PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So what's the writing on the wall for BJGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I
BJGE is one of my fave's, north south runner who rarely hesitates or looses yards.. he also have never fumbled in the NFL, College and from what I understand High School also. There is a lot of upside to him, he is not sexy, just dependable and a pretty good RB.

Definately agree....he maybe limited in his ability but he is a good player.

Good points but I don't think BB burns two picks on 3rd round to be subs for BJGE long-term. A year at most.

If BJGE has another 1000 yd season, he'll be asking for more than $2m a year and he won't get it here with two kids with the bodies to handle 200+ carries right behind him. Depending on what they show for playmaking and how they pick up the passing game, one of them might start to get some of BJGE 14 carries a game sometime during the season.

If BJGE gets an offer it'll be a multi-year offer.

Said how? Where are the links?

NFL Network, coaches and players that go on.

Jets players have also said that in the playoff game they knew what the patriots offensive plan was.

we seen it in the playoffs this team could not run the ball when they need it to so if the rookies are a up grade to the running game then great if not at lest we dont have to see 40 year old Fred Taylor and Sammy Morris any more.

We carried 4 RB's last year and now we have 4 again, so far all of them are healthy and that is a nice change.

They're healthy, young, and talented. Maybe none of them will end up being the next Barry Sanders or Earl Campbell, but they're all pretty good. I can live with that.

NFL Network, coaches and players that go on.

Jets players have also said that in the playoff game they knew what the patriots offensive plan was.

I'd like to read about those.. where are the links?

and it won't be here unless it's short money.

He got a 2nd round tender, his multi-year offer will reflect that.

no reason to assume he won't be here again. An RB that put in a 1,000 yard season, 13 TDs, doesn't fumble the ball, keeps his mouth shut, stays out of trouble off-field... now that's a rarity.

The writing on the wall is if BJGE doesnt sign his tender, the Pats have options already in place.

If he signs the tender and some other team wants to give him a nice contract, bon voyage. I like BJGE, but it wouldnt be the end of the world should he leave.

The writing on the wall is if BJGE doesnt sign his tender, the Pats have options already in place.

If he signs the tender and some other team wants to give him a nice contract, bon voyage. I like BJGE, but it wouldnt be the end of the world should he leave.

His tender was a bit of a honey trap. They could have given him the first round tender without spending too much more money, and then nobody would try to sign him. But for a second round pick, he's pretty tempting.

The writing on the wall says that he'll be a part of one of the best, deepest and most polymathic RBBC corps in the NFL. The writing states that BB is tired of other teams not respecting our run game; now they'll have no choice.

That is, assuming Vereen and Ridley live up to expectations, which I expect that they will.

Last edited:
His tender was a bit of a honey trap. They could have given him the first round tender without spending too much more money, and then nobody would try to sign him. But for a second round pick, he's pretty tempting.

Yep. But a 1st round tender would have been around $3.5m and not sure BJGE is worth that much TBH.

The pats needed depth at the position badly. They always carry 5 RBs and they only had two on the roster, drafting two RBs in rounds 2 and 3 made sense.

Besides, the pats always lose 1 RB due to injury every year so depth is needed. My guess is Vereen is this years casualty.

Wait what? You are putting Vareen on IR before he can even put a pad on? Why?

Drafting two running back high had more to do with losing Taylor, Morris, and Faulk then it did with BGJEs ability. His position doesn't change, just his teammates.

Last year -> This year
Taylor/BJGE -> BGJE
Morris -> Ridley
Faulk -> Vereen
Woodhead -> Woodhead

He's been called Ray Rice by some scouts while others see him as a more polished version of Marshawn Lynch without the off field issues.

Ray Rice had 1300 yrds rushing and 700 yrds receiving his sophomore season, so thats saying quite a lot.

Wait what? You are putting Vareen on IR before he can even put a pad on? Why?

2010: Fred Taylor and Kevin Faulk
2009: Fred Taylor
2008: Maroney and others (so many rb injuries leading to rookie BJGE getting a few starts)

I was just saying how its good to have depth since it seems the pats lose a RB every season. Knowing the pats luck with injuries I envision Vereen or Woody getting injured, I can't see this team without a RB injury.

Theres no links for TV. And watching interviews.

Try youtube. I dont have access to youtube at work.

I'm not the one who's going to go around looking. If you can't back up your claims, then they are not facts.

Drafting two running back high had more to do with losing Taylor, Morris, and Faulk then it did with BGJEs ability. His position doesn't change, just his teammates.

Last year -> This year
Taylor/BJGE -> BGJE
Morris -> Ridley
Faulk -> Vereen
Woodhead -> Woodhead

Bang on. It will be situational and there will be different game plans every week. BJGE will be the day one starter, but that doesn't mean much in this RBBC. If they all contribute in their own way, I am happy. I don't think BJGE is going anywhere. BB gave him his chance for a reason. AND HE STILL HASN'T FUMBLED.

Of course these picks change things. How dont they? You go from using two running backs (3 when Faulk was healthy) to possibly using four?

I mean they don't change the predictablity of the offense, each of these RB's has a specific style....except for Vereen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST