PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So, what's our game plan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
my concern would be if the jets could implement the packers defensive game plan successfully. Our offense that nite was not in sync all nite.hernandez injury is also a concern.

The problem with the Colts game planning was just leaving Wayne out wide with Revis....When we played them last we had Revis all over the field, we moved welker into the back field on one play which left revis lining up with the LB's waiting on welker. Keep moving Revis around and we can exploit their DB's again.

no turnovers..100% win
1 turnover..75%
2turnovers..50-50

my concern would be if the jets could implement the packers defensive game plan successfully. Our offense that nite was not in sync all nite.hernandez injury is also a concern.

The Jets can't generate the inside pressure that the Packers can.

Unless Jets get alot and i mean alot of Pressure on Brady then we will march down field like we have been all season. We will give them headaches with match ups on offense. Revis can cover 1 receiver.....But what about Gronk, hernandez, branch, woodhead?

Although i can see Revis moving to Gronk on some 3rd downs.

On Defense:

1) Safeties up -- we should practically dare the Jets to throw the ball.
2) Adjust as necessary if Sanchez can move the chains

On Offense:

1) The single most important thing.....Protect Brady!
2) Run/pass combo from two tight end formations taking what the defense will give (if they are soft down the middle on TE completions, keep ramming that down their throats).
2) 5 spread as needed.

Unless Jets get alot and i mean alot of Pressure on Brady then we will march down field like we have been all season. We will give them headaches with match ups on offense. Revis can cover 1 receiver.....But what about Gronk, hernandez, branch, woodhead?

Although i can see Revis moving to Gronk on some 3rd downs.

Which should open up Welker or Branch

What's the deal with Hernandez anyway? I'm afraid he's not playing.

Game Plan

Run the ball, stop the run!

Seriously, the New England Patriots have scored at least 31 points in the last 8 games. The NY Jets will be lucky to score 17 as was the case against the Colts.

In the meantime, the Colts rushing defense ranked in the bottom quartile.

NFL Stats: by Team Category

NFL Stats: by Team Category

Simple: A heavy dose of Danny "Gumby" Woodhead and BJGE..... When they get tired of us running on em TB burns em.............

I agree with this ... however ... if the Jets can get a run game going and shut down Welker and ONE of the tight ends ... we have a chance.

While Belichick will spend the week instilling humility and hunger among the Patriots, Rex Ryan has no choice but to try to build up the confidence of his team, reminding them that they already beat the Patriots this season.

Unfortunately what many of the Jets know is that the team they beat doesn't resemble the team they, nor their coaches, had absolutely any answer to in December - a team with about a dozen different receiving options more difficult to contain than a Moss centered offense.

That's the team they will be facing - a very well rested and better prepared and better motivated team than the one that beat them 45-3.

Not saying the Jets can't win - just that's what they're up against - and again they also know they need to play better than they did against the Colts

Currently putting my work in getting a feel for how the Jets really set up those sluggos and body positioning routes. The full breakdown will be on this week's Patscast.

this sort of illustrates my biggest concern .. the Pats ...as a team ... are MUCH quicker than the Jets. The Jets need to be able to rough teams up .. and last time the two teams played each other ... the Pats were too quick for the Jets LB corps.
Not impressed with the NY Jets defense this year. The NY Jets can't generate a pass rush unlike last year, leaving the defensive secondary exposed. In the meantime, the Chicago Bears, with the worst offensive line in the NFL, rung up 38 points on the NY Jets defense.

All Pats show up healthy on time.
Pats 38
Jets 10 ( Late garbage TD)

A good blueprint of how to beat the Jets was laid down yesterday by the Ravens in their game plan against the Chiefs. Hitting backs coming out of the backfield and passing to the tight ends over the middle. Hopefully Hernandez has benefited from the extra week off and will be able to play because he will be a huge asset against the Jets.
The Jets safely play over the middle is poor and their linebackers do not appear to be very good in coverage. If Brady stays upright and has time this is where to torch the Jets. Over the middle.

A good blueprint of how to beat the Jets was laid down yesterday by the Ravens in their game plan against the Chiefs. Hitting backs coming out of the backfield and passing to the tight ends over the middle. Hopefully Hernandez has benefited from the extra week off and will be able to play because he will be a huge asset against the Jets.
The Jets safely play over the middle is poor and their linebackers do not appear to be very good in coverage. If Brady stays upright and has time this is where to torch the Jets. Over the middle.
Cromartie is overrated and can be burned deep. Revis is the only great defensive secondary player on the Jets.

The Chicago Bears rung up 38 points on the NY Jets defense.

The New England Patriots offensive line is much better at run blocking than the Indianapolis Colts offensive line.

Just win. That is all.

Interesting that the Jets changed things up against the Colts--have to wonder if they'll try to flood the field w/DBs again, in which case the Pats would probably look to run more.

While Belichick will spend the week instilling humility and hunger among the Patriots, Rex Ryan has no choice but to try to build up the confidence of his team, reminding them that they already beat the Patriots this season.

Unfortunately what many of the Jets know is that the team they beat doesn't resemble the team they, nor their coaches, had absolutely any answer to in December - a team with about a dozen different receiving options more difficult to contain than a Moss centered offense.

That's the team they will be facing - a very well rested and better prepared and better motivated team than the one that beat them 45-3.

Not saying the Jets can't win - just that's what they're up against - and again they also know they need to play better than they did against the Colts

Good point. Going into the 2010 season, all the moves the Jets made (adding firepower on offense; getting OctoDad on defense, etc.) were to chase and overtake the Patriots. And it seemingly worked back in September. OctoDad is only good at covering vertical routes, which pretty much takes Moss out of the the game, as it did in the second half of September. The Jets offense was humming at that early point in the season with Elle T giving a boost to the running game, etc.

However, the trade of Moss was the catalyst that underscored the the moves the Patriots made to chase the Jets. Employ quick, shifty wide receivers that the Jets DBs (other than Revis) have trouble with. Use 2 and 3 TE packages to flood the middle of the field and create mismatches against LBs and safeties who have trouble covering such dangerous targets.

There are more I could list, but the point I am trying to make is that it is seemingly like a game of chess. The Jets thought going into the season that their personnel improvements put them in position to "check" the Patriots once and for all. However, the Patriots midseason shift from a Moss-centric offense that relies on two featured targets (Moss and Welker) to one that spreads the field horizontally and features a plethora of targets enabled them to parry and now position them to potentially "check-mate" the Jets this upcoming Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe