PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Source - Amendola had surgery on ankle and knee

Status
Not open for further replies.
No shot? Did you see the game?
Man, we had no shot ever since the game was being played in Denver.:p They just don't win big games there for some reason. Gost misses an extra point after not missing all season is just the kind of thing that happens to us in Denver. Of course I'm being a bit of a clown, but there really is something to playing in Denver, not the least being how the weather is always GREAT on the day the Pats come to town. That game would have turned out entirely different in Foxboro. Go back and look at the weather report from that day. LOL

Had surgery on ankle and knee and still took a pay cut. If that's not being a Patriot, I don't know what is.
Or maybe that's why he took it. He wasn't going to get much anywhere else. Unless . . . I'm totally off and this was meant to be funny? If it is, I've already put myself in timeout for five seconds for unsportsmanlike conduct.

I'm sure he'd be willing to play on one leg if given the choice, but if it comes to that the Pats would be wise to sit him no matter how he feels about his willingness/ability to play. Better to sit him until he's healthy and hope he can make it through the season (relatively) unscathed than play him week 1 with an injured knee and ankle. The latter seems like a good recipe to ensure he's ineffective by the time we need him most.
He'll tough through his rehab and have his body ready to go. If it's not ready then it's not ready but I am not counting him out now.

He really had no choice but to take a pay cut then.

Of course he had a choice he just decided he was better off staying than looking for a new deal and new team.

Might be wise to keep Amendola on PUP to start the season considering how many receivers the team has.

I get where you are coming from but if Brady is out I want Garrapolo to have the strongest possible skill players they can muster out there with him.

I get where you are coming from but if Brady is out I want Garrapolo to have the strongest possible skill players they can muster out there with him.
That is certainly a consideration.

He'll tough through his rehab and have his body ready to go. If it's not ready then it's not ready but I am not counting him out now.

Agree. I think there's a large contingent of Patriot fans who have viewed Amendola as "soft" when in fact he's the exact opposite. Amendola is a really tough player who routinely plays through injury and never uses them as an excuse. Overall I think slot receivers are more likely to get injured than the guys who make a living downfield and outside the hashes. They suffer for and ankle injuries because they rely on ankle breaking change of direction moves to get open and avoid tackles, and they get destroyed going across the middle and having linebackers and safeties tee them up for big blind side hits. The Patriots have been fortunate to have guys like Brown, Welker, Edelman, and Amendola fill the position because they are as tough as it gets and stay productive despite the beatings they take.

Amendola after that groin injury doesn't have that Edelman like cat quickness he had in St Louis: which really hurts his ability to get open quickly. Also Amendola have suffered some sort of injury every year he's been here...a Iron man is something he's not. Like I have stated I don't hate Amendola but I hope someone outplays him off our roster.

Amendola after that groin injury doesn't have that Edelman like cat quickness he had in St Louis: which really hurts his ability to get open quickly. Also Amendola have suffered some sort of injury every year he's been here...a Iron man is something he's not. Like I have stated I don't hate Amendola but I hope someone outplays him off our roster.

Like I said earlier in the thread: that's one reason why Hogan was brought in. He provides a redundancy that the Pats didn't have on the roster before. For both Edelman and Amendola. He can also line up at the X as well.

Of course he had a choice he just decided he was better off staying than looking for a new deal and new team.

His "choices" were:

Take a pay cut and stay with the Patriots.

or

Get cut and risk getting even less than what the pay cut would be on the open market, considering he just received two surgeries and his timetable is unknown.

Thats not my much of a choice my friend, but cool, disagree.

His "choices" were:

Take a pay cut and stay with the Patriots.

or

Get cut and risk getting even less than what the pay cut would be on the open market, considering he just received two surgeries and his timetable is unknown.

Thats not my much of a choice my friend, but cool, disagree.

And I think he could get more on the open Market than he's getting here.

No report on what kind of surgery? The knee I have to think it was an arthroscopy , if it's the case it's not a big deal.

Or maybe that's why he took it. He wasn't going to get much anywhere else. Unless . . . I'm totally off and this was meant to be funny? If it is, I've already put myself in timeout for five seconds for unsportsmanlike conduct.

Not meant to be funny. I do understand your perspective and that of others, but it's not just that he took a pay cut this year, but took one for the second year in a row.

And I think he could get more on the open Market than he's getting here.

Come on now....

With two surgeries on his legs just recently performed and an unknown timetable for return, which team, this late in the offseason, would be stupid enough, and also have enough cap space, to pay him well over the $3 mill he just restructured to?

....no one.

If Arian Foster can't even sign, a unknown status gimpy Amendola isn't getting big money in late May.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back