PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seems like other NFL teams fans are finally coming around about Pats "cheating"

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrogansArmy

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I was surfing other boards to see the opinions of other teams fans on the Collins trade, and came across this gem:

Thread Title: That's Why The Cheatriots Traded Collins

I gotta say I was surprised by many of the responses getting on the OP's ass for saying 'Cheatriots'. One guy even gave a very sound and true explanation (as we all view it - unless your name is Felger) of both spygate and deflategate:

You lose credibility with the Cheateriots comments if you ask me.

Spy gate they deserved what they got but if you take the time to understand what transpired you probably wouldn't call them cheaters. They misunderstood the rules. The misconception is they were fined for filming other teams. That's not true they were fined not for the taping but for where the taping occurred. They claim they misunderstood the rules. (Which is likely true) Everyone was taping back then and still are but there are rules and NE broke one of them. Had they filmed from the media booth like they were allowed to do they wouldn't have been fined. They were fined for filming from an unotherized location.

Deflate gate was a joke and a witch hunt that cost Goodell credibility. He had no evidence at all. He only won because of language in the CBA that said he could do whatever he wants to do in terms of punishment. One judge criticized him heavily for his actions.

I'm not going to debate either with anyone but if you really take the time to understand what really went on in both cases you'd probably see NE in a diferent light. I'm not a NE fan or a Brady fan but I understand that they got a raw deal for doing what every team does.

Onto Collins ......

Collins is a me first player. He was free lancing on plays and thought he was worth Von Miller money.

He found out he was expendable. The truth has now come out and it will hurt him come contract time. He won't get what he thinks he's worth. Likely CLE will be forced to tag him or let him hit FA.

Personally I think what BB did here was pure genius.

He had a player asking for crazy money and was freelancing to boost his stats. Obviously looking not at the team but at his pay day come free agency.

BB could pay the man which is condoning his behaviour. Or he could bench him, isolate him and lose him come free agency. Which in turn sends the message to other players that they can do the same. Or he could trade him to a dog house team like CLE. Then announce his free Lansing to the world. Hurting his free agent stock and future endorsement money.

BB sent a message to his players that he won't tolerate this type of behavior.
"When I die I want the Detroit Lions to be my pallbearer's so they can let me down one last time." "I hope they sing the song Another One Bites the Dust for me."

Thought he was a pats fan as he sounded very knowledgeable about us, but looking at his avi - guess not. Then reading the multiple other responses defending us gives me hope that perhaps one day we won't have to keep constantly defending our team.

I mean yeah, there'll always be the die-hard haters especially in the AFCE, but its made me realize that hey, maybe fans of other teams are now finally coming around to seeing that its all been about Goodell all along and the pats really didn't do anything egregious.

Anyways I found it quite refreshing after reading responses about the Collins trade on Bills/Jets boards /shudder. Course it could be because its an NFC team and they don't seem to generally hate us as much as AFC teams.

Few other responses:
Cheatriots? God, get over it already....

Read Air's post. There is nothing there that you probably don't already know and have rejected, but the conduct of the commissioner was grossly egregious the second time around and the commissioner only proved that the Patriots and Brady didn't cheat, when they released false air pressure readings, let them stand in the court of public opinion for four months before releasing the real measurements, stopped gathering evidence when the Indianapolis balls were under-inflated, too, hired an independent investigator who was anything but independent, lied about that, then concluded the bias of the investigator didn't matter.

Link to thread: That's Why The Cheatriots Traded Collins

Last edited:
It's always nice to see logic and reason where there is usually none...
I've gotten to the point where if someone wants to discount the Patriots and their accomplishments as simple cheaters, I just laugh and keep moving. Not worth it at this point.

People know the Patriots are great organization and most of the cheating talk comes from a pure jealousy point of view. Roger is so dumb.. I hate him... I lost some respect for the league in general. It was a ****ing joke.

I'm used to the hate. Patriots and their fans have it rough, but anime fans have it far worse. Kids are bullied in school for liking anime and fans are typcally labelled as pathetic virgins who are all losers. Its hard being a Patriots fan and its hard being an anime fan. Its even harder being a fan of both...

It's always nice to see logic and reason where there is usually none...
I've gotten to the point where if someone wants to discount the Patriots and their accomplishments as simple cheaters, I just laugh and keep moving. Not worth it at this point.

That's basically the point I'm at now - I don't even notice the labels anymore, and if they start going all hardcore conspiracy I just move on. On this guys thread tho normally I'd just skip it as anyone using 'cheatriots' label is just gonna blah blah on about stupid ****, but I honestly just wanted to see what he had to say about Collins and then saw all the posts defending us and had to share.

I'm used to the hate. Patriots and their fans have it rough, but anime fans have it far worse. Kids are bullied in school for liking anime and fans are typcally labelled as pathetic virgins who are all losers. Its hard being a Patriots fan and its hard being an anime fan. Its even harder being a fan of both...

I'm not as into anime as 2 of my friends are but there are a few that are awesome!

Death Note
Full Metal Alchemist
Attack on Titan

Those are epic!

Last edited:
Death Note is amazing

Now I want to see Belichick anime-ized! Google let me down. What color should his hair be? Or, can't we see it for his hood? If you draw, can you make it happen?

Not sure why anime fans get bullied. Isn't that just cartoons? I lovvve cartoons, some of my fave shows are like simpsons, south park, king of the hill, etc... even spongebob!

I was surfing other boards to see the opinions of other teams fans on the Collins trade, and came across this gem:

Thread Title: That's Why The Cheatriots Traded Collins

I gotta say I was surprised by many of the responses getting on the OP's ass for saying 'Cheatriots'. One guy even gave a very sound and true explanation (as we all view it - unless your name is Felger) of both spygate and deflategate:

Thought he was a pats fan as he sounded very knowledgeable about us, but looking at his avi - guess not. Then reading the multiple other responses defending us gives me hope that perhaps one day we won't have to keep constantly defending our team.

I mean yeah, there'll always be the die-hard haters especially in the AFCE, but its made me realize that hey, maybe fans of other teams are now finally coming around to seeing that its all been about Goodell all along and the pats really didn't do anything egregious.

Anyways I found it quite refreshing after reading responses about the Collins trade on Bills/Jets boards /shudder. Course it could be because its an NFC team and they don't seem to generally hate us as much as AFC teams.

Few other responses:

Link to thread: That's Why The Cheatriots Traded Collins
We don't spank the Lions in Conference Championship games multiple times...

Not sure why anime fans get bullied. Isn't that just cartoons? I lovvve cartoons, some of my fave shows are like simpsons, south park, king of the hill, etc... even spongebob!

I think anime fans are bullied because anime is seen as "different and an easy target". I assume most of you are over 25 (just a guess) so you weren't in school when the hate for anime fans increased. Nowadays you'll be bullied and called a loser for liking it. During the DBZ days it wasn't as bad, but the hate has gotten really out of hand.

It more began when the term "weeaboo" got overused and misused. Collecting anime merch and talking about anime publicy is frowned upon nowadays. I feel bad for kids who need to hide anime in school due to the fear of being bullied. Heck, even I was bullied for it at times in middle and early highschool.

@JarOfMayo51
@ArchAngel007

Yeah, Death Note was good!

Its japanese anime mostly, so its a much different style artistically than american cartoons, and they tend to be way deeper as far as plot and storyline goes

Maybe its just because its "different", but I'm not aware of any statistics on bullying as it relates to anything, so i have no idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back