PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Should we try to land Brandin Cooks?

Dunk Fail GIF

How many draft picks have been spent on Cooks over his career (drafted, traded, Saints, Rams, Pats, TX)? Coming close to a record?

• Agree
Reactions: Ian
Cooks is a good player. I would be happy to have him but I wouldn’t give up more than a fourth for him. A lot of miles on his legs for a small guy. Doesn’t do well with ball in his hands.

Campbell is better. With an improving Thornton, might give defenses headaches with their speed.

Id rather Meyers back.

I think Meyers and Parker is a decent start at the position. It will be interesting to see what happens with Bourne. Then I would draft a WR in the second or third RD and Thornton and This kid battle each other and to replace the vets. If Bourne is done here I reserve my right to want another Vet.
I'm not against going all out for Stud number 1 WR I just think it's a little bit of a pipe dream.

If we go this route TE becomes a bigger need. Henry is good but Smith is not so if we can upgrade there then that helps both groups. His cap hit might lead us to giving him one more shot in which case I reserve the right to want to go back to the Vet WR table.

Basically between both WR/TE we probably need to identify at least one player to significantly upgrade.

No heart. Helped us lose the SB to the Eagles and helped us win the SB versus the Rams. A big No Thanks! Rather re-sign Myers.

Id rather Meyers back.

I think Meyers and Parker is a decent start at the position. It will be interesting to see what happens with Bourne. Then I would draft a WR in the second or third RD and Thornton and This kid battle each other and to replace the vets. If Bourne is done here I reserve my right to want another Vet.
I'm not against going all out for Stud number 1 WR I just think it's a little bit of a pipe dream.

If we go this route TE becomes a bigger need. Henry is good but Smith is not so if we can upgrade there then that helps both groups. His cap hit might lead us to giving him one more shot in which case I reserve the right to want to go back to the Vet WR table.

Basically between both WR/TE we probably need to identify at least one player to significantly upgrade.
It is already been stated Parker is the worse combination to start along side Meyers the Defense just basically yawns. One cannot separate and the other gets no YAC again yawn.
Sleep Yawn GIF

Not accurate.

Bull fecking ****. Did you want the damn Eagles SB??? They left 14 points on the board in the first half. If Cooks and the rest of the offense had manned up and played hard they would not have been down by 10. He is a SOFT player. No room for him on this team.

It is already been stated Parker is the worse combination to start along side Meyers the Defense just basically yawns. One cannot separate and the other gets no YAC again yawn.
Sleep Yawn GIF
I thought he had some flashes last year and would like to think like with most guys from last year that they will do better with BoB.

And don't get me wrong I like him in comparison to spending more and draft capital on Cooks.

But I also think short of going BB going all out for a stud WR that Parker and Meyers are good enough if we get more from behind them and at TE.

Bull fecking ****. Did you want the damn Eagles SB??? They left 14 points on the board in the first half. If Cooks and the rest of the offense had manned up and played hard they would not have been down by 10. He is a SOFT player. No room for him on this team.
You are way off base.

Cooks plays in 90% of the games and 7400 snaps over the last 9 years and hes soft? Whatever.

He got hurt. How did he help them lose?

You clearly have an axe to grind with the player.

You are way off base.

Cooks plays in 90% of the games and 7400 snaps over the last 9 years and hes soft? Whatever.

He got hurt. How did he help them lose?

You clearly have an axe to grind with the player.
What the damn game again. He is soft in big games just like Cam Newton.

I thought he had some flashes last year and would like to think like with most guys from last year that they will do better with BoB.

And don't get me wrong I like him in comparison to spending more and draft capital on Cooks.

But I also think short of going BB going all out for a stud WR that Parker and Meyers are good enough if we get more from behind them and at TE.
On OC Bob being a miracle worker every good OC needs Real Talent. Bob is coming to a Patriots Team which is a far cry from anything he's familiar with. Aside from Rham and maybe T Thornton if he makes the jump who's there?? I am sure Bob is going want a TE version of Gronk and a WR version of Edelman none of those two are on this Team. This is a recurring theme the N.E. Patriots going forward Need Talent on Offense got to keep up with Bills and Dolphins and may be Jets IF they get a serviceable QB they have better Talent on O.

I mean there's no denying he comes in and becomes the best WR in the room.

The problem is I don't think he elevates the room/offense. It's the reason why he's moved so often, imo.

It's also why his time here is so, confusing, for lack of a better term. Statistically he had a pretty good season but pending who you ask, some folks can't even recall 1 meaningful play from that season. Ultimately he was moved because the impact didn't match the price tag.

I don't think that changes in 2023. The price tag probably won't match the impact.

Thoughts:

1.) Cookie has a 26M cap number. 18M guaranteed...which is what the Patriots would need to "eat".

2.) We already have Tyquan Thorton....which is a poor man's Cookie, IMO. And Thorton has 4 inches on Cookie...AND runs a faster 40.

3.) If Cookie were to take a pay cut AND we wouldn't need to give up more than a 5th...sure why not....otherwise...a hard pass.

I want a young guy. No bridge guy for 2 years and on to the next guy north of 30.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back