PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Spicer's comments on Pats/camergate (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Spicer's comments on Pats/camergate

God bless the camera. It's the gift that keeps on giving.

LOL! Seriously, is it ever going to go away? More importantly, is anybody ever going to get it right?

It's pretty pathetic that you think your team needs bulletin board material and needs to be disrespected to have any sort of motivation to play well at all. I'm pretty sure it has absolutely 0 effect on the outcome of the game.

Pathetic? Why would you say that if it works? If it works, it's far from pathetic, IT'S GREAT! BTW... it has a significant effect. Did you not watch the Pats/Steelers game?

Last edited:

LOL! Seriously, is it ever going to go away? More importantly, is anybody ever going to get it right?
The beauty is, it doesn't matter if anyone gets it right because it's already said. Spicer's comments were from September. And Del Idiot's worse "spearing" comments were from last year. They're said, they're in the history books. No one needs to get it wrong now, they already have :rocker:

It's pretty pathetic that you think your team needs bulletin board material and needs to be disrespected to have any sort of motivation to play well at all. I'm pretty sure it has absolutely 0 effect on the outcome of the game.

It isn't pathetic. It just shows the team has a passion for what they do!

And they end up throwing the comments back, as W goes up on the score board!!!!

It's pretty pathetic that you think your team needs bulletin board material and needs to be disrespected to have any sort of motivation to play well at all.
You still don't get it. You keep saying they need it to win, and it is just one small part of the entire winning philosophy. They play well without it (or without perhaps any one of there methods). But,synergistically, the whole is greater than the sum of the parts, and when taken AS A WHOLE, all the things the Pats do, including playing the disrespect card, has earned them the only 16-0 season in history.

As far as bulletin board material goes, certainly stuff like that fires the team up. Smart teams do not insult other teams. Look at the Colts. When was the last time Manning or any Colt went public with insults to a team they had to play? Just because another team may not NEED to be disrespected doesn't mean it will not fire them up.

Think of it as walking in a bad area of the city at night. A gang of punks, armed with knives and guns, crosses your path. If they want to take you they will. What do you do? Wait until they are close to you and then call them a bunch of candyasses? Tell them they are all morons and misfits?

That is the analogy. They gang doesn't need you to make fun of them to take you apart. At the same time it is stupid of you to prod them and insult them.

As far as it being pathetic, that is a judgement call. Some people would embrace a principle (us agaisnt the world) that has resulted in three world championships and the only 16-0 season in the history of the NFL. You seem to prefer to lose rather than find a method of maintaining focus. And that is fine with us.

I'm pretty sure it has absolutely 0 effect on the outcome of the game.
Well, it is pretty hard to keep up the motivation and focus game after game. everyone has a let down now and then. The constant barrage of insults facing the Pats helps them keep focused.

It is quite apparent to anyone who listened to WMG yell, "Cancel those reservations!" and Rodney say, "They called us a patch-wrok defense" that the Patriots do indeed feel strongly. I find it humorous that people still deny the effect of this.

You're not the brightest bulb. Are you?
"Where's the forest? I don't see no forest! There's nothing here but a bunch of trees."

Think of it as walking in a bad area of the city at night. A gang of punks, armed with knives and guns, crosses your path. If they want to take you they will. What do you do? Wait until they are close to you and then call them a bunch of candyasses? Tell them they are all morons and misfits?

Just freakin great.
Why didn't somebody tell me this years ago?

He made those comments after week one. Lets see if he says anything this week. I hope he (or someone else) does.

The arseterisk that's still on their official webpage is more than enough.

Last edited:

You excel in misreading things, which makes me question your education. No one here said it's necessary for them to have "any sort of motivation." What is undeniable is that it helps them have some extra motivation. That much is clear. Anyone who has played competitive sports knows that extra adrenaline and anger help you get up for a game.

Thank you for your input, Anthony Smith.

You mean they look for the tiniest insult to their greatness and blow it out of proportion because they can't get motivated in any other way. I guess trying to beat a football team isn't enough motivation for them to play their best. That is the definition of pathetic if true. I, however, do not think that is the case, so I guess I think higher of Tom Brady and the rest of the pats than you do. Wow.

Yeah, the Patriots are pathetic. Thank you for your input.

You mean they look for the tiniest insult to their greatness and blow it out of proportion because they can't get motivated in any other way. I guess trying to beat a football team isn't enough motivation for them to play their best. That is the definition of pathetic if true. I, however, do not think that is the case, so I guess I think higher of Tom Brady and the rest of the pats than you do. Wow.

Once again, Anthony, I guess Brady just mistakenly ran into you in the End Zone after the first touchdown in the Pittsburgh game and decided to drop all those F-bombs on you because he didn't like the way you wore your uniform that day.

The JAGS website is an official arm of the team.
I wonder whta the Krafts would think about this asterisk on the official NFL nwebsite.
He should talk to Goodell and Weaver about this crap.

It is one thing for a rag like the NY post to have it, but the JAGS official website?

I do not remember the official NFL decision referring to cheating?

Actually, now that I think of it, you make a very good point.

You're 100% right. That website IS officially owned by that NFL franchise.

Kraft should complain to Goodell about that and it should be penalized. This should hurt that franchise the next time they come running to the league for financial help because they can't sell enough tickets in their small market.

spicer? who the **** is this douchebag?

His claim to fame is spearing Brady and not getting caught?

this guy is a nobody and a douchebag of biblical proportions.

I hope someone puts laxatives in his creatine drinks and smashes his mailbox.

That is exactly what I'm thinking, I forgot about the comments from the Jags, this is another gift !

Thanks Jags...

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view.bg?articleid=1065014

"“This ain’t news,” he told the Associated Press at the time. “I’ve heard it in the past. They finally got caught. The Patriots got caught. They’re busted.'"

"They should’ve speared him then"...(how do you take THIS out of context).

"“Our coach-to-quarterback system mysteriously malfunctioned the entire first half"..basically calling us out...

"They’re the ones that have to pay the consequences for it,” he said in September. “If that’s the way they feel like they have to get the upper hand, then so be it. Everybody’s been running around calling them geniuses for years. What are they going to say now?”

...it's gonna rain down on you punks come Saturday night.

Thanks Jags...

He said it again! He said it again! He's on First Take and he said he stands by the comments. He said if the Pats need that motivation, then so be it. The host was laughing at him, sort of, and explaining how the Pats use this as motivation.

He said it again! He said it again! He's on First Take and he said he stands by the comments. He said if the Pats need that motivation, then so be it. The host was laughing at him, sort of, and explaining how the Pats use this as motivation.

Apparently he's as smart as his fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey