PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So... Im thinking about going to the SB alone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im still looking for a room... dont get me wrong. lol Im thinking worst case senerio.

I want to get in on Friday and out on Monday. I found a flight for $420 bucks into Phoenix from Providence. $244 for the flight into LAX. It sounds like the drive isnt worth it though.

Im going to check Ontario International now.

Yeah, for less than $200 difference you're probably much better off flying in an out of PHX.

If it makes you feel better my plane ticket is over $5000.

The problem is there are no flights out of PHX on Monday. I couldn't find one until Wednesday.

Fly into LAX on Sat, there will be less traffic and one less hotel night to pay for.

I found lots of rooms in Sedona, Yuma, Palm Springs, Laka Havasu City etc. Just depends where you want to stop. Definitely don't sleep in your car though, there's too many nuts around for stuff like that.

Yeah, for less than $200 difference you're probably much better off flying in an out of PHX.

If it makes you feel better my plane ticket is over $5000.

where you flying from?

Hey also look at flying PVD to El Paso. Its 430 miles and you can get flights on Friday/Monday. There are tons of rooms available for like $120 in Tucson which is 113 miles from Phoenix.

Looks like its Interstate 10 the whole way.

Actually you can also fly from either Manchester NH or Hartford, CT to Tucson straight up for around $685

Last edited:
How much can you spend and not get ripped off on the tix? Obviously I am looking upper level but i don't know how much a fair price is? Also, Vegas to AZ is never a bad thing - especially since its Vegas.

I am going alone too. Its a great time, I went to Jax and Houston.]

I MIGHT be able to stay with a friend in Scottsdale. If not, im considering just sleeping in the rental car (at a rest stop). Especially if I drive in from LAX.

How long of a drive is it?

Just don't sleep at the rest stop in Compton.

Hey also look at flying PVD to El Paso. Its 430 miles and you can get flights on Friday/Monday. There are tons of rooms available for like $120 in Tucson which is 113 miles from Phoenix.

Looks like its Interstate 10 the whole way.

Actually you can also fly from either Manchester NH or Hartford, CT to Tucson straight up for around $685

Do you have a link for the $120 Hotel rooms in Tucson??

Hotwire:
http://www.hotwire.com/hotel/result...alse&shouldHideAmenityFilter=false&sortCode=2

Better Bidding
http://www.betterbidding.com/index.php?showtopic=643&

By going to this site and matching up the stars and amenities you can actually figure out exactly which hotel you will get (if it matters).

Looks like the 3 Star for $123 is a Holiday Inn.

I use Hotwire all the time, they have great deals. I stayed at the Sheraton at PVD Airport for $50 last week for the AFCCG

It is non refundable however, so don't book it unless you are sure.

Last edited:
So far, all of the suggestions in this thread have been great. Thanks guys/gals!

Does anyone have a tip on where to find an available rental car for a reasonable price (flying into Phoenix).

So far, all of the suggestions in this thread have been great. Thanks guys/gals!

Does anyone have a tip on where to find an available rental car for a reasonable price (flying into Phoenix).

I got one by having my travel agent call up Hertz. Not at all cheap: $68/day for a mid-size. I think that's in-line with what you'll find elsewhere. Maybe expedia or travelocity would be cheaper.

Screw the Playboy party! I'm going to the Kenny Loggins jam. Highway to the Danger Zone baby. That is unless I can find a Celine Dion party to go to.

i have been hitting expedia up every now and then for rentals and i ended up landing a car for 39/day! Payless rental car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft