PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seau on his potential return

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
Re: Seau on his return

The Tank Williams injury opens a door at LB. With Mayo and Crable looking good on Thursday, Junior wouldn't have to be counted on as a full time player. I certainly hope he returns.

The Tank Williams injury opens a door at LB. With Mayo and Crable looking good on Thursday, Junior wouldn't have to be counted on as a full time player. I certainly hope he returns.

I'd think Seau could rotate with Bruschi.

I'd think Seau could rotate with Bruschi.

that would be awesome, seau and bru rotating with mayo taking majority of the snaps and lets not forget bout hobson either...

Lets see how Mayo and Crable perform when a REAL NFL RB comes thru the middle - Ray Rice is no Willis McGahee who I think if healthy, McGahee may have a tremendous year for the Ravens.

Lets see how Mayo and Crable perform when a REAL NFL RB comes thru the middle
Crable will largely be on the sidelines. You think Mayo won't be able to do the job against an NFL RB ? Or you have doubts ? :disagreement:

Shut this **** down you rednecks

He's healthy enough to surf a lot but not to play football.

That actually makes sense ... :D

He's healthy enough to surf a lot but not to play football.

That actually makes sense ... :D

Not sure what you mean here, but if you are surfing and get beat up by a wave can sit down and retain your balance.. if you are in the NFL and take a shot, tough to regroup.. surfing is relaxing the NFL is a war.. raisins and grapefruits.

that would be awesome, seau and bru rotating with mayo taking majority of the snaps and lets not forget bout hobson either...

Seau/Bruschi - Mayo/Hobson

sounds good to me.

Not sure what you mean here, but if you are surfing and get beat up by a wave can sit down and retain your balance.. if you are in the NFL and take a shot, tough to regroup.. surfing is relaxing the NFL is a war.. raisins and grapefruits.

Right.

I was NOT being sarcastic.

I also was focused on the fact that his biggest health issue seems to be collarbone. If he has the good sense to stay on actual sandy beaches, he can probably keep that pretty protected while surfing ...

Coming back from rotator surgery takes time. What it impacts is the ability to train with weights to get in football shape. Obviously we know where he is and he knows where we are, literally and figuratively. Junior is the unsigned captain of the shadow roster. He may not be ready to strap 'em on til PUP time or later, and this way he can do his thing on his terms until or unless there is a need for him on the roster.

I know it's wishful thinking but it'd be nice to hear Bingo and Ty Law come out and articulate something similar... OK, maybe delusional in Ty's case...

I don't think Belichick is going to sign Seau until the 2nd cutdown date. I think we're still strong enough to continue the youth movement there.

I don't think Belichick is going to sign Seau until the 2nd cutdown date. I think we're still strong enough to continue the youth movement there.
I don't think he'll sign him until the season starts and the last waivers have been sent to the practice squads. Then, when everyone else's roster is set, sometime after the first regular season game, he'll cut that last guy he wants to sneak onto the practice squad and sign Seau.

I don't think he'll sign him until the season starts and the last waivers have been sent to the practice squads. Then, when everyone else's roster is set, sometime after the first regular season game, he'll cut that last guy he wants to sneak onto the practice squad and sign Seau.

Pretty much. I have a feeling Seau will be with this team, but it will be later in the year when he is healthy and the Pats know more about what they have with their roster situation. Of course he'll have to pass the physical first too.

Good job grasshopper. That's the way BB thinks.

i was really impressed by seau last year. i know the general consensus is younger/faster, but i dont think seau was a weak point by any means last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes