PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Semi OT: Seattle and NE Sports Culture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seattle is like a teenager the first time they get some. Everything is wonderful until it isn't. Wait and see what they are like in 10 years. After not getting back to the Game. After players leave and Carrol starts making excuses. After Wilson gets injured and isn't quite the same. It's great comparing a few good seasons with another regions team. But you need to feel the history of the team, the heart breaks, as well as the triumphs. We know what can happen, we worry and fret. We still love the team and support it. We just know the agony all too well!

Jacksonville? Yeah, I was there and was honestly worried that my teenage sons (who were sitting in another section) might get beat up by those freaks.

We crossed the river and went to a restaurant - five minutes later, the host comes in with his face all bloodied, courtesy of Eagles' fans who were mad that he let some Pats fans in.

I'm 43 now and I think in the span of the 3 days I was there was baited by more drunks to fight than I was almost my entire time in college.

I'm still bitter about that whole weekend. Only time I didn't have my head on a swivel was golf on Friday and Saturday.

Yeah, I know. I think they really are starting to go overboard with that whole "12th man" thing.

Their stadium was built for it..they are no louder then other teams

Yeah, I know. I think they really are starting to go overboard with that whole "12th man" thing.

Starting? Its been overblown for quite sometime. Where was the "12's" SB 40?

same fans who didn't care about their supersonics? same fans who absolutely don't give a crap about mariners?

seattle is not a good sports town. they were in a happy mood because they just won the SB!! they are a classic fair weather fans. and they don't live and die seahawks. they are loud because that's how stadium is built. it's a great experience, but they don't live seahawks 24/7.

a great sports cities are chicago, detroit, and boston.
You have no clue. Seattle loved the Supersonics. The team was sold by a formerly respected local business leader (Howard Schulz, Starbucks guy) to out of town owners who promised to keep the team in Seattle... until they tried to extort money out of strapped local government and used that as an excuse to move them to 3rd or 4th-tier city, Oklahoma City. Lame all around by the rich guys but not because of lousy fan support.

yeah...uh...except for the ancient Indian tribes that have lived there for thousands of years.Duwamish or Suquamish ring any bells? After all, they've been THERE since the end of the last Ice Age (over 8 thousand years ago). Gee, guess that's a NEW weird eccentricity and social ignorance built up out there recently.

"
From the 1800s, the maritime fur trade in the Puget Sound-Strait of Georgia accelerated the pace of social and organizational change.[23] White settlements at sbuh-KWAH-buks (Alki) and what is now Pioneer Square in Downtown Seattle were established in 1851 and 1852.

By the time Coast Salish began to realize the implications of the changes brought by Europeans at ever-increasing rates, the time was late. After just five years, lands were occupied; the Treaty of Point Elliott was signed in 1855. There is question about its legitimacy, from the lack of understanding of the two sides about each other to the motivations of the U.S. government and its agents.[24] Whites recognized leaders more or less at their own choosing, bypassing what they saw as the maddening fluidity of tribal leadership. The potlatch was widely banned, and the longhouse soon suppressed.[16]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duwamish_tribe

I mean, it's got to be some kind of built in West Coast bias against us here in New England. Why else would you make such ignorant remarks? Branding us as eccentrics and social misfits, ignorant and weird? Jeezus , Cobain, lay off the Seattle heroin/crack concoctions.
Yeah. Obviously there people here before "the white man" arrived but there was no city. It would have been much better if the white settlers who came to Puget Sound were more progressive than they were but not the case. Fortunately, many of the surviving native tribes have managed to do ok, particularly more recently. What's the status of native American's who were in the Boston area way back when?

At this writing, 'Hawks just scored their first points (in the 3rd quarter) and the "12th man" was clearly psyched to have a reason to get into the game... Come back and tell us how they took the loss, if they do lose

Will do. I wish Rogers weren't so smart and tough. Still, we can hear Green Bay spincters tightening from 1800 miles away.

Last edited:
Will do. I wish Rogers weren't so smart and tough. Still, we can hear Green Bay spinsters tightening from 1800 miles away.
Not to mention a few from Boston.

Okay let me know how they take it when we beat them in the SB... :)

Finally... after these commercial messages...

At this writing, 'Hawks just scored their first points (in the 3rd quarter) and the "12th man" was clearly psyched to have a reason to get into the game... Come back and tell us how they took the loss, if they do lose
And?

And.... I'm back. We're SO excited to play Pats. After today, who knows what will happen. But I think the Seahawks might have a little confidence. It would be really fun and (dare I say historic) if the Seahawks manage to beat NE in the Superbowl. Wilson to equal Brady's early career heroics would be very cool. For Seahawks fans. ;-)

So, what's up? Looking forward to playing the hawks in two weeks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back