PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So what's the new narrative going to be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that the Steelers choked away controlling their own destiny and could be out of the playoffs?

Don't want to face the jests?

We might not. The Jets still have to take care of business against the Bills away from home and then win in the Wild Card round.

Now that the Steelers choked away controlling their own destiny and could be out of the playoffs?

Well i think the jests are a worthy challenge. The steelers suck!! I am still hoping they somehow sneak into the playoffs. I know about the squealers offense and big ben but their defense sucks

I still think Steelers are a potentially dangerous team, Chiefs are interesting. Hottest team in the league right now. Ultimately, Patriots are easily the best in the AFC and would be a big disappointment not to make it to the SB. Cincy, in theory would be a big threat. But....you know..
marvin-lewis.vadapt.620.high.77.jpg

Sht, i'm not worried about beating the jests at gillett with edelman, chung, mccourty etc back.

The Jets always play us tough, even at our best. The stakes are even heightened in the playoffs. It definitely won't be an easy game. I like our chances but definitely not easy.

I'd feel better if it was the Steelers instead, that's for sure. Wouldn't make for great drama though.

That guy with the headphones should have given Cam Newton the Lucky Tank!

Sht, i'm not worried about beating the jests at gillett with edelman, chung, mccourty etc back.

It shows u the ****ty depth we have. I was dissapointed in our corners today. Ryan had a bad game

*IF* this team wins a championship, they need to take on all comers.

Yup if you wanna be the man you got to beat the man. Anyone remember the last time a team won a championship in the NFL not because they were the best team, but because all the good teams were beaten for them? I sure don't.

The team that actually worries me the most is KC. They have won 9 in a row and I remember the last time we played them....yikes !

It shows u the ****ty depth we have. I was dissapointed in our corners today. Ryan had a bad game
depth, its been the next man up for the last two months. you can only have so many players on a team, and we're starting to recyle through them.

The Jets are a good team I will give them credit. Definitely our toughest opponent yet this year. But if the next one is in Gillette with Edelman,DMC,Chung, Amendola, I'm welcome to that.

I was in the minority last week.....I feared the JESTs more than Pitt. Can't run on the JESTs and Revis eliminates a WR from Brady's conscience. At least with Pitt, teams can score.
And now......as currently configured....the JESTs lines , O & D, are much more physical. Then there is the oversized WR conundrum that the JESTs field vs. our diminutive set of DBs. Thank god wide open WRs like to drop balls on deep routes vs. NE DBs.
In the end....its all about NE's health.....and if Volmer is done...I fear NE will not make a deep run in the playoffs. The O line, as it is presently patched together, is wretched.
I hope I am the reverse indicator

I'm much less worried about other teams than our own. IMO, this loss was more encouraging than last week's sloppy win against a terrible team. We've either lost hard fought road games against playoff teams in overtime with literally no receivers, or just plain beat ourselves in the case of PHI.

I suppose the question should be if this team can ever even be considered healthy again.

I was in the minority last week.....I feared the JESTs more than Pitt. Can't run on the JESTs and Revis eliminates a WR from Brady's conscience. At least with Pitt, teams can score.
And now......as currently configured....the JESTs lines , O & D, are much more physical. Then there is the oversized WR conundrum that the JESTs field vs. our diminutive set of DBs. Thank god wide open WRs like to drop balls on deep routes vs. NE DBs.
In the end....its all about NE's health.....and if Volmer is done...I fear NE will not make a deep run in the playoffs. The O line, as it is presently constructed, is wretched.
I hope I am the reverse indicator

Jests have been doormats but they make tommy work hard on offense even when he has healthy players. They never run the ball well against them. Give me the squealers.

Jets win in Foxboro after a tough road game? I'll take our chances. Rather get them out of the way in the divisional round.

Pats r still the best Team in the afc - for sure - just wait some off Players coming back -

IMO the Jets can be thrown on. Revis is good but not as elite as he once was, Cromartie and Skrine don't scare me. Their safeties aren't great. A crew of Gronk, Edelman, Amendola, Martin/LaFell, plus White can definitely beat them. The key is if the offensive line can give Tom the time to find them. Today they couldn't, but we didn't have anyone who could get open for a first down quickly like Jules and Danny are so good at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case