PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sean Taylor Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
RIP Sean.

My prayers go out to family, friends and the entire Redskin organization.

Wow. That's really sad. He just had a little girl about a year ago.

What a friggin' world we live in. People try to steal your stuff, and as if that's not bad enough, they take your life, on top of it. Take it from your family and loved ones.

His dad is the police chief of Florida City, so you know there will be a full-blown push by Metro-Dade police to find the bastard who did this.

I am truly disgusted and saddened by the way this poor kid's life ended. 24-years old.

Horrible.

R.I.P. Hurricane Sean...

http://www.miamiherald.com/606/story/322222.html

Excerpt...

''Nothing was stolen. They shot at him and fled,'' Sharpstein said.

He said phone lines to the home had been cut and that Taylor's girlfriend had to call 911 on a cellphone.

Among the first responders was George Mira Jr., who lettered as a linebacker at UM from 1984-87 and is now a fire battalion chief. Detective Juan Villalba, a Miami-Dade police spokesman, said police were interviewing relatives who were potential witnesses.

Only eight days before, according to police records, someone had broken into Taylor's house between 7 p.m. Nov. 17 and midnight Nov. 18. The intruder, who pried open a front window, entered several rooms and rifled through drawers and a safe in the bedroom.

In that incident, someone left a kitchen knife on a bed, the police report says.

Police don't yet know if the two events could be related.

Our thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends.

Very sad news, the NFL has lost a tremendously talented football player and a little girl has lost a devoted father.

It's a sad day in the NFL... I was in my work truck on the flightline getting ready to be relieved from my post when the news broke on 680AM(Atlanta sports radio station) at 0530... I sat there in shock for a good five minutes... How many of my fellow soldiers have been shot and survived? How many have been shot in the leg and survived? What of his girlfriend/fiance? She witnessed him being shot, that is going to stay with her for the rest of her life... She is going to have nightmares, she is going to look at her child, and see images of Sean being shot, all the blood surrounding him, the panic of trying to call 911 and ultimately dying... God, what a nightmare... We are going through a "faze" in the NFL right now, and something is VERY, VERY wrong, 4 active players have DIED this year alone, 2 by gunshot wounds... Something needs to be fixed and quickly... Being in security and military police protecting multi-million dollar planes and people on a base, I would look there first because the NFL Security can't seem to protect its assets, which are the players. What a sad day it is... RIP Sean Taylor

RIP. I remember I wanted BB to move up to take him in that draft. It's so sad, because he had a troubled life but had seemed to turn it around. Hopefully this will serve as a moment of clarity to other young NFLer's. :(

My thoughts and prayers goes out to his family. RIP Sean :(

Terrible news. Not much to be said that hasn't already been said on this thread, except that judging from what i've heard it sounds like Sean Taylor was murdered rather than killed in a robbery gone wrong. My thoughts are with his family, especially his girlfriend and child who had to witness this attack.

RIP

My God, last night they said he was responsive and squeezing a nurse's hand!

I live down here in DC and I feel just awful for these poor people. They don't deserve this.

RIP Sean Taylor. What a horrible, horrible thing to happen.

I'm speechless.

That's a shame. My heart goes out to his family. :(
I just heard about it on WEEI. But I had to change the channel. D&C are an absolute disgrace, and so are some of their callers. :mad:
One chick had the nerve to call the man a thug. She doesn't even know him.
That show is absolutely disgraceful. I will never listen to them again.

Signs point to this not being a random act. I'm wondering why someone would intentionally go gunning for Taylor.

This was the news we all feared. Terrible news and so young aswell. My thoughts are certainly with his family today.

Sleep well Sean.

Thank God this crime did not occur in Massachusetts, . . .

To paraphrase a thread on the Extremeskins forum, this is not the proper thread for politics. Worth discussing, yes, but, please, not here.

It's a sad day in the NFL... I was in my work truck on the flightline getting ready to be relieved from my post when the news broke on 680AM(Atlanta sports radio station) at 0530... I sat there in shock for a good five minutes... How many of my fellow soldiers have been shot and survived? How many have been shot in the leg and survived? What of his girlfriend/fiance? She witnessed him being shot, that is going to stay with her for the rest of her life... She is going to have nightmares, she is going to look at her child, and see images of Sean being shot, all the blood surrounding him, the panic of trying to call 911 and ultimately dying... God, what a nightmare... We are going through a "faze" in the NFL right now, and something is VERY, VERY wrong, 4 active players have DIED this year alone, 2 by gunshot wounds... Something needs to be fixed and quickly... Being in security and military police protecting multi-million dollar planes and people on a base, I would look there first because the NFL Security can't seem to protect its assets, which are the players. What a sad day it is... RIP Sean Taylor

#1) First and foremost - - my thoughts and prayers are with the Taylor family. What a horrible tragedy.

#2) To your point: "NFL Security can't seem to protect its assets". What????? He was 650 miles away from his team in Florida at the time. Should "NFL Security" hire Secret Service Agents for every one of the 1700+ NFL players when they fan out across the country? It's not an "NFL Security" problem.

Just a tragic, tragic death, as are all senseless killings.

Prayers for Taylor

Died this morning. Prayers to family.
Sorry,please merge.

Last edited:
r.i.p.

very sad

Just horrible news. My heart goes out to his family.

To those who have posted in this thread looking for someone or something to blame (from the victim to the government to the NFL to "society"), I understand the impulse but we don't know a thing about why this happened. Maybe we should just mourn the young man for now.

One of the hardest parts of today, personally, was having to explain to my 7 year old son this morning that Mr. Taylor had died. He was aware of it all yesterday afternoon and evening, as we live in the DC suburbs.

The fact that someone he had watched play died is bad enough, but he heard the reports as to HOW he died and had lots of questions.

Not an easy morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back