PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Source - Amendola had surgery on ankle and knee

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's times like these I'm happy not to be a homeowner.
If you bet the house on Dobson you'll not be a homeowner for very long.

I'd active him, can always put him back on PUP later.

;)
Disagree, because I'd rather have him on PUP in September than in January and February.

This is not really that surprising considering they are 3 of the most injury prone players in the league.

It's like people really forget that Edelman and Amendola used to be universally panned for being made of glass prior to 2014.

"Prior to 2014," you say? ;)

This is not really that surprising considering they are 3 of the most injury prone players in the league.

It's like people really forget that Edelman and Amendola used to be universally panned for being made of glass prior to 2014.

I wish we would put this Gronk is injury prone crap to bed. Gronk is not injury prone. Anyone who gets hit like Gronk got hit will go down with the same injury. The only freak injury was the forearm injury. That's one injury in the NFL. That's not being injury prone.

Good news. Bad news.

Good news: Brady won't be playing anyway for most of the games they would be likely to miss.

Bad news: Brady won't be playing for most of the games they would be likely to miss.

In other words. This more or less sucks.

I put our best man on it but I fear he's been turned.
Yeah. He was last seen in a Sports Bar in Manhattan last Sunday night "hallucinating," in the opinion of most of us, that he saw Jules in the bar with a boot and a motorized device to protect his foot...until it turned out that, er...well...um...he had seen Jules in the bar with a boot and a motorized device to protect his foot...I'm still eating the left overs from the Crow I had to eat on that one!!!

Yeah. He was last seen in a Sports Bar in Manhattan last Sunday night "hallucinating," in the opinion of most of us, that he saw Jules in the bar with a boot and a motorized device to protect his foot...until it turned out that, er...well...um...he had seen Jules in the bar with a boot and a motorized device to protect his foot...I'm still eating the left overs from the Crow I had to eat on that one!!!

So, basically, Shane Vereen was the only healthy player seen at the club and he's playing for another team with a 0.8 yard per carry average. What a group of worthless misfits. ;)

No shot? Did you see the game?

Our defense was not as good as Denver's was. And our offense would have consisted of Brady behind a disastrous OL without even a semblance of a run game with the 2nd (edelman) 3rd (amendola) 4th (lafell) and 5th (chandler) receiving options all dealing with some degree of injury going up against one of the leagues top defenses. It would have been bad.

Our defense was not as good as Denver's was. And our offense would have consisted of Brady behind a disastrous OL without even a semblance of a run game with the 2nd (edelman) 3rd (amendola) 4th (lafell) and 5th (chandler) receiving options all dealing with some degree of injury going up against one of the leagues top defenses. It would have been bad.

I respect your opinion, but I'm thinking that Belichick would've had the defense ready, and that we'd have held them to 20 points or so.

Who knows if that would've been enough with 2 more weeks to heal, but one would have to assume that most of the above mentioned players would have dressed and contributed on some level.

What would 2 weeks have mattered when they're having surgery 3 months later?

What would 2 weeks have mattered when they're having surgery 3 months later?

These were nagging injuries that they used the offseason to correct. It hardly means they would've missed the SB.

For example, Curran reported that Edelman just wasn't satisfied with how the outside of his left foot had healed when he moved it in one specific direction, but it's a fair assumption to believe that he'd still have played in the SB.

Brady almost took the team in '13 to the SB with no Gronkowski, while using the services of Dobson, Boyce, and Thompkins to help get there. I think we'd have had Gronk and at least one of Edelman/Amendola, so yes--I think they would've had a shot to win vs. Carolina. Just my opinion.

02_Joining.jpg

Amendola is one tough bastard if it says he has a chance at being ready for TC then I would not bet against him missing week 1. The guy played a season without his groin once.

I'm sure he'd be willing to play on one leg if given the choice, but if it comes to that the Pats would be wise to sit him no matter how he feels about his willingness/ability to play. Better to sit him until he's healthy and hope he can make it through the season (relatively) unscathed than play him week 1 with an injured knee and ankle. The latter seems like a good recipe to ensure he's ineffective by the time we need him most.

I don't hate Amendola but to say he has have lived up to his contract here is a stretch. Nate Washington is kind of an after thought around here buy if anybody says Amnedola has been a better WR than Nate they need brain surgery. Nate have been model of consistency with crap QB's *minus Big Ben* would hate to see how he'll fair with Tom Brady.;) I am fool for Legit X-WR's.:cool:
Not after what he did in the 2014 playoffs. That run earned every penny of the original and reworked contracts, IMO. Prior to that, I would have given it to ya.

Well people can stop agonizing over whether we would have beaten Carolina in the Super Bowl. With Edelman and Amendola being that gimpy we would have had no shot.

The nice thing about hypothetical statements about events that never occurred is that anybody can be right.

The only things we know as facts are that the Pats were in the game against Denver (in Denver) until the last play, despite Brady ending up on his butt 23 times, and that Denver was a better all around team than Carolina.

Yes, Denver's Defense played an epic game in the SB, but, to my mind, the loss was more about Cam Newton's not being ready to play on that big a Stage and keep his composure under adversity, as he amply demonstrated on the field, on the sidelines and in the press room.

I have zero doubt that Belichick would have gotten into Newton's head the two weeks before the game and that he would have planned a D that would have rattled and exposed him.

I also have little doubt that, with a fifth Lombardi on the line, Brady and the Offense would have somehow risen to the occasion after narrowly losing to a Denver team that was better than Carolina on its own home turf two weeks earlier.

But, as I said in my first sentence, this is all a hypothetical discussion about an event that never occurred, so neither one of us can really prove our position and, therefore, your view has as much a claim on truth as does mine, i.e., not much.

We could use a medical thread that tabulates injuries by date, severity, surgery dates, history, prognosis, all with links. Someone has to volunteer to be the medical Miguel. I believe that injuries are one of the most important predictors of success. It is a game of attrition: If we are healthy, we win. But we are never fully healthy.

I nominate you Mack- Miguel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back