PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So let's say we wanted a new DC...

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to bring in Marty Schottenheimer! Time for some Marty ball lets pound the rock.

If he was brought in, I would want him in the GM position more than an assistant coaching position. The man is a beast in the draft room. I'm half joking, of course.

I want to see Pepper Johnson promoted to DC. Goodbye Dean.

Some names who are now available:

1. Paul Pasqualoni, former Miami DC.
2. Clancy Pendergast, former Arizona and KC DC - the Chiefs hired Romeo Crennel today.
3. Greg Blache, former Redskins DC. The Skins hired Jim Haslett as DC today:

Source: Redskins hire Jim Haslett to coach defense - NFL - SI.com

Haslett is expected to bring a 3-4 defense to the Redskins. Blache has always coached a 4-3, but he has been a very successful DC with Chicago and then with Washington.

Is Rod Rust still alive or is he pushing mushrooms?

In-Rod-We-Rust :confused3:

Whoa! My ears are burning! If you're wondering about my name it's just pure oddness on my part.

In Bill We Trust (Bill is the best coach we've ever had)
In Rod We Trust (Rod was the worst coach we've ever had)
In God We Trust (Hey Rod's last name fits and rhymes)

InRodWeRust (yeah that's nice and bizarre, that's a keeper)

If you didn't really care about knowing my username origin in the first place well then . . . . . sucks to be you for wasting your time reading this :D

Down here in Dolphinville we are hearing that Pepper Johnson is a front runner for Dolphin DC. What do you think of him?

The Giants just hired Bills' interim HC Percy Fewell as their new DC.

Down here in Dolphinville we are hearing that Pepper Johnson is a front runner for Dolphin DC. What do you think of him?

Where are you hearing this?

Love his energy but hes been passed over twice and most likely a 3rd time by BB. What does that tell you?

You guys are getting the coach from Pittsburgh. He worked with Sparano before.

Not sure how good he is when it comes to the X's and O's of the game, but he seems like a guy that the players love playing for and seems to be a good motivator.

Greg Schiano from Rutgers. Consistently fields one of the better defensive teams in the nation even without the top talent of a USC, Texas or Florida.

Greg Schiano from Rutgers. Consistently fields one of the better defensive teams in the nation even without the top talent of a USC, Texas or Florida.

Is he a 3-4 guy? Does he have any experience in the 3-4?

Haha, hes such a prick. I went to his football camp this summer. And no he runs a 4-3.

Dc

Norm Parker, the Iowa DC, is an old 68-year-old warhorse whom many consider the best in college football. Is it time for him to step on to the pros? Incidentally, he was Dean Pees's predecessor at Michigan State.

His health problems can't be any worse than Charlie Weis's.

What Parker has been able to do with the decent talent he's had to work with is truly impressive.

Player Bio: Norm Parker - IOWA OFFICIAL ATHLETIC SITE

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye