PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Solder-Thuney-Andrews-Kline-Cannon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solder had a very bad game against Carolina while Cannon didn't look all that bad. I know it's a crazy idea, but it looks like Cannon may have outplayed Solder.

Encouraging that Thuney bumped Kline to the right side, at least.
And for UDFA Andrews to bump Stork right into retirement is a pretty compelling storyline, too.

It does feel like Solder and Cannon backed into their spots, for lack of any legitimate competition. Whatever you may think of their game play, I think we can all agree that Fleming has been a disaster especially when pass blocking,. And with Vollmer out and likely eyeing retirement, the cupboard is bare.

Encouraging that Thuney bumped Kline to the right side, at least.
And for UDFA Andrews to bump Stork right into retirement is a pretty compelling storyline, too.

It does feel like Solder and Cannon backed into their spots, for lack of any legitimate competition. Whatever you may think of their game play, I think we can all agree that Fleming has been a disaster especially when pass blocking,. And with Vollmer out and likely eyeing retirement, the cupboard is bare.
Solder has been the starter at LT since 2012. He is also paid in the top 10 at his position. That means - despite what fans think BB believes he is a foundational player and there is no need to bring in hard competition at the position.

For Cannon you are right. If Vollmer is healthy he is starting.

I'm pretty optimistic about the left side of that line, right side not so much. RT is what it is, but at RG I certainly hope we can improve on Kline as the season goes on. Hopefully as Mason, Jackson and Cooper get healthy someone will be able to win that job.

The left side of the OL always seems to be the least of the worries unless injuries take their toll.

Cannon had so much promise when drafted even though he was battling an illness. IIRC, Cannon was considered one of the steals of that draft out of TCU.

Solder-Thuney-Andrews-Kline-Cannon

OK, kudos to anyone who had this line a few weeks ago (with Karras and Mason). AND, they looked pretty good, with Solder probably having the worst game.

Always enjoy your roster breakdowns.

Thuney is the only rook OL without playing experience that bears watching when the real bullets start flying.

Maybe even 4th w Trey Jackson avail

Trey Jackson is not needed this year with Cooper back at practice and Mason on the mend we are pretty stacked along the interior...no more room in the Inn. So I say Tray Jackson to IR eventually.

Trey Jackson is not needed this year with Cooper back at practice and Mason on the mend we are pretty stacked along the interior...no more room in the Inn. So I say Tray Jackson to IR eventually.

Yea I tend to agree. If everyone plays up to their potential he won't see time this year.

It does feel like Solder backed into their spots, for lack of any legitimate competition

Solder has been the starting LT going on 5 years, not sure how that is backing into his spot. You don't back into a spot when it's been yours the previous 4 years.

Solder has been the starting LT going on 5 years, not sure how that is backing into his spot. You don't back into a spot when it's been yours the previous 4 years.
Yeah, Solder gets consistently underrated around here--Light was too. Seems to be a LT tackle thing.

I'm actually pretty optimistic about the line. The right side is obviously the concern, but I think with Scar around he'll find the solution from the Cooper/Mason/Kline mix. Cannon will be fine, and if Vollmer happens to come back and be effective so much the better.

Nate Solder is known for those Matt Light look out Blocks: he can be beaten on the outside by very good DE's like every other LT. That said the good thing is Brady knows how to work around those deficiencies. We don't know if Jimmy G can do the same and that will be telling. Brady's smarts and quick release makes up for a lot Jimmy G's slow release is disaster waiting to happen...I see a lot of dink and dunk with Jimmy G early on we better hope for a decent running game. Without a Running game this Team have no chance with Jimmy G at the helm...he's unproven until proven otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News