PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So now Culter's camp is saying Pat Bowlens lied to him too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob0729

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Apparently, Steve McNair... umm... Brett Favre... no.... Jay Culter through his agent Bus Cook claims now that Pat Bowlens lied to him that when he fired Mike Shanahan that he would keep Jim Bates around. At least Cook is admitting that this is where Cutler wanted to leave the Broncos not when the Broncos wanted to trade him. Although he denies asking for a trade.

The Broncos show trade this overrated bum. Send him to Cleveland where the Steelers and Ravens can expose him for the fraud he is. He will miss playing against some of the worst defenses in football in the AFC West.

I am so tired of this primadonna never was. He thinks he is better than Elway and thinks the world should cater to him. Not surprising for a Bus Cook client, but at least McNair and Favre had a few league MVPs, Super Bowl appearances, even a Super Bowl ring (in Favre's case), and locks for the HOF when they pulled their primaddona acts.

Broncos' owner, Cutler's agent sound off on drama in Denver

The Broncos show trade this overrated bum. Send him to Cleveland where the Steelers and Ravens can expose him for the fraud he is. He will miss playing against some of the worst defenses in football in the AFC West.

And as an extra added bonus, it might get Ratgini fired faster, too! :)

LMFAO! Did you just call Cutler overrated? Pompous, ****y, crybaby, and punk. All of those fit Cutler. However, to call him overrated is simply, for lack of a better word, ******ed.

LMFAO! Did you just call Cutler overrated? Pompous, ****y, crybaby, and punk. All of those fit Cutler. However, to call him overrated is simply, for lack of a better word, ******ed.

Of course he is overrated. Look at his stats against teams with winning records. Look at his stats the final three games of the season last year where all the Broncos had to do was win one of them to guarantee a lock of the AFC West. Look how he was second only to Brett Favre last year in INTs. Look how six games last year he had a QB rating under 75. Cutler is clearly overrated.

He is an above average QB, but clearly nothing special or in the top QBs in the league. His inclusion in the Pro Bowl over players like Philip Rivers, Chad Pennington, and even Matt Cassel is the pure definition of overrated. He is overrated because he gets a lot of yards, but he makes a lot of mistakes and is easily confused by smart defenses (look how the Pats utterly confused him).

Last edited:
Okay, let's have a look...

Week 7 @ New England (11-5): 17/26, 168 yds, 1 TD, 2 INTs
-Look at these stats and take into consideration the fact that Cutler had what looked like a nasty injury to his throwing hand at the beginning of the game and had to leave the game at one point. Also, Denver's offense wasn't really on the field all that much because their swiss cheese defense couldn't stop our offense.

Week 9 vs. Miami (East Division Winner; 11-5): 24/36, 307 yds, 2 TDs, 3 INTs
-With absolutely no running game to back him up (14 yards in the entire game for the Denver rushing offense) the game was on Cutler's shoulders. Miami's defense wasn't honest and keyed in on the passing attack forcing Cutler into a Tom Brady vs. San Diego-esque game.

Week 11 @ Atlanta (11-5): 19/27, 216 yds, 1 TD, 0 INTs
-Brady used to have games in which his stats looked like this. Good, efficient game against a division winner.

Week 13 @ NYJ (9-7): 27/43, 357 yds, 2 TDs, 1 INT
-Again, good game against what was a good defense at the time in a wet and slick game at the Meadowlands.

Week 15 @ Carolina (NFC South Division Winner; 12-4): 21/33 , 172 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT
-Not a very good game against Carolina whose defense is good but not super. I watched this game and the Panthers defense would step up big when it mattered. Denver also shot themselves in the foot with costly mistakes. It also didn't help that Denver's defense allowed 7.1 yards/play. Just ridiculous.

Out of the winning teams they played: 7 TDs, 7 INTs. Now consider that Denver's defense was the worst in the league (absolutely horrible... 52 points to San Diego?) and that Denver had worst injuries to their running back position alone than we did on our entire defense. They were decimated. In a lot of games Cutler went into, he had to face defenses (good defenses in a lot of cases) that didn't have to respect the run. Do you know how hard that makes the QB's job?

Also, I chose not to include San Diego because they were 8-8 and you said "winning teams". All in all, does Cutler have some maturing to do on and off the field? Sure. That comes with age. Not everyone can come into the league and be Tom Brady or Peyton Manning. Some have to work at it. :cool: But I thought that the fact you were calling a QB whose stats last season were (altogether) 4,526 yards with 25 TDs and 18 INTs a little ridiculous. If you can put the right defense behind Cutler, the team he is on would be disgustingly good.

Okay, let's have a look...

Week 7 @ New England (11-5): 17/26, 168 yds, 1 TD, 2 INTs
-Look at these stats and take into consideration the fact that Cutler had what looked like a nasty injury to his throwing hand at the beginning of the game and had to leave the game at one point. Also, Denver's offense wasn't really on the field all that much because their swiss cheese defense couldn't stop our offense.

Week 9 vs. Miami (East Division Winner; 11-5): 24/36, 307 yds, 2 TDs, 3 INTs
-With absolutely no running game to back him up (14 yards in the entire game for the Denver rushing offense) the game was on Cutler's shoulders. Miami's defense wasn't honest and keyed in on the passing attack forcing Cutler into a Tom Brady vs. San Diego-esque game.

Week 11 @ Atlanta (11-5): 19/27, 216 yds, 1 TD, 0 INTs
-Brady used to have games in which his stats looked like this. Good, efficient game against a division winner.

Week 13 @ NYJ (9-7): 27/43, 357 yds, 2 TDs, 1 INT
-Again, good game against what was a good defense at the time in a wet and slick game at the Meadowlands.

Week 15 @ Carolina (NFC South Division Winner; 12-4): 21/33 , 172 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT
-Not a very good game against Carolina whose defense is good but not super. I watched this game and the Panthers defense would step up big when it mattered. Denver also shot themselves in the foot with costly mistakes. It also didn't help that Denver's defense allowed 7.1 yards/play. Just ridiculous.

Out of the winning teams they played: 7 TDs, 7 INTs. Now consider that Denver's defense was the worst in the league (absolutely horrible... 52 points to San Diego?) and that Denver had worst injuries to their running back position alone than we did on our entire defense. They were decimated. In a lot of games Cutler went into, he had to face defenses (good defenses in a lot of cases) that didn't have to respect the run. Do you know how hard that makes the QB's job?

Also, I chose not to include San Diego because they were 8-8 and you said "winning teams". All in all, does Cutler have some maturing to do on and off the field? Sure. That comes with age. Not everyone can come into the league and be Tom Brady or Peyton Manning. Some have to work at it. :cool: But I thought that the fact you were calling a QB whose stats last season were (altogether) 4,526 yards with 25 TDs and 18 INTs a little ridiculous. If you can put the right defense behind Cutler, the team he is on would be disgustingly good.

Again, you back up my claim of him being above average, but nothing special. Never said he was Brady or Manning, but he isn't even Rivers (who had a better year with even less and don't even get into the yards discussion to argue against this point without looking at TDs and INTs) or Ben Roethlisberger. Heck Cassel had a better year than him with a very questionable defense. Besides, you made excuses for him for every thing he did wrong, but credit him for everything he did right.

And if you take away Brandon Marshall, Cutler would be disgustingly bad. If you took away the crappy pass defenses he faced (the Broncos had nine games against defenses that were ranked in the bottom third of the league in pass defense which includes several ), he would be disgustingly worse. The guy has a million arm and a ten cent head. Rumor is that he doesn't even know where the film room is in the Broncos facilities. That is why McDaniels wants to get rid of him.

Cutler was second in the league in INTs which I do have to admit is spectacular. Of course, apparently with a Bus Cook client, people make excuses for that fact with injuries. Plenty of QB have injuries and don't turn over the ball that much.

BTW, who ever said the Jets were a good defense? Their pass defense was miserable last year (ranked 29th in the league giving up 368 YPG and gave up the 8th most passing TDs). I might have gotten 300 yards against them in the air the way they played especially down the stretch.

Last edited:
And by the way, when you start with the yeah he sucked that game, but he was injured combined with yeah he sucked but he had no defense, you are just making excuses for him not playing well. Which means you are conceeding he isn't playing well.

And all this if he had this he would be awesome argument, it is another weak argument. Because Cutler had a lot of great things that he wouldn't have elsewhere including one of the best receiving corps in the league with arguably one of the three or four best young WRs in the league (no matter how much of an arse he is).

Last edited:
Also, you forgot the San Deigo games. He played well in the first although should have cost the Broncos the game if Ed Hoculi called his strip sack right which was totally his fault. Also, the second game he played miserably including a key INT in the third quarter that ruined any chance of the Broncos coming back.

Last edited:
This kid is an embarrassment to the NFL. Deep down I keep thinking Cutler and his agent are using this whole ruse to be traded to a team that is willing to rip up his current contract and negoiate a big boy one.

I don't respect this punk whatsoever. Knowing what McDaniels knows now I'm pretty sure he would of jumped on the trade day 1 of free agency.

Maybe we should compile a list for Cutler of EVERYONE that may have lied to him so he can just get it over with all at once. I'll start:

• His mother (she meant well, of course)
  • His over-inflated sense of self worth (see above)
  • Whatshername in 3rd grade who passed him a note that said "MY <3 IS URS 4EVAH!" (where is she NOW in his time of need? HUH? HUH?)
  • Reality
  • Judas (not to be confused with McDaniels or Bowlens)
  • Serving Sizes on food packaging (okay, just misleading, but close enough!)

Please feel free to add on!

Cutler is an overrated punk. missle is correct- he wants Brady/ Cassel money without Brady/Cassel accomplishments.

"All Pro"- Favre was "All Pro"

No running game- So what? has weapons galore for the passing game

No defense- So what? The defense didn't make the "second rated" offense 16th in scoring.

Bus Cook is using the shadow anti-BB sentiment to get an unearned big time contract. Does anyone really think this would play if McD was from the Dungy tree?

Rob0729 said:
Again, you back up my claim of him being above average, but nothing special. Never said he was Brady or Manning, but he isn't even Rivers (who had a better year with even less and don't even get into the yards discussion to argue against this point without looking at TDs and INTs) or Ben Roethlisberger.

Rivers also had a pretty decent running game to back him up. One that the NFL knew could do damage so defenses didn't key in on Rivers as much as they did Cutler. Cutler was pretty much the only threat the defense had to face when playing the Broncos, yet still had the offense do enough to get to 8 wins. Brandon Marshall is good but only as good as the guy who gets the ball into his hands. But let's look at Big Ben and Rivers. In 2006, Rivers saw his team have a good campaign behind a very run happy offense which saw L.T. have one of the greatest statistical seasons ever at the running back position. He then got into the playoffs where we were able to contain L.T. and put the game on him. San Diego then lost. Rivers went on to have a miserable 2007 campain but came on somewhat in the playoffs before injuring his knee. Would you have then turned around and said he was overrated then? You probably would have but you would have been wrong. Rivers had an excellent 2008 and all the reasons I mentioned before contributed to it being as good as it was. Roethlisberger was in a similar situation as Rivers in his rookie season. Good campain behind a good running attack and good defense. When he got into the playoffs, he and the Steelers stumbled by their opponents until our defense was good enough not to blow the game. We stopped the run and put the game on him and he lost it for his team. In 2005, he had a decent but not noteworthy campaign which saw the same attack take them to the Super Bowl. When he got into the Super Bowl, he played horribly but the rest of the team was good enough to win it. 2006 he faceplanted into a car and that was that. He stumbled as did the rest of the team. Would you have said he was overrated then? Probably. But then in 2007, he went on to have a career year throwing for over 30 touchdowns in Mike Tomlin's system. The end of the season for the Steelers proved that football is a team sport as the defense started to sputter. The Steelers never made it out of the wild card. In 2008, Tomlin went to a more balanced attack (including the running game more than he did in 2007) and the Steelers won the Super Bowl on a clutch throw by Big Ben (which I thought, personally, was better than the catch).

All those words and facts prove two things for me: 1. Football is a team sport. When you include the team, the offensive or defensive side of the ball sees more production. And, 2. Don't judge a player too quickly. Especially a player that has the physical attributes of a Cutler.

Heck Cassel had a better year than him with a very questionable defense.

Cassel also had Randy Moss and Wes Welker available to throw the ball to. Do I have to bring up the YAC statistic or do you already know it. And did you actually compare the 2008 Patriot defense to the 2008 Bronco defense? Come on, Rob, I know you're better than this. The Patriot defense sucked when compared to other Patriot defenses from this decade. The Bronco defense just flat out sucked. That was, by far, one of the worst defenses I have ever seen. The two don't even come close to comparing.

And if you take away Brandon Marshall, Cutler would be disgustingly bad. If you took away the crappy pass defenses he faced (the Broncos had nine games against defenses that were ranked in the bottom third of the league in pass defense which includes several ), he would be disgustingly worse.

What's funny is that this is pretty much the same thing that opposing teams' fans say about Brady. Granted, neither you nor I could ever know what would happen if Cutler had to play an entire season with Reche Caldwell, Jabar Gaffney, and Troy Brown as his primary threats.

The guy has a million arm and a ten cent head.

Can't say that I disagree here. If you had simply said this right off the bat instead of saying he was overrated, I would have agreed with you instead of argued with you.

Rumor is that he doesn't even know where the film room is in the Broncos facilities. That is why McDaniels wants to get rid of him.

Yeah. There's also that one rumor that Tom Brady is gay and that Belichick cheats in everything that he does. Don't let rumors be the main source of why you don't like somebody. Until someone within the organization (such as McDaniels, Bowlen, Shanahan, etc.), it's just hearsay.

Cutler was second in the league in INTs which I do have to admit is spectacular. Of course, apparently with a Bus Cook client, people make excuses for that fact with injuries. Plenty of QB have injuries and don't turn over the ball that much.

Maybe with Favre but I only pointed out injuries for Cutler in one instance: the game vs. the Pats. The main fact that I pointed out is that defenses did not have to respect Denver's running game and instead either sent more pass rushers after him, or dropped more back into coverage. Cutler received the vast majority of the attention on offense. Not Brandon Marshall who was taken out of the game with double coverage.

And by the way, when you start with the yeah he sucked that game, but he was injured combined with yeah he sucked but he had no defense, you are just making excuses for him not playing well. Which means you are conceeding he isn't playing well.

Uh, not really. I'm pointing out that football is a team game. If you played football, you should understand this. I never said there weren't instances in which he didn't play well. There were. I even admitted to such in the Panthers game (which makes your point for me just making excuses for him null and void). However, I understand that any player on the field, especially the quarterback, will see their play slip if the rest of the pieces of the puzzle aren't working well. So, let me know when a single player wins the Super Bowl. Until then, I'll stick by this point. Oh, and by the way: not playing well isn't the same thing as being overrated. There's been instances in which our very own Tom Brady didn't play well. I'll go back 4 years and keep it in the playoffs just to give Google a bit of a break. 2005 - Brady throws a costly pick-6 against Denver. That play was the dagger in the heart of the game. 2006 - Brady throws multiple interceptions against San Diego. The game is saved on Troy Brown's clutch strip of Marlon McCree. If not, the last pick Brady threw would have cost us the game. 2007 - Brady throws another multi-pick game against San Diego. The Pats defense steps up big multiple times against an L.T.-less running game. In the end, when the game can still be had, the Pats offense rips a nine minute drive behind Laurence Maroney's running and saves the game. Two weeks later in the Super Bowl, Brady is harassed into a game which saw him make several uncharacteristic throws and miss wide open receivers. The Pats lost this game.

Want to know what else happened in all those games? Brady wasn't the only guy who didn't play well. Now, would you say that Brady didn't play well or that he was overrated? And yes, I am aware that Brady has won multiple Super Bowls. And yes, I know that there is no comparison between he and Cutler. But it can still be pointed out that not even the great Tom Brady plays well in every game.

And all this if he had this he would be awesome argument, it is another weak argument. Because Cutler had a lot of great things that he wouldn't have elsewhere including one of the best receiving corps in the league with arguably one of the three or four best young WRs in the league (no matter how much of an arse he is).

Saying I have a weak argument is basically a cop-out. I've pointed out why it isn't a weak argument in the paragraph above. And, while Marshall is a pretty good receiver, he isn't one of the three or four best WRs in the league. Not even close. Marshall was being taken out of several games with simple double coverage.

Also, you forgot the San Deigo games. He played well in the first although should have cost the Broncos the game if Ed Hoculi called his strip sack right which was totally his fault. Also, the second game he played miserably including a key INT in the third quarter that ruined any chance of the Broncos coming back.

Hochuli did save that game for them. However, Cutler still threw a clutch touchdown at the end and a key two point conversion lasered in between double coverage after that for the win. The second game was lost by the defense. Cutler didn't play well but that INT certainly didn't cost them the game by any stretch. The fact that you say that it did just boggles the mind. San Diego put up 50+ points. Whenever that happens, the blame is generally expected to be put on the defense.

Cutler is an overrated punk. missle is correct- he wants Brady/ Cassel money without Brady/Cassel accomplishments.

"All Pro"- Favre was "All Pro"

So he is overrated because he wants more money? Okay. Not sure I understand that logic but it is what it is. Let me point out that Ryan Leaf was overrated. Leaf was supposed to be God coming out of college. His first year as a starter, he threw 2 TDs and 15 INTs. Two years later, with nine games started, Leaf then had his finest statistical year with 11 TDs and 18 INTs. He then was traded into Dallas and faded off into obscurity.

No running game- So what? has weapons galore for the passing game

No he didn't. His only real threat was Brandon Marshall. As I said, he was taken out of a few games with double coverage. Eddie Royal was decent at best and Tony Scheffler succeeded due to the attention those two got in the pass-first offense. Weapons galore would be having Randy Moss, Wes Welker, and Joey Galloway to throw to. Weapons galore would be having Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin to throw to. Weapons galore would be having Chad Johnson and an T.J. Whatshisname to throw to.

No defense- So what? The defense didn't make the "second rated" offense 16th in scoring.

What is that one saying? Oh yeah! Defense wins championships.

Bus Cook is using the shadow anti-BB sentiment to get an unearned big time contract. Does anyone really think this would play if McD was from the Dungy tree?

Eh, maybe he is, maybe he isn't. Keep in mind, I never said Cutler was not a douchebag. You seem to be arguing more over that he is a douchebag instead of arguing over whether or not he is overrated.

Last edited:
QB are ultimately measured in wins and losses. Cutler is barely a .500 QB all the way back to college. He has been assessed, by the new coaching staff and the ownership. It's time to shut up and get to steppin'.

Rivers also had a pretty decent running game to back him up. One that the NFL knew could do damage so defenses didn't key in on Rivers as much as they did Cutler. Cutler was pretty much the only threat the defense had to face when playing the Broncos, yet still had the offense do enough to get to 8 wins. Brandon Marshall is good but only as good as the guy who gets the ball into his hands. But let's look at Big Ben and Rivers. In 2006, Rivers saw his team have a good campaign behind a very run happy offense which saw L.T. have one of the greatest statistical seasons ever at the running back position. He then got into the playoffs where we were able to contain L.T. and put the game on him. San Diego then lost. Rivers went on to have a miserable 2007 campain but came on somewhat in the playoffs before injuring his knee. Would you have then turned around and said he was overrated then? You probably would have but you would have been wrong. Rivers had an excellent 2008 and all the reasons I mentioned before contributed to it being as good as it was. Roethlisberger was in a similar situation as Rivers in his rookie season. Good campain behind a good running attack and good defense. When he got into the playoffs, he and the Steelers stumbled by their opponents until our defense was good enough not to blow the game. We stopped the run and put the game on him and he lost it for his team. In 2005, he had a decent but not noteworthy campaign which saw the same attack take them to the Super Bowl. When he got into the Super Bowl, he played horribly but the rest of the team was good enough to win it. 2006 he faceplanted into a car and that was that. He stumbled as did the rest of the team. Would you have said he was overrated then? Probably. But then in 2007, he went on to have a career year throwing for over 30 touchdowns in Mike Tomlin's system. The end of the season for the Steelers proved that football is a team sport as the defense started to sputter. The Steelers never made it out of the wild card. In 2008, Tomlin went to a more balanced attack (including the running game more than he did in 2007) and the Steelers won the Super Bowl on a clutch throw by Big Ben (which I thought, personally, was better than the catch).

All those words and facts prove two things for me: 1. Football is a team sport. When you include the team, the offensive or defensive side of the ball sees more production. And, 2. Don't judge a player too quickly. Especially a player that has the physical attributes of a Cutler.

Cassel also had Randy Moss and Wes Welker available to throw the ball to. Do I have to bring up the YAC statistic or do you already know it. And did you actually compare the 2008 Patriot defense to the 2008 Bronco defense? Come on, Rob, I know you're better than this. The Patriot defense sucked when compared to other Patriot defenses from this decade. The Bronco defense just flat out sucked. That was, by far, one of the worst defenses I have ever seen. The two don't even come close to comparing.

What's funny is that this is pretty much the same thing that opposing teams' fans say about Brady. Granted, neither you nor I could ever know what would happen if Cutler had to play an entire season with Reche Caldwell, Jabar Gaffney, and Troy Brown as his primary threats.

Can't say that I disagree here. If you had simply said this right off the bat instead of saying he was overrated, I would have agreed with you instead of argued with you.

Yeah. There's also that one rumor that Tom Brady is gay and that Belichick cheats in everything that he does. Don't let rumors be the main source of why you don't like somebody. Until someone within the organization (such as McDaniels, Bowlen, Shanahan, etc.), it's just hearsay.

Maybe with Favre but I only pointed out injuries for Cutler in one instance: the game vs. the Pats. The main fact that I pointed out is that defenses did not have to respect Denver's running game and instead either sent more pass rushers after him, or dropped more back into coverage. Cutler received the vast majority of the attention on offense. Not Brandon Marshall who was taken out of the game with double coverage.

Uh, not really. I'm pointing out that football is a team game. If you played football, you should understand this. I never said there weren't instances in which he didn't play well. There were. I even admitted to such in the Panthers game (which makes your point for me just making excuses for him null and void). However, I understand that any player on the field, especially the quarterback, will see their play slip if the rest of the pieces of the puzzle aren't working well. So, let me know when a single player wins the Super Bowl. Until then, I'll stick by this point. Oh, and by the way: not playing well isn't the same thing as being overrated. There's been instances in which our very own Tom Brady didn't play well. I'll go back 4 years and keep it in the playoffs just to give Google a bit of a break. 2005 - Brady throws a costly pick-6 against Denver. That play was the dagger in the heart of the game. 2006 - Brady throws multiple interceptions against San Diego. The game is saved on Troy Brown's clutch strip of Marlon McCree. If not, the last pick Brady threw would have cost us the game. 2007 - Brady throws another multi-pick game against San Diego. The Pats defense steps up big multiple times against an L.T.-less running game. In the end, when the game can still be had, the Pats offense rips a nine minute drive behind Laurence Maroney's running and saves the game. Two weeks later in the Super Bowl, Brady is harassed into a game which saw him make several uncharacteristic throws and miss wide open receivers. The Pats lost this game.

Want to know what else happened in all those games? Brady wasn't the only guy who didn't play well. Now, would you say that Brady didn't play well or that he was overrated? And yes, I am aware that Brady has won multiple Super Bowls. And yes, I know that there is no comparison between he and Cutler. But it can still be pointed out that not even the great Tom Brady plays well in every game.

Saying I have a weak argument is basically a cop-out. I've pointed out why it isn't a weak argument in the paragraph above. And, while Marshall is a pretty good receiver, he isn't one of the three or four best WRs in the league. Not even close. Marshall was being taken out of several games with simple double coverage.

Hochuli did save that game for them. However, Cutler still threw a clutch touchdown at the end and a key two point conversion lasered in between double coverage after that for the win. The second game was lost by the defense. Cutler didn't play well but that INT certainly didn't cost them the game by any stretch. The fact that you say that it did just boggles the mind. San Diego put up 50+ points. Whenever that happens, the blame is generally expected to be put on the defense.

I don't know if I can get to every point because the back and forth is getting too cumbersome, but I will address some of the issues. The guy is far too inconsistent and can be rattled

First, I never said Cutler sucked. I said he is overrated. Big difference. I think he is an above average QB, but he has no awareness of the field, can't read defenses, and doesn't seem to believe in game preparation. He kinda reminds me of Daunte Culpepper in a way. Culpepper is a really dumb QB who relied on his physical abilities and never developed the mental part of the game and when he lost his physical gifts went from an MVP candidate to a marginal starter (and I am being kind here).

You can talk about having no running game and no defense, but you can make the same argument about Drew Brees over the last two years. Maybe Rivers isn't the best comparison (although I think fair). But Cutler isn't the only guy who has not had a defense or a running game and performed better than Cutler. Peyton Manning rarely has a defense to back him up although he does have a running game most years (although not last year).

Comparing Brady to Cutler is a little laughable. Even when Brady had no WRs in 2005, he was never up and down like Cutler was. Brady had bad games here and there, but Cutler had 8 games with a QB rating under 78 and six games where he threw more INTs than TDs (any time you throw more INTs than TDs is a bad game in my book). Brady has never been that inconsistent. Few if any great QB are.

As for Marshall, he is one of the three or four best YOUNG WRs. That would eliminate guys like Moss, Chad Johnson, Steve Smith, etc. out of the equation. I am talking the newer class of WR with only a few years of experience. As for Marshall being taken out of the game, Moss gets taken out of games too and he is a future HOF. Even the best WRs can get taken out of games. That is a fact of life for WRs. The position has the least consistent playing of all the skill positions. Marshall is up there though for WRs. Even Larry Fitzgerald, who I consider the best WR in the game right now, was taken out of 3 or 4 games last year with four games with under 60 yards.

As for the San Deigo games, two points: Yes, Cutler redeemed himself with a key TD, but that TD should never had happened because of a bonehead mistake for Cutler. Also, that TD was vs. the Chargers who before they fired Ted Cotrell was one of the worst defenses in the league. Second in the second game, I didn't blame Cutler for the loss, but he did have a key INT when there was some hope that helped to put the final nail in the Bronco's season. You talk about it being a team game and that INT played a role in the loss. And it was thrown to a DE for a TD no less.

Last edited:
kon

Are you Bus Cook in person?

My point is that this is a fake drama that Cutler is using to get a new contract. How exactly does one demand a trade after the OC is fired and then whine a few weeks later when discussions actually take place?

Cutler ONLY had Marshall, Royal, and Schefler. If these aren't weapons, what are weapons?

Also, the best defense is a good offense. Maybe if the Cutler offense that was "second" but 16th in scoring actually put points on the board; the defense might have been better.

Here is my take:

Cutler is a douchebag

He wants more money. That is what's behind this and he is effectively using the new coach as his fall guy. This is effective since McD is from the BB tree.

This story is as irritating as:

Favre retirement watch
McNabb has no weapons/ is he leaving Philly
Manning has no supporting cast
Dungy retirement watch

QB are ultimately measured in wins and losses. Cutler is barely a .500 QB all the way back to college. He has been assessed, by the new coaching staff and the ownership. It's time to shut up and get to steppin'.

If you think QBs are judged by W-L, you don't know a damn thing about football.

First, I never said Cutler sucked. I said he is overrated. Big difference. I think he is an above average QB, but he has no awareness of the field, can't read defenses, and doesn't seem to believe in game preparation. He kinda reminds me of Daunte Culpepper in a way.

Have you ever seen cutler play? The Broncos sucked this year, despite having one of the top 5 offenses in the league. They had one of the top 5 offenses in the league despite having no running game. Their passing game may have been the best in the NFL.

Have you ever seen cutler play? The Broncos sucked this year, despite having one of the top 5 offenses in the league. They had one of the top 5 offenses in the league despite having no running game. Their passing game may have been the best in the NFL.

First, the Broncos were 16th in points scored. SIXTEENTH!!!! Spectacular offense. The Broncos were better than anyone else besides the Saints in getting yards, but smack in the middle of league in points scored. Everyone knows points are irrelevant to the outcome of games and the team that has the most yards wins. The Broncos offense was average last year, but the league only ranks offenses and defenses by yards (which is stupid).

Second, Cutler was seventh in the league in TDs and second in the league in INT. He was tied for 14th in completion percentage while second in attempts (Brees was #1 in attempts and 8th in percentage for comparison). Cutler was 13th in TD% to attempt while tied for 7th in INT% to attempts. He was 10th in YPA. Those aren't great numbers for a guy who is supposably one of the top QBs in the league. It also says he got a lot of yards not because he is a great QB, but because he threw a lot of balls.

Third, the stats I just stated clearly shows that the Broncos didn't have the best passing game in the NFL. It just has the second most attempts. In fact, based on your limited definition of what makes the best passing game in the league, the Saints have that title eventhough Brees fell apart late in the season.

People need to stop looking at the fact he got over 4,500 yards and saying he is all that. You start digesting the numbers and he is not all that great. He is an above average QB who threw the ball a lot last year.

Last edited:
I might add that throwing the most interceptions appears to be the best stat to qualify as "All Pro".

Just ask Brett.

It's absolutely amazing the praise heaped on this douche.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
Back