Ever notice how these people show up on our board saying the Patriots cheated, and then when the facts are presented to them, they never actually contest the facts, nor do they admit they were wrong? They just make a bogus excuse ("semantics") and run away with their tail between their legs.

If you want to call the Patriots cheaters, present the facts. Otherwise, just go away.

WOW! Talk about a "blanket" assumption. Do all "southerner's" suffer from a lack of low self-esteem or have an inferiority complex similar to the one you are stating here?

I'm glad my team doesn't have to feel disrespected to get up for games! Har har! The patriots are so disrespected having the MVP and Coach of the year on their team!

*chirp* *chirp* *chirp* :confused: *chirp* *chirp* *chirp*

GFY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST