PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SMY is my new favorite Pats reporter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to see this team by june, before I make a prediction, but this team knew who to resign, and build thru the draft this year... But this draft needs to be a home run, and if not, your right about 8-8 being optimistic...

Yeah my prediction in March is pretty useless. But every other team is also going to try and improve, obviously so as the schedule stands right now; if we don't obtain some immediate help from the draft then I think next year is going to be the most disappointing of the Brady era

Yeah my prediction in March is pretty useless. But every other team is also going to try and improve, obviously so as the schedule stands right now; if we don't obtain some immediate help from the draft then I think next year is going to be the most disappointing of the Brady era

In terms of disappointment, nothing will match 2007. Nothing.

In terms of disappointment, nothing will match 2007. Nothing.

Through 18 games that was every Pats fans favorite season. I'll admit the end result of '07 will always be the biggest let down, but as far as an entire season goes this upcoming one might really suck.

Through 18 games that was every Pats fans favorite season. I'll admit the end result of '07 will always be the biggest let down, but as far as an entire season goes this upcoming one might really suck.

I hear you. I guess it's a different level of disappointment.

Yeah, I noticed that too. I don't know what to make of it. SMY thinks that Afailus "has played his last down" here, yet is also "not sure he's such the bad apple in the locker room that he's portrayed to be." What's going on, then?

Maybe that thing on ADT's head has hypnotized her...

SMY got her new post courtesy of her locker room source...AD. She and her employer are gonna be **** out of luck shortly...

Cultivating locker room sources is a tricky bidness... It wreaks havoc with cultivating organizational sources when you opt for the breaking news advancement strategy as opposed to simply using them for context... If Shalise isn't more selective and reflective she's liable to find herself covering the Sox before the season's over...;)

"........and a defense that can protect leads"

Ooooooooooohhhhhhh is that all we need, why didn't ya say so....we can go out and get one of those NP at all, problem solved.

SMY got her new post courtesy of her locker room source...AD. She and her employer are gonna be **** out of luck shortly...

Cultivating locker room sources is a tricky bidness... It wreaks havoc with cultivating organizational sources when you opt for the breaking news advancement strategy as opposed to simply using them for context... If Shalise isn't more selective and reflective she's liable to find herself covering the Sox before the season's over...;)

This should underscore Bill's need to draft & develop - and to sign as UFAs - men not only with talent, but also with coachability, self-motivation & accountability. It cert. helps to have as locker room sources those who possess such qualities, instead of simply possessing the biggest paycheck.

She's a troll or a jet fan for pointing out those obvious flaws.

SMY has been covering the Pats for a long time. She worked for the Providence Journal for years before joining the Globe. So it seems strange to me to see her referred to her as "new".

SMY has been covering the Pats for a long time. She worked for the Providence Journal for years before joining the Globe. So it seems strange to me to see her referred to her as "new".

"new favorite"
ie not previously favored.

I rarely clicked the ProJo's website, so I rarely read her, either, exc. when someone here would post a link to something she'd written, or when SMY herself would post here to break or clarify a story.

It's March every team has holes. If not a one player improves, and we need to remember this is a young team especially on D, then yes the season will not be a good one. I have a hard time believing a BB led team will not show improvement and will not fill in all the holes through the draft and through veteran acquisitions, either via trade or players that will be released after their teams draft their lower cost replacements. There's a lot of time between now and September, everyone needs to relax. One thing at a time and everything in it's proper time. It's draft time now, that should be the focus. Then we will move on to signing Brady to an extension and acquiring other veteran players. Acquiring vets might also take place during the draft.

I know there are a lot of fans making legitimate points about the 'holes' on this team.
last year this time they were on a short list of superbowl favorites, and the 'rich were getting richer' that offseason.

so, a year later they are swiss cheese ---- but you guys have some valid concerns.
what I would be curious to see, is not only a list of the holes on the pats, but similar lists of the holes on the other teams in our division.........GO!!

All Things Bill Belichick

"I think every year is its own year. Even if you have the same people, it's different the next year. Different circumstances. But you never have the same people. It always changes. Each year, each team starts all over again."

On their needs at certain positions:
"There's a lot of time before the final roster gets set, so there are a lot of things that could happen. … If you talk to every coach in the room, there'd be some part of the team that's maybe less settled than some other part."

A few more? How long haave you been a Pats fan? Branch played well his rookie year. Light did. Samuel started at corner as a rook. Many have.We've had UDFA play meaningful minutes. Randall Gay covered TO in the superbowl his rookie year. TO had one catch, and that came when Gay was bowled over by the Iggles' FB on a pic play.

THere have been a lot more than 4 rookies contribute meaningul minutes in 9 years, but how can you say BB's philosophy over 9 years is bad compared to the rest of the league? Who else can compare with the success of the Pats during BB's tenure? I don't get the BB hate.

Yeah, I'd argue seriously that a one and three 2's will yield one, maybe two or more players who will provide an impact. What is the deal all of a sudden that no rookies contributed for any teams this decade?

Dislike to get into homers vs haters. I prefer to think of it as a Pats supporters vs pats detractors, but if you insist of a homer-hater delineation: Your hatred knows no bounds.

Is that so?
I remember it just SLIGHTLY different than you do, I remember TO carrying the Eagles all the way to the Puking episode, and this after just coming back from a bad ankle injury.

Of course I'm probably thinking about a different game............

Is that so?
I remember it just SLIGHTLY different than you do, I remember TO carrying the Eagles all the way to the Puking episode, and this after just coming back from a bad ankle injury.

Of course I'm probably thinking about a different game............

9 receptions, 122 yards. TO played like a beast that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News