PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Krafts Have a Decision To Make on GM

I didn't start criticizing Bill until he dumped Brady but I've never really cared much about coaching. I think it's an over-rated job with many of it's techniques from a half to a full century old. Even when something new comes up it can be figured out quickly. And almost anyone can do it if given the chance. That's not true of players, you know, the people we pay to watch play.

So in your mind Bill's a victim now and haters were claiming that it was all Tom throughout the winning years? That's a load of bs. Bill started taking criticism as a GM at some point but he's still appreciated by just about everyone.

But the time has come for Belichick's fans just like it did for Tom's fans. Time to let go.

No **** 1960, that’s exactly what I’m arguing, that it’s time for Kraft to take the reins away from Belichick, and if he doesn’t like it he can leave. That you don’t understand that means you either can’t read, or didn’t read what I said.

never said Belichick was a victim, I said his haters always hated him, so nothing he did was going to placate them anyways. But those morons had no impact on him, so there’s no way they could “ victimize “ him. As far as coaching goes I couldn’t disagree more. There is no way they win the Rams Super Bowl, or the Seattle Super Bowl without brilliant game plans in both. Coaching doesn’t matter in Basketball, all you need is Bill Russell and you win every time, but it matters greatly in the NFL.

And for the 10,000 time 1960, Brady told his father years before leaving that he wanted to go somewhere else, as Manning did, to try and win a Super Bowl with another team. He did not want to be here anymore, period. Some of that was Belichick being a bastard to play for, and some of that was Brady’s desire to leave New England. It was never about money, Brady has ****loads of that, it was about being sick and tired of playing for Belichick, and wanting to leave New England and try to win somewhere else. Brady has made that clear many times, but people like you just refuse to accept that.

************. Brady had at most 3 years left. The Patriots weren't going to win anything with him there. There was no horse to pick, it was time to move on.

He can’t. He is clinically unable to get over it.

Outside of Tom as QB, Bill hasn't justified that he's a good coach...... let alone a great coach.

Yep, other than building all the teams and coaching staff’s around Brady that won all those Lombardi’s Belichick didn’t do anything. It was all Brady. Brady didn’t even need anyone else on the field, he could have played offense and defense all by himself and still won all of those rings. ****, what am I saying, those players and coaches were a hindrance to him, he would have won 25 Lombardi’s by himself, but McGinest, Seymour, Faulk, Harrison, Troy Brown, Edelman and the rest just got in his way……

Why does it bother you that Pats fans still appreciate the legacy that Tom left us with?
I appreciate everything Tom did, as well as everyone else who contributed to them winning. But let’s not pretend Tom was some science experiment drawn up in a lab. He was coached. He developed from a 6th round pick into the greatest ever. He did it, but he had great coaching to help him.

I appreciate everything Tom did, as well as everyone else who contributed to them winning. But let’s not pretend Tom was some science experiment drawn up in a lab. He was coached. He developed from a 6th round pick into the greatest ever. He did it, but he had great coaching to help him.

When Belichick kept Brady as the 4th QB he took over the coaching of the QB’s. What Brady realized immediately, and Bledsoe never figured out, was that Belichick wanted a QB who would make every single decision on the field exactly the way Belichick would make it. When Belichick held his weekly QB meetings he would grill them on what decisions they would make in any circumstance, and Brady would always know the right answer, while Bledsoe always believed his arm could overcome any coverage he threw into. Ultimately it was his decision making that led Belichick to choose Brady over Bledsoe, and that was the best decision of his career.

The best example of this came on Jaworski’s old Monday Morning QB show. He was using the Pittsburgh playoff game as his example of this difference. This was the game where Bledsoe came in when Brady went down with an injury. First they showed a 3rd and 8 situation where Brady looks downfield to Troy Brown, sees is is double covered then checks down underneath to Faulk for a short throw with Faulk picking up the 1st down. The next clip is of Bledsoe later in the same situation, 3rd and about 8, Bledsoe looks downfield, sees Brown is double covered, but throws it into the coverage anyways and it goes incomplete. Brady moved the chains, Bledsoe risked the turnover and went off on 4th down. To me this summed up the difference between the two QB’s. Brady would make the decision he was coached to make, Bledsoe would trust that his arm could overcome anything, and Huck it into coverage, and that’s why Belichick staked his career on trading the 1st overall pick/ $100 million QB, and keeping the 199th pick in the draft over him. Brady, more than anyone, knows how important Belichick’s coaching was to his success, and he considers Belichick to be the GOAT coach, it’s Brady’s Sycophants who refuse to give Belichick his due, but all that shows is just how ignorant they really are.

TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Back