PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Shaugnessy: Patriots aren't going anywhere near the Super Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should write him back and ask why the "feeling" of someone who knows jack about football should matter enough to write about.

I wonder if he realizes how damn lucky he is to be in a position to be paid to do this.

We'll spot them 14 and beat them!

If we were in a pub, I'd take a $100 out of my wallet, slap it on the bar, and say, "You're on. Bartender holds the money. It's a Push if neither the Ravens or Steelers goes up 14--0."

Last edited:
...In the divisional round, we'll either get the Bengals or the Texans so our one and done playoff woes should be over right there (even though the Bengals have a good defense and a passing offense that could expose us).....

You'd better check the Seedings again. The NFL doesn't reseed based on final records after the Wild Card round.

Yes, we'd get the Bengals if they beat Houston, but if Cincy loses, Houston goes to Baltimore and we get the lowest seed standing, presumably the Steelers at Number Five after they de-Tebow the Broncos, which the Chiefs didn't make look all that hard yesterday.

My favorite scenario, under the influence, no doubt, of New Year's Cheer at lunch today, would be for the Broncos to beat the Steelers and the Texans to beat the Bengals. That way, we'd get the Broncos in Foxboro and Houston would go to Baltimore. But, it's also possible that :pigsfly::pigsfly:

If we were in a pub, I'd take a $100 out of my wallet, slap it on the bar, and say, "You're on. Bartender holds the money. It's a Push if neither the Ravens or Steelers goes up 14--0."

You have no faith that the Patriots could outscore those two teams by more than 14 in the final 3 quarters? Really?

They spotted the Steelers 10 points, had Gostkowski miss a FG, and had the ball late in the 4th with a chance to go ahead with a TD. They could have easily swung that 14 point turnaround back n October at Heinz.

You have no faith that the Patriots could outscore those two teams by more than 14 in the final 3 quarters? Really?

They spotted the Steelers 10 points, had Gostkowski miss a FG, and had the ball late in the 4th with a chance to go ahead with a TD. They could have easily swung that 14 point turnaround back n October at Heinz.

not only that, the ref Mike Carey screwed up and gave them the safety at the end when it he shouldn't have. it was an illegal batting of the ball into an end zone by polamulu. So in the end, despite being thoroughly outplayed, the pats were in it up until the very end - the steelers really won by only 6 points not including the safety.

Now I'm more confident than ever. Thanks Danny. :rocker:

Never trust a grown man who gets his hair permed. All those perms over the years and the chemicals used in them have damaged this man's brain.

Journalism worldwide is down in the doldrums these days.

Right. And even if you're fortunate enough to keep a good job, you're still down on the business.

At least, that's my sense from the journalists I deal with.

If we could stop the incessant racist diatribes against the red headed peoples I for one would appreciate it.

The CHB needs to be ignored. No link clicks!

Not just red-heads, but curly-heads, step children and boyfriends are all insulted when we refer to him as CHB or RHSC.

I'm still mad at myself for buying his book after the Red Sox 04 World Series, but it had the best picture of Varitek stuffing his catcher's mitt into A-rod's mug.

LOL Shaughnessy. They are anything BUT smoke and mirrors. They come out on defense and have no clue until they make in-game adjustments and settle down. On offense they usually get going early, but lately because of injuries to the O-line it takes them a bit to get going then they are unstoppable. If the D can hang on long enough for the O to get going, then we win. If the O isn't going (i.e. Brady is having a bad day), then we lose. No smoke or mirrors there. Why can't I make the big bucks?

I don't love Shaghnessy. But I do think if we continue having slow starts and spotting our opponents early leads. We won't survive in the playoffs. Hoping the pats prove me wrong.

Can we change the thread title to:

Shaugnessy: Suckers read what I say then complain about it online which is exactly what I want

Last edited:
If we could stop the incessant racist diatribes against the red headed peoples I for one would appreciate it.

The CHB needs to be ignored. No link clicks!

Chill out red. Temper temper.

It’s NOT analysis. It’s opinion. It’s a feeling.
Lighten up, sport.
Happy new year.

yes...I can agree with that...why, only this morning...I had this rumbling feeling in my colon...I ran for the head just in time to deposit a steaming pile of Shaughnessy into the commode...ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

Last edited:
I heard Felcher say this today..."all you have to do is shut down Welker and then what are the Patriots going to do?"...watches a lot of Patriots football he does...
fing20.gif

I heard Felcher say this today..."all you have to do is shut down Welker and then what are the Patriots going to do?"...watches a lot of Patriots football he does...
fing20.gif
You should probably create a new thread about this :cool:

Shaugnessy is the King of Negativity but the article was not a nasty Borges-eques article. The article does not seem unreasonable nor is it excessively negative....

In the playoffs? I don't think they'd come back from 14-0 down to either of those teams. Coming from behind against a very good team is a lot different from outscoring them by two TD's over three quarters in a give and take game.

And, if they could have "swung" that turnaround "easily" in October, then, um, why didn't it happen if it was so easy? There are a lot of "ifs" and "chances" in your comment. As I recall, the closest they got was six points with about two or three minutes to go before Brady fumbled it out of the endzone for a safety on their final possession.

Last edited:
He also said the 2004 Red Sox were a pack of frauds... how did the season end for them again? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft