Welcome to PatsFans.com

Shaugnessy: Patriots aren't going anywhere near the Super Bowl

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by TommyBrady12, Jan 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TommyBrady12

TommyBrady12 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

2. resdubwhite

resdubwhite Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

#87 Jersey
    Just like the Red sox were headed to the play offs last Sept Dan.
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
  3. betterthanthealternative

betterthanthealternative Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Please people, do not read this article. The only way to rid ourselves of this guy is to ignore him. If no one reads his "writing" he won't continue to have a job.
  4. Willie55

Willie55 Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Typical media attempt to get clicks to their website, write something that pisses people off, and watch them forward it to everybody they know.
  5. ausbacker

ausbacker Brady > Manning. PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

#51 Jersey
    Someone should point out to Shaughnessy that games are never won upon the expiration of the first quarter.
  6. Angry Man

Angry Man REV-OH-LU-TION PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I tried to read this but all I read was "blah blah blah."
  7. Hart Lee Chung

Hart Lee Chung Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

This is the press we want. We have always been the consensus pick...flying under the radar is much better. Think back to 2001...no respect at all. And this team is much better. Personally I want to make it to the big show and see the Giants again.
  8. larryo

larryo Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

What a strange way to make a living. Analyzing grown men playing a kids game. Fanboys get close to their idols and then turn on them when they finally realize the players don't want to be their friends. Like a jilted lover they become obsessed with their once upon a time dreamboats. I love it when Belichick treats them like the tool bags they are.
  9. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +58 / 1 / -0

My Jersey:

The Red Headed Stepchild is just another crotchety contrarian in a town full of them. For a guy who profitted on the 8 decade long misery of Red Sox fans, he really enjoy being a wet blanket.
  10. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +78 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

#37 Jersey
    If we could stop the incessant racist diatribes against the red headed peoples I for one would appreciate it.

The CHB needs to be ignored. No link clicks!
  11. stevedogc

stevedogc Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I didnt read the article, but I did see something this morning that is a cause for concern. The Pats did not beat a team with an above .500 record and were 1-2 against playoff teams this season. The only victory coming against Denver. Im pulling hard for the Pats, but I also have my doubts they can win the whole thing.
  12. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +78 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

#37 Jersey
    If you did not have doubts and concerns you'd be mindless. Relax and enjoy the ride.
  13. Bella*chick

Bella*chick Addicted to the light

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Well, last year we had a great record against winning/playoff teams and it meant squat.
  14. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

#75 Jersey
    I totally skipped that article. But I knew that someone would just feel the urge to post it.

The only reason that guy writes during football season is to give him something to do while baseball is out. Not worth reading.
  15. letekro

letekro Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I agree on all points.
  16. letekro

letekro Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

That's a cute way of using statistics to hide the fact that the Raiders, Dolphins, Jets, Cowboys, and Eagles were all good teams, WHEN WE PLAYED THEM.
  17. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I think what Shaughnessy is overlooking is that all the teams suck this year, not just the Pats. The reason the Pats have a good shot at the Superbowl is because we suck less than the rest of the teams. The reality is that it says something about the NFL when 3 QBs get more than 5,000 yards and that the two teams with the best records have, by measure of pass yards allowed, the worst records. The Pats have a really good chance of winning the Superbowl because this is the kind of year where our edge on the coaching side will be very important.
  18. juny

juny Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

#12 Jersey
    Good point. I have no expectations for this playoff run. Just going to sit back and enjoy the ride.
  19. Joker

Joker PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +53 / 2 / -1

My Jersey:

here's Dan, patiently waiting for his first request to autograph his book...it's only been two hours so far but word is somebody MAY show up before the store closes....

[​IMG]
  20. stevedogc

stevedogc Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

The Bills were a good team when we played them earlier in the season too. Does that make them a good overall team? All the teams you mentioned are average teams. The Pats should beat them. The team the Pats will play in the playoffs are all good teams (exclude Denver). The Pats have not beat them yet.
  21. robbomango

robbomango Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

You got more out of it than me.
  22. TommyBrady12

TommyBrady12 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

true, but they just played whoever the league told them to play. it's not the patriots fault that a whole bunch of talented teams like philly, san diego and dallas had sub par years.

the patriots really struggled against teams with great pass rushing ability AND who can also put the ball in the end zone like Giants and Pitt. Pitt is the main threat in the AFC but Ben is hurting and Mendenhall may be out for the year with a torn ACL. Baltimore can pass rush but they are not good offensively.
  23. DarrylStingley

DarrylStingley Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Hey, the Curly Haired Biyatch is a load of manure who writes whatever he thinks will get him the most clicks.

Hey, we all know that the Pats have issues and are not a good defensive team.

Hey, no one views this Pats team with the kind of confidence we had in 2003, 2004 and, sadly, 2007.

But let's not go too far. The Eagles were way below .500 when the Pats played them and only rallied late. The Cowboys were never that good this season. They always played like a .500 team. The Raiders were good/not great, when the Pats played them. The Pats played the Fins in week one and that team didn't win a game against anyone for a while.

These Patriots haven't beaten many good teams, and the 8-0 run to end the season was against only bad teams (except Denver, who went on to lose its next two games).
  24. NYCPatsFan

NYCPatsFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

A W E S O M E!!

Really. :)

I am now convinced that we ARE going to the SB now that Mr. Shaugnessy has started his pontifications against the Pats.

Here's praying that the Mr. Masserotti (? i don't even want to waste time looking for his correct name; referring to the former BH-now BG reporter who just loves the Pats and their fans) also predicts that the Pats are one-and-done.
  25. letekro

letekro Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I don't know what a "good overall team" is. The dolphins are 6-3 after starting 0-7. In their last 9 games, they were a completely different team, i.e., a good team. The Raiders were a completely different team after Campbell went down. Last year the Packers were a mediocre team all year and then became a great team by the end. The year the pats went 16-0, they were not a very good team by the end of the year, while the giants, who had a worse record, were peaking. I don't know what is hard for you to understand here.
  26. Sean Pa Patriot

Sean Pa Patriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

#12 Jersey
    i think we will be the biggest number 1 seed underdog inthe history of pro football.. which is fine with, the key is for cincy to beat the texans... which is not impossible... there is no way denver will beat pitt.. so i want pitt and baltimore to beat each other up... and then have them face us....
  27. BradyFTW!

BradyFTW! PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

#12 Jersey
    I would rather that this be the press surrounding the Pats than last year's near-unanimous crowning. Will make it all the more entertaining if hey go and win it all again.
  28. 37Harrison

37Harrison Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

#12 Jersey
    While this may have some validity, there is no team in the afc playoffs that i think the pats can't beat. They pats, saints, and packers will beat everyone the same way... by playing great offense which in todays nfl is the best defense.

Once the pats get to the superbowl this year, i do fear the packers and saints as they can match brady and the pats offense. Should be a great superbowl this year!
  29. letekro

letekro Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Agreed, but don't forget about the NYG--Manning is playing great, has tremendous weapons on the outside with Cruz and Nicks, Bradshaw is healthy, and that DL is healthy and can bring the heat. Wouldn't be at all surprised if they are in the SB.
  30. BradyManny

BradyManny Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

The part that Shaugnessy and others are missing is that as flawed as this Patriots team is, there is no team in either the NFC or AFC that has less flaws - and has a noticeably greater chance of winning.

I can't remember which Red Sox team adopted the motto, but I think "why not us" applies to this year's Pats team. There's no reason they can't win it all.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.