PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Skip Bayless is a moron

Status
Not open for further replies.

primetime

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
From http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=bayless/060109

"But a rising star continued to leap out of your TV screen in the Patriots' injury-ravaged secondary. Cornerback Asante Samuel doesn't have Ty Law's hands, but he's starting to shut down the opposition's best threat the way Law used to for New England, and he certainly packs more of a tackling wallop than Law."

If Skip Worthless had even seen the Patriots play at all, he'd know it was Ellis Hobbs who was the cornerback that was shutting down receivers, and Asante was being picked on all year long. That, and he's nowhere near the hitter Law was. Law was a few inches taller and weighs about 15 lbs. more, and is stronger. Asante sure doesn't have the hands Law does, he can't catch anything. It was a wonder he held onto that ball to run it back. He praises Samuel's bait and switch like it was all him, and not designed into the play.

Typical Skippy Worthless stuff. He watches five minutes of highlights and types some sort of off the wall story. He is the biggest no nothing hack I have ever read.

Law was perhaps the best tackling CB I've ever seen.

When it comes to Skip Bayless, his first name says it all. Whatever he's on....Skip it.

ya

he is totally worthless. Sometimes when i am home i watch cold pizza and see him and woody paige. i end up wanting to throw the remote at the tv after hearing some of the worthless and brain dead crap he comes up with. he really is terrible!

Darn, I came to this thread when all the "Skip" jokes had run their course.

it just shows that many "experts" dont watch the game. They jsut watch highlights. THey saw asante take the INT for a TD and assumed he is the best we have.

Stop talking about S-it Bayless! I think he makes money every time his name comes up in the internet! He's a friggin IDIOT!

mtbykr said:
he is totally worthless. Sometimes when i am home i watch cold pizza and see him and woody paige. i end up wanting to throw the remote at the tv after hearing some of the worthless and brain dead crap he comes up with. he really is terrible!

The mention of that show and those 2 imbeciles just made me throw up in my mouth.

primetime said:
From http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=bayless/060109

"But a rising star continued to leap out of your TV screen in the Patriots' injury-ravaged secondary. Cornerback Asante Samuel doesn't have Ty Law's hands, but he's starting to shut down the opposition's best threat the way Law used to for New England, and he certainly packs more of a tackling wallop than Law."

If Skip Worthless had even seen the Patriots play at all, he'd know it was Ellis Hobbs who was the cornerback that was shutting down receivers, and Asante was being picked on all year long. That, and he's nowhere near the hitter Law was. Law was a few inches taller and weighs about 15 lbs. more, and is stronger. Asante sure doesn't have the hands Law does, he can't catch anything. It was a wonder he held onto that ball to run it back. He praises Samuel's bait and switch like it was all him, and not designed into the play.

Law may be a surer tackler, but Asante is in another league when it comes to hitting. Samuel has put on at least 5 or 6 hits in the last two years that were harder any Law has had in his entire career.

JJDChE said:
Law may be a surer tackler, but Asante is in another league when it comes to hitting. Samuel has put on at least 5 or 6 hits in the last two years that were harder any Law has had in his entire career.

I wonder if these two (tackling and hitting) are inversely related. Think about it....

Not necessarily. Law broke Isaac Bruce's ribs in the Super Bowl. I'm not sure Asante's done anything like that.

Weishuhn said:
The mention of that show and those 2 imbeciles just made me throw up in my mouth.

No doubt. I think they want to have the same kind of show as "Pardon The Interruption" But its not even close. Sometimes it looks like Bayless will make a point then (whats his name, the bigger moron) looks like he's going to go over pound Bayless for being so stupid and weak.

Even when Bayless is trying to compliment the Pats he gets it all wrong.

Assante Samuel came from UCF, my wifes alma mater and I can't even support this guy.

I swear they have to give Samuel a new uniform every game because the old ones have burn marks all over it.......

These threads are silly. These people are TV personalities. If they ever were journalists, that have long since ceased to be. They spend their time having make-up applied and marketing themselves and the tv shows they appear on. They only have time to watch highlights, if anything. They are not idiots. They just aren't analysts. Their opinion carries about as much weight as Oprah or Matt Lauer's.

shakadave said:
I wonder if these two (tackling and hitting) are inversely related. Think about it....

very good point

Skip Bayless probably made that comment based on a few things

1.) the INT return for a TD is what brought Samuel to his attention

then he probably thought of the nasty hits he put on.....

1.)Ricky Williams
2.)Jeb Putzier
3.)Dallas Clark
4.)Brandon Stokely (last year's playoff)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft