PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So, who's not a Captain next week (or ever again).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would someone explain to me why its the posters who have been members here the longest usually have the least amount of football knowledge? Its uncanny.

Its like the the Super Pink Hat brigade.

The refs went to BB prior to the coin flip and BB made the call, however Slater did not get the memo..

I think the blame can be put on the ref too. The options are: 1) kick or receive, 2) choose which end to defend. The ref didn't give Slater either option, he asked them if they want to kick or receive.

I probably "won't be a captain next week (or ever again)"

But it'd be cool...

You, OP. You're not a captain.

Quint.
trfwtmaswwzst1ihfpsf (1).jpg

Last edited:
Who made the idiot call?
The "call" had to have been made by someone senior on the Coaching Staff: either Belichick or Josh.

Was it an "idiot call?"

I wouldn't go that far. Except for the last drive, the Patriots had been having trouble moving the ball (two FG's all day) and the Jets hadn't scored a touchdown since the nine minute mark of the third quarter.

So, there is a logic to the Patriots thinking that they had a better chance of holding the Jets to an FG or a punt and then having Brady get Gostkowski into FG position. It's a tough logic, since it could backfire and end up dissing and motivating the other team, which apparently it did.

Usually you defer and the other team elects to recieve and then you can pick which end zone to defend. The Pats didn't defer they said they wanted to kick so they didn't get a choice of which end zone to defend.

Last edited:
I remeber being a captain in HS and doing the exact same thing. I made the call to defer in the first half, then when the time came in the second half i said we wanted to kick instead of receive the kick. Doh!

I felt pretty crappy and i only had a few thousand people watching. 90% of them probably weren't even paying attention. Coach was uber pissed at me though.

when you win the toss and elect to kick you do not get the choice of which end zone you defend. you cannot defer in O.T. because deferring is deferring to the second half. the Patriots apparently thought they could kick and choose which end zone to defend (getting the wind).

There was no wind to get

There was no wind to get
according to nfl net there was an 11 -15 mph wind. did ghost kick it out of the end zone? what kind of return was there?regardless.I think BB screwed up anyway. Its all for nothing if the Pats cant get healthy for the playoffs. Rather be healthy and play on the road than missing players and be at home.

according to nfl net there was an 11 -15 mph wind. did ghost kick it out of the end zone? what kind of return was there?regardless.I think BB screwed up anyway. Its all for nothing if the Pats cant get healthy for the playoffs. Rather be healthy and play on the road than missing players and be at home.
I thought I saw a tweet by one of the writers that the wind was a non factor...maybe I misread it

I thought I saw a tweet by one of the writers that the wind was a non factor...maybe I misread it
Right now I couldnt tell you I didnt have an opportunity to see the game I have to rely on Highlights (or lowlights depending on how you look at it) either way you give brady a chance to win it, thats what he does.

Right now I couldnt tell you I didnt have an opportunity to see the game I have to rely on Highlights (or lowlights depending on how you look at it) either way you give brady a chance to win it, thats what he does.
Again, surprised by the KO. Not completely shocked as its just a strategy. The O sucked. More curious about the last 1:47 of the 1st half. Did not like that.

Actually the fact that you did not see the game probably hurts your ability to judge the OT objectively. Its easy to just say give the ball to TB every time.

You know... ive questiond some BB decisions in the past, didnt work out for me so ill defer (get it ) to the guy who gets paid millions to make these decisions. Just get healthy.

Fair enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back