PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sean Taylor Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's always sad when someone so young dies. It's even sadder when that death is violent. He woke up that day unaware that he would never see the sun rise again, or that when evening came it would be the last time he tucked his daughter into bed, or see his fiance's face. It's sadder still when that young man had such a bright future. However, that all pales in comparison to the sadness his daughter will feel as she grows up without her father. At around one year old, she will have no memories of her the man who helped bring her into the world. The only way she will ever know her dad is through pictures, videos, and family stories. That is the real tragedy here. Hopefully they catch the scum that did this, and bring them to justice.

Last edited:
#2) To your point: "NFL Security can't seem to protect its assets". What????? He was 650 miles away from his team in Florida at the time. Should "NFL Security" hire Secret Service Agents for every one of the 1700+ NFL players when they fan out across the country? It's not an "NFL Security" problem.

So where do YOU think the problem is?

And what of the Denver CB who was shot and killed in Denver, he wasn't 650 miles away and he still died from a gunshot wound...

I do think it's a security issue and no I'm not saying they should have body guards or "Secret Service Agents" but are the players being educated on issues/crimes in there areas? Have they been told what areas to avoid( ie- high crime areas, known "gang turf", etc) when they become drafted and move to a completely new city... Are they giving advise on the safest neighborhoods to buy a house in? ETC, ETC... I am... Everytime the Air Force moves me to a new city or I get deployed to protect ASSETS, I am told all this information... The Air Force does this to protect THEIR ASSETS, us, the troops... Since I came from Miami to Atlanta, Miami is no joke, you have just about every gang imaginable there, and if you don't know where their "turf" is, or if you don't know were the "high crime" is at, you aren't educating yourself and protecting yourself... I'm not saying it's his fault either, it's tragic, sad, horrific. I wish it never happened, as does everyone, but something is wrong.. I'll be curious to know if the NFL does perform some sort of class educating the players on stuff that I've mentioned...

Last edited:
I do think it's a security issue and no I'm not saying they should have body guards or "Secret Service Agents" but are the players being educated on issues/crimes in there areas? Have they been told what areas to avoid( ie- high crime areas, known "gang turf", etc) when they become drafted and move to a completely new city... Are they giving advise on the safest neighborhoods to buy a house in?

Taylor wasn't living in inner city Miami. He was in a beautiful area full of luxury homes, on a block which has zero crime. His house was surrounded by a wall and a gate that had to be buzzed to open. His neighbors commented that the events surrounding this incident are unheard of in that neighborhood. The break ins, the knife left on his bed afterwards, the second attempted break in, and finally this event. He is from Miami, and knows the area well. This was not a random act of violence. Someone targeted the man and marked him for death. It was not a burglary, it was an execution.

Last edited:
Cities that have NFL teams in them...

Not NFL Security. They do everything in their power. They can't put these players in a lock-down. The players go out into American society on their off days. You just pointed out "Miami" and "Atlanta". Those are cities, not the NFL.

I'm done... This of course, is just my opinion... I can't recall a time where 4 active NFL players died in the same year...

Someone targeted the man and marked him for death. It was not a burglary, it was an execution.

This I can/could agree with.. It's on odd way to execute though... Shooting someone in the leg...

So where do YOU think the problem is?

And what of the Denver CB who was shot and killed in Denver, he wasn't 650 miles away and he still died from a gunshot wound...

I do think it's a security issue and no I'm not saying they should have body guards or "Secret Service Agents" but are the players being educated on issues/crimes in there areas? Have they been told what areas to avoid( ie- high crime areas, known "gang turf", etc) when they become drafted and move to a completely new city... Are they giving advise on the safest neighborhoods to buy a house in? ETC, ETC... I am... Everytime the Air Force moves me to a new city or I get deployed to protect ASSETS, I am told all this information... The Air Force does this to protect THEIR ASSETS, us, the troops... Since I came from Miami to Atlanta, Miami is no joke, you have just about every gang imaginable there, and if you don't know where their "turf" is, or if you don't know were the "high crime" is at, you aren't educating yourself and protecting yourself... I'm not saying it's his fault either, it's tragic, sad, horrific. I wish it never happened, as does everyone, but something is wrong.. I'll be curious to know if the NFL does perform some sort of class educating the players on stuff that I've mentioned...

The NFL has a rookie orientation program where all this kind of stuff is covered in great detail. Miami was Taylor's home turf and there is no telling who/what he might have been involved with, past or present, that may have led to this. I don't think the league bears any responsibility for managing a player's life decisions beyond what it does when they're first drafted.

The NFL has a rookie orientation program where all this kind of stuff is covered in great detail. Miami was Taylor's home turf and there is no telling who/what he might have been involved with, past or present, that may have led to this. I don't think the league bears any responsibility for managing a player's life decisions beyond what it does when they're first drafted.

Exactly, and they can't. The NFLPA says that they cannot lock them down.

A young father was killed yesterday/today. Right now, in the first few hours, it's just time to mourn the tragedy. (And to hope that the perpetrators are apprehended).

Re: O.T. Sean Taylor Dead

It's just awful that this happened. All my thoughts and prayers go out to his friends,family and the Redskins.

This really surprised me because even though I knew he was in critical condition, I didn't really think he could die... I mean, in this day and age with medical technology, I figured, oh he'll be back next season.
That was a big reality check.

Read his life was turning around when he got more and more responsible with the birth of his daughter. This is a real shame. RIP

This is an extremely weird situation; if whoever was out to get him actually wanted to kill him, why shoot him in the leg?

I honestly have no idea what's going on here; I imagine eventually we'll learn more, but I'm not sure if we'll want to.

This I can/could agree with.. It's on odd way to execute though... Shooting someone in the leg...

Yea, but imagine the circumstances. It was the middle of the night, probably very dark in the room, Taylor woke up after hearing a noise. The odds are that the gunman just fired at him without really caring who he hit, or where he hit him. As fate would have it, he severed a crucial artery.

This is an extremely weird situation; if whoever was out to get him actually wanted to kill him, why shoot him in the leg?

He was shot in the groin, not the leg. It's possible (though improbable) that they were shooting for his manhood. But reports have said that he got up to lock the door with a machete in hand but the guy(s) kicked down the door and popped off two shots. One hit, one miss. I doubt the assailants aimed for the leg. They probably just squeezed twice and hope it hit; even guys professionally trained in CQB would have trouble aiming at a guy after kicking in a door.

leg wounds from a gun shot are severly life threatening the largest artery in the body runs through your thigh. sever it and you loose blood very quickly

I honestly have no idea what's going on here; I imagine eventually we'll learn more, but I'm not sure if we'll want to.
Not to get all Gil Grissom here, but I bet the killer probably knows Taylor quite personally and maybe that's why he/she couldn't shoot him in the head/face.

He was shot in the groin, not the leg. It's possible (though improbable) that they were shooting for his manhood. But reports have said that he got up to lock the door with a machete in hand but the guy(s) kicked down the door and popped off two shots. One hit, one miss. I doubt the assailants aimed for the leg. They probably just squeezed twice and hope it hit; even guys professionally trained in CQB would have trouble aiming at a guy after kicking in a door.

You're completely misunderstanding the term groin. Most people do. The groin is the entire area beginning where the thigh meets the hip, and stretching across to the point where the opposite thigh meets the hip joint, and extends downwards to the mid thigh. He was not shot in the genitals. Common misinterpretation, and the vague reporting doesn't help.

Last edited:
Just about as hideous as you can get. And it sounds like he'd been turning his life around, growing up, etc... RIP.

You're completely misunderstanding the term groin. Most people do. The groin is the entire area beginning where the thigh meets the hip, and stretching across to the point where the opposite thigh meets the hip joint, and extends downwards to the mid thigh. He was not shot in the genitals. Common misinterpretation, and the vague reporting doesn't help.

No, I know the medical definition of groin (and I know where the femoral artery runs). Like I said, it was highly improbable, just something playing in my head (guns aren't 100% accurate all the time)... I highly doubt there was any intent to aim at anything. Like I said, I think the gunman just squeezed the trigger a couple times and hoped he hit something. Gunfights between trained professionals in close quarters often result in 20 shots with no hits. Sidearms in an enclosed environment like a house in likely untrained hands are hardly precise weapons.

Some people here need to sit down and reflect on their comments. This was a young man who had a young child. Whether he was a bad apple or not, by all accounts he was trying to turn things around.

My heart goes out to his family and that little girl of his. She has to grow up without a Dad. Think about that for a minute before some of you post stupid comments...

I hope SOMEBODY finds the intruder

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST