PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So let's say we wanted a new DC...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I prefer somebody outside of the team.

WTF!!! HES 70 years old!!!!!!!!
And he quit the NFL to go coach with his kid a year ago and he just got a new job about 3 days ago.

It's Patricia time . . .

And he quit the NFL to go coach with his kid a year ago and he just got a new job about 3 days ago.

It's Patricia time . . .

I dont get the Patricia love. What has he done? Nothing!

It was a joke...

I dont get the Patricia love. What has he done? Nothing!
I'm just saying that I think he's gonna be the man. Will it work out ? Hell if I know.

I wouldn't be surprised, though, if we name an OC (whether it's O'Brien or someone else) and have Patricia as the unnamed DC like we did on offense with McDaniels and O'Brien.

I'm just saying that I think he's gonna be the man. Will it work out ? Hell if I know.

I wouldn't be surprised, though, if we name an OC (whether it's O'Brien or someone else) and have Patricia as the unnamed DC like we did on offense with McDaniels and O'Brien.

Chris Price said he thinks Patricia will become DC and Pepper will become the LB coach. Makes sense, imo.

Chris Price said he thinks Patricia will become DC and Pepper will become the LB coach. Makes sense, imo.
I've always found it funny that an ex LB is the DL coach especially as we've had several LB coaches (Ryan, Pees, Patricia) over the last 6 years or so.

I've always found it funny that an ex LB is the DL coach especially as we've had several LB coaches (Ryan, Pees, Patricia) over the last 6 years or so.

Yeah, exactly. And Pepper was an LB under Belichick, right?

Anyway, I just hope they make a more calculated decision than "we don't hire outside guys...grumble...pie..."

Yes.......
34ss8ow.jpg

So who would you guys prefer to have, Patricia or Jauron?

Peppers was a LB coach. I remember being interested in his move to DL coach and wondered if it was a grooming move. But Pees later took over from a LB coach position (though Pees did have more DC and HC experience).

I find all this talk about assistant coaches not challenging BB strange. That angle could only come from BB. If BB is trying to say that he wanted his coaches to question him more - that's his fault.

Peppers was a LB coach. I remember being interested in his move to DL coach and wondered if it was a grooming move. But Pees later took over from a LB coach position (though Pees did have more DC and HC experience).

I find all this talk about assistant coaches not challenging BB strange. That angle could only come from BB. If BB is trying to say that he wanted his coaches to question him more - that's his fault.

He also mentioned how he understands that comes with time and comfortability as he recalled a time where he was reluctant to question anything early in his career. Sounds like he understands that he's not being questioned enough but also doesn't think it's necessarily a problem with the type of people on staff but rather a function of their comfort level / tenure.

He also mentioned how he understands that comes with time and comfortability as he recalled a time where he was reluctant to question anything early in his career. Sounds like he understands that he's not being questioned enough but also doesn't think it's necessarily a problem with the type of people on staff but rather a function of their comfort level / tenure.

That's still his responsibilty as a leader/supervisor. Again, I find this topic very odd coming out at the end of a season and coming from someone who doesn't talk about the the inner workings of a team or details of his management of people.

Let's not kid around. This story plant is about Dean Pees. I'm supposed to buy into this "Belichick wasn't questioned enough by his staff" story? Pees was with the team since 2004 and now in 2010 we get this spin? Weak.

I would expect BB to say that his own coaching could have been better and that goes for the entire coaching staff also. Leave it at that. Thank Pees for his contribution and go about finding his replacement. Personal changes happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes