PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seems like other NFL teams fans are finally coming around about Pats "cheating"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Framegate also known as Deflategate did more to damage Goodell's and the NFL's image then it did Brady and the Patriots. I think players respect Brady for standing up to Goodell and Brady's excellence since Deflategate has made Goodell look bad. Instead of Brady, it's Rodgers who people look at as being affected by the PSI changes.

I'm used to the hate. Patriots and their fans have it rough, but anime fans have it far worse. Kids are bullied in school for liking anime and fans are typcally labelled as pathetic virgins who are all losers. Its hard being a Patriots fan and its hard being an anime fan. Its even harder being a fan of both...
Really? I always thought it was cool. I guess I'm a nerd.:)

Just posting the image you referenced.

mega_man_x_new_england_patriot_armor_2015_by_hbgoo-d98mozz.jpg

Ian make me mod so I can dole out some justice.

A colleague of mine (an educator) found out I am a pats fan and proceeded to call them cheaters. I then asked him what he knew about those events to which he replied not very much. I pointed out his hypocrisy as an educator and he never joked about it again.

Over time, I think a lot of people who once thought, based upon limited information, that the Patriots are cheaters have concluded that they really aren't. However, I also think a lot of them continue to say they are because they know it pisses us off. Also, casual, uninformed fans are much more likely to believe it's actually true.

It's interesting to see people's responses to events depending on the circumstances. I didn't know about this until yesterday, but in the Carolina-Arizona game, there was a play where Carson Palmer was hit, lost the ball and it was returned for a TD. All turnovers and scoring plays are supposed to be reviewed, but there was an issue with the replay system and they went with the call on the field. If they had been able to review the play, they would have seen that Palmer's arm was going forward and it should have been ruled an incomplete pass. Since the replay system was down, though, the call couldn't be reviewed and overturned, so the TD stood.

That sounds like bad luck and bad timing for the Cardinals, but imagine if those events had played out in Foxboro. The announcers would be saying that something underhanded took place and "those things" always seem to happen at Gillette. The opposing head coach would be making a big deal about it after the game, some players would be saying it was cheating and the media would have a field day with it. Since it happened in Carolina, though, it's a minor footnote from the weekend.

How this applies to the Patriots is that the league runs the replay system, not the home team, just like the league runs the communications systems. Any issues with it go back to the NFL, not the home team.

I'm active on a Lions forum and i'll say there are a bunch of guys that think of the Patriots as cheaters. some are still pretty vocal about it. The NFL and the Media did a good job.
And I'll add a number of them are Michigan fans. I can understand the Sparty fans hating the Pats because of Brady.

Oh yeah, I will find some time to read the 396 pages of the Collins thread, but when people say BB sent Collins to no mans land Cleveland, I think that's a bit of a reach, I don't think BB chooses where to send players (maybe where not to send like inside the division) , he trades according to what the market offers.

Right but if he got an identical deal from the Browns and, say, the Steelers which team do you think BB would have traded him to?

It's interesting to see people's responses to events depending on the circumstances. I didn't know about this until yesterday, but in the Carolina-Arizona game, there was a play where Carson Palmer was hit, lost the ball and it was returned for a TD. All turnovers and scoring plays are supposed to be reviewed, but there was an issue with the replay system and they went with the call on the field. If they had been able to review the play, they would have seen that Palmer's arm was going forward and it should have been ruled an incomplete pass. Since the replay system was down, though, the call couldn't be reviewed and overturned, so the TD stood.

The Tuck Rule is gone so it doesn't matter what is arm was doing. That's a fumble.

Oh yeah, I will find some time to read the 396 pages of the Collins thread, but when people say BB sent Collins to no mans land Cleveland, I think that's a bit of a reach, I don't think BB chooses where to send players (maybe where not to send like inside the division) , he trades according to what the market offers.
I agree. If the Jets had offered a better pick, he'd be a Jet right now.

People keep forgetting that Cleveland gave us what will very likely be a 3rd round pick for the right to have the exclusive right for the next 4 months to sign him long term. THAT's all. 8 games in a season that's going no where. If you understand the stock market, that's like trying to hit on a deep out of the money call option in a bad market. The Pats sold that option and now have that money in their pockets. All the Browns have is what all option buyers have.....hope.

So when you look at it from that angle, the Pats actually got the most of what market would bear. No one beat Cleveland's offer. When BB traded Bledsoe withing the division, he proved he didn't give a sh!t where the player would go. All he cared about was who gave him the best value for the asset

I was surfing other boards to see the opinions of other teams fans on the Collins trade, and came across this gem:

Thread Title: That's Why The Cheatriots Traded Collins

I gotta say I was surprised by many of the responses getting on the OP's ass for saying 'Cheatriots'. One guy even gave a very sound and true explanation (as we all view it - unless your name is Felger) of both spygate and deflategate:

Thought he was a pats fan as he sounded very knowledgeable about us, but looking at his avi - guess not. Then reading the multiple other responses defending us gives me hope that perhaps one day we won't have to keep constantly defending our team.

I mean yeah, there'll always be the die-hard haters especially in the AFCE, but its made me realize that hey, maybe fans of other teams are now finally coming around to seeing that its all been about Goodell all along and the pats really didn't do anything egregious.

Anyways I found it quite refreshing after reading responses about the Collins trade on Bills/Jets boards /shudder. Course it could be because its an NFC team and they don't seem to generally hate us as much as AFC teams.

Few other responses:

Link to thread: That's Why The Cheatriots Traded Collins
It really might be changing. Last week i read an article about the pats, don't remember where i read it or exactly what it was about. (Most likely yahoo about bradys play post return) i wnet to the comments to gage the rection. I wnet through the first ten comments and not One referred to the pats as cheaters, i almost made a thread about it like you did. I chalk this up to the teams play in the four games without brady, and TFBs stellar play when he came back. The team and brady have proved they don't need to and nevr have cheated to play great.

Last edited:
I don't buy it at all. There a few rational fans from other teams that express a positive opinion on the subject but it seems that most fans aren't rational when it comes to the pats

I thought this was a Bronie....

brony1.jpg

Your post suggests that you see a distinction between that gentleman and those who enjoy masturbating to children's cartoons about ponies. I am not sure that is the case...

Your post suggests that you see a distinction between that gentleman and those who enjoy masturbating to children's cartoons about ponies. I am not sure that is the case...

It isn't. I just Googled "Bronie" and that's what popped up. I think it's more along the lines of grown-ass men who dress up in MLP costumes and go to conventions and watch shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back