PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Speculation: Patriots set to make big trades

Status
Not open for further replies.
A 6th or 7th round pick is equivalent to a priority UDFA. A 2nd round pick next year is equivalent to a 3rd round pick this year in a draft that will have mediocre talents by the time you get to round 3.

If that's the offer and I'm BB, I say thanks but no thanks. Give me a 1st next year or 2nd plus conditional 2nd type deal and I'll think about it. A quality backup QB is important to have in the fold unless you get a GOOD offer that actually makes you stop and think if you want to do it.

Glad to see medical marijuana working well. You'll be real hungry soon.

A 6th or 7th round pick is equivalent to a priority UDFA. A 2nd round pick next year is equivalent to a 3rd round pick this year in a draft that will have mediocre talents by the time you get to round 3.

If that's the offer and I'm BB, I say thanks but no thanks. Give me a 1st next year or 2nd plus conditional 2nd type deal and I'll think about it. A quality backup QB is important to have in the fold unless you get a GOOD offer that actually makes you stop and think if you want to do it.

Exactly. We are not giving up mallett for anything but what u said

Here's the one I would try, not sure if it is enough though. Mallett, Bolden, and the Patriots 1st for Fitzgerald.

Here's the one I would try, not sure if it is enough though. Mallett, Bolden, and the Patriots 1st for Fitzgerald.

Sorry but I don't think he is worth that.

mj-laughing1.gif

Until this thread I was for de-criminalization. Now I'm reconsidering.

The number of picks is not much of an issue. We might trade down twice.

Note that the value of our first pick is about equal to the 2nd - 7th round picks of the team that picks 21st.

Note that the value of our 2nd pick is about equal to the 3rd - 7th picks of the team that picks 20th.

If Belichick wants picks, we'll have them.

We have 5 total picks (2 seventh rds, one which came back with Talib).

There's probably a decent possibility of Belichick trading down in one of the rounds to accumulate an additional pick, which would give us 6.

Of course not, Fitzy isn't worth Mallett straight up.

I can't tell if this is a troll or not but whatever I'll take the bait. Larry Fitzgerald is the best receiver of his generation.

I believe that Fitzgerald was just given a roster bonus which would make his dead cap hit almost unfathomable from ARZ's side. If I'm not mistaken this just occurred about a week or so ago.

All talk about Fltzgerald is just the usual chatter that we have every year. The reality is that it's virtually impossible for them to get rid of him due to the dead cap hit from the recent roster bonus of 10 million dollars.

Kind of like the Suh situation, where he'd cost DET about 30 million in dead cap money after they paid his recent bonus.

We can cross both of these fantastical wishes off our rumored "big trade" list, although that won't stop about 100 people from bringing it up again in a couple of days.

I can't tell if this is a troll or not but whatever I'll take the bait. Larry Fitzgerald is the best receiver of his generation.

The poster you're referring to was just being sarcastic due to all of the hype around here of Mallett's perceived worth--much like Brian Hoyer and his warranting of "2nd round" trade compensation in the past couple of yrs, Mallett has taken over the role.

The number of picks is not much of an issue. We might trade down twice.

Note that the value of our first pick is about equal to the 2nd - 7th round picks of the team that picks 21st.

Note that the value of our 2nd pick is about equal to the 3rd - 7th picks of the team that picks 20th.

If Belichick wants picks, we'll have them.

Normally I'd agree. But I do agree with another poster who observed that this is a deep draft and that other teams might also be trying to trade down, reducing opportunities. It does take another team to agree to deal on a trade down.

I agree that the speculation of a big deal for Fitzgerald etc.. is essentally a pipedream, but can't shake the feeling that with all that leftover cap room Belichick has his mind set on something big. They have done a good job of basically maintaining the status quo this offseason, which was no small challenge given their free agents, but after the big giveback from Brady to free up room I don't see them just sitting on 8-10 million, nor do i see them just using it on jag depth. Belichick has always been ahead of the curve when it comes to sensing whether a real impact player could come free, as we saw with Moss and Dillon, and while i don't have any idea who that may be Fitzgerald is always the one who comes to mind. Cap hit may keep the Cardinals from dealing him but there is little doubt they need a good deal of help and he's the one chip they have to get it.

I agree that the speculation of a big deal for Fitzgerald etc.. is essentally a pipedream, but can't shake the feeling that with all that leftover cap room Belichick has his mind set on something big. They have done a good job of basically maintaining the status quo this offseason, which was no small challenge given their free agents, but after the big giveback from Brady to free up room I don't see them just sitting on 8-10 million, nor do i see them just using it on jag depth. Belichick has always been ahead of the curve when it comes to sensing whether a real impact player could come free, as we saw with Moss and Dillon, and while i don't have any idea who that may be Fitzgerald is always the one who comes to mind. Cap hit may keep the Cardinals from dealing him but there is little doubt they need a good deal of help and he's the one chip they have to get it.

Well, put the pipe down. HAHAHAHA Mallet, Bolden, and 1st round pick for FITZ?

What's in your pipe?

He is a very good WR not sure he is the best of his generation I'd say that's Calvin Johnson Jr.

"Clear right now Pats willing to trade"

zzzzzzzzz

delete

Re: "Clear right now Pats willing to trade"

Who could possibly argue against all that well sourced documented evidence?

Re: "Clear right now Pats willing to trade"

Suh for four first rounders!

Well, put the pipe down. HAHAHAHA Mallet, Bolden, and 1st round pick for FITZ?

What's in your pipe?

What part of "pipedream" don't you understand? If I were Belichick i would throw some offers out and see what happens, no-one ever thought they would get Dillon for a 2nd or Moss for a 4th. I doubt like hell they can swing it but there is no harm in trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST