PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Krafts Have a Decision To Make on GM

State

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Finding a GM.

Belichick can still coach. But his job duty as GM is now over. That much should be clear in these murky times.

Names? Captain Stone is emphatic it be someone like Eliot Wolf, son of Packer GM Ron, and not Matt Groh, son of Al.

Picking a GM, regardless of who the head coach will be next year, is priority number one for Jonathan Kraft.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep. this collapse may be a blessing in disguise. Say we won 8- 9 games and compete for the playoffs again , bb probably gets another season or 2 to manage personnel.

Next offseason is a key moment in the franchise’s direction with all the cap space and likely picking top 5 each round. We need a capable gm to hit on a reasonable amount of this capital.

Finding a GM.

Belichick can still coach. But his job duty as GM is now over. That much should be clear in these murky times.

Names? Captain Stone is emphatic it be someone like Eliot Wolf, son of Packer GM Ron, and not Matt Groh, son of Al.

Picking a GM, regardless of who the head coach will be next year, is priority number one for Jonathan Kraft.
Are there other candidates out there that people like?

The other question is Kraft going to let a GM pick a coach or does Kraft want to have the final say in that?

Belichick 23-24 years in is not going to stay on if his GM abilities are taken. It's either/or.

And Bill this year hasn't been justifying that he's currently such a great coach that it's even worth it to attempt.

Yep. this collapse may be a blessing in disguise. Say we won 8- 9 games and compete for the playoffs again , bb probably gets another season or 2 to manage personnel.

Next offseason is a key moment in the franchise’s direction with all the cap space and likely picking top 5 each round. We need a capable gm to hit on a reasonable amount of this capital.
I'm terrified that they still find a way to win 5+ games. All I want from this season is a top 3 pick.

I'm terrified that they still find a way to win 5+ games. All I want from this season is a top 3 pick.

I was too before the Washington and colts games, but my faith is now restored lol This team is just so good at blowing games I think we will be fine.

Matter of fact that is pretty much the perfect compromise right now. You still want to see that fight and ability out the defense to not completely lose the ‘culture’ and still get these losses.

I was too before the Washington and colts games, but my faith is now restored lol This team is just so good at blowing games I think we will be fine.

Matter of fact that is pretty much the perfect compromise right now. You still want to see that fight and ability out the defense to not completely lose the ‘culture’ and still get these losses.
I think we should find everyway possible to keep Mac as Stater it's the only we we can lose to the Giants. There is always a way with Mac. Losing to the Giants will guaranteed pick #1 or #2 this is where we want to be.

Finding a GM.

It's also time to move on from BB the coach.

I just wonder what the knock on effect will be if BB does leave. Will all of his coaches (incl his sons) leave with him ? Some will probably be pushed anyway.

So is this what they call a "total tear down" that the new GM will have to preside over ? In that case I assume it will need a GM that has been faced with this big task previously ?

The pats should consider whoever is highly ranked under howie roseman. The eagles have arguably the most modern roster construction in today's NFL. They invest heavily in the lines & pass catcher. They don't spend alot at RB, LB & S. Howie built two different superbowl rosters with carson wentz, nick foles & jalen hurts as his qbs. Joe douglas has drafted well outside of wilson & turned the jets into an above average roster. Someone in the eagles organization is a good place to start IMO.

Finding a GM.

I question the premise that Bill can still coach. Just look at the regression at special teams. Look at the number of penalties. Very uncharacteristic of a well coached team. And you can't blame that on Mac, who undoubtably has his own set of issues.

Belichick 23-24 years in is not going to stay on if his GM abilities are taken. It's either/or.
How do we know he won't, especially since it seems pretty darn likely that he'll have to give up control over the roster if he really does want to break Shula's record? [And I think that's true whether he stays here or ends up elsewhere.]

I just wonder what the knock on effect will be if BB does leave. Will all of his coaches (incl his sons) leave with him ? Some will probably be pushed anyway.
Hint: remember what happened when McDaniels went to the Raiders. A new HC usually gets to pick his staff, so I'd expect at least 50% turnover.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back