PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Should we try to land Brandin Cooks?

Pape

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
The way I see it, we are losing Agonyolor and possibly Meyers to free agency... We got Bourne for 1 more year, with his deal up at the end of 2023... There isnt much left in the cupboard... Parker? meh... too inconsistent for my liking... Thornton? gotta show something...

Cooks is not the greatest WR in the league, but is incredibly productive... and was really not a fan of being in Houston last season... we got an "in" in the Houston front office with Caserio... think it would be worth forking over a 2, maybe get back a 6 or whatever ... The Texans dont really need draft capital though, after cleveland doubled up the Texans first and third round selections in the watson trade... But they are really in a full blown rebuild... 6 picks in the first three rounds gives them a lot of flexibility...

We get a reliable receiver who is a legit threat on the field... who's been here before, knows the drill etc... sure he will cost a pretty penny cap wise, but that could be addressed via an extension... I think it would be a good move to make this happen... Would be much happier going into the season with Cooks here...

Yes...but not at the ~$18m he is supposed to receive in cash this year.
Meh seems like he's been in the league forever too like Keenan Allen. I don't think we would be getting the best of those guys at this point in their careers. Of course they would easily be the best WR on our pathetic squad.

Yes...but not at the ~$18m he is supposed to receive in cash this year.
i would have no problem reworking his deal... chunk of cash up front, more cap friendlier terms spread over the length of the proposed extension... dont even care if the aav works out to higher than 18m a year... i think, given what receivers are getting now, 18m for a good receiver is cheap...

9 years

but we gotta do something... the wr situation could become untenable very quickly...
I don't think Cooks would be a good fit here we need a WR who can go over the middle some. Cooks would get killed here.

I’ll take any receiver that is not a flesh magnet and can get some separation.

I don't think Cooks would be a good fit here we need a WR who can go over the middle some. Cooks would get killed here.
next gen stat route trees show him going over the middle more than a few times in 21/22 seasons... interesting take though

next gen stat route trees show him going over the middle more than a few times in 21/22 seasons... interesting take though
Cooks is a much better Player on the outsides with a QB who can throw the football well downfield. Right now I don't know if the N.E. Patriots have that too many questions to be answered.

The way I see it, we are losing Agonyolor and possibly Meyers to free agency... We got Bourne for 1 more year, with his deal up at the end of 2023... There isnt much left in the cupboard... Parker? meh... too inconsistent for my liking... Thornton? gotta show something...

Cooks is not the greatest WR in the league, but is incredibly productive... and was really not a fan of being in Houston last season... we got an "in" in the Houston front office with Caserio... think it would be worth forking over a 2, maybe get back a 6 or whatever ... The Texans dont really need draft capital though, after cleveland doubled up the Texans first and third round selections in the watson trade... But they are really in a full blown rebuild... 6 picks in the first three rounds gives them a lot of flexibility...

We get a reliable receiver who is a legit threat on the field... who's been here before, knows the drill etc... sure he will cost a pretty penny cap wise, but that could be addressed via an extension... I think it would be a good move to make this happen... Would be much happier going into the season with Cooks here...
Not gonna lie Cooks is very consistent and would be much better than Parker who has separation issues. Parker and Mac is not a good fit Cooks 24/7 over Parker who's days are numbered in this league.

Cooks is a much better Player on the outsides with a QB who can throw the football well downfield. Right now I don't know if the N.E. Patriots have that too many questions to be answered.
undoubtedly he does not run a majority of his routes over the middle... though, it was more than I originally imagined compared to what he mostly ran here in '17

undoubtedly he does not run a majority of his routes over the middle... though, it was more than I originally imagined compared to what he mostly ran here in '17
Dam you know what I just remembered Edelman was lost for the year in 2017 season imagine him and Cooks another possible SB victory.

Dam you know what I just remembered Edelman was lost for the year in 2017 season imagine him and Cooks another possible SB victory.
Blow Your Mind Wow GIF by Product Hunt

those damn eagles ruined everything...

i would have no problem reworking his deal... chunk of cash up front, more cap friendlier terms spread over the length of the proposed extension... dont even care if the aav works out to higher than 18m a year... i think, given what receivers are getting now, 18m for a good receiver is cheap...
Me neither. I'd do it.

Speaking of we didn't get what we paid for at that position Bob...Darnell Washington please. I wouldn't say TE is a sneaky Draft Need one can't Block the other can't Catch or get open yeah its a NEED!

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back