PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

FLORIO - THE PATRIOT WAY IS DEAD

eh, the Pats and BB are definitely taking shots this year, some deservedly so, some not so much and are based primarily on media members axe-grinding... who doesn't love a good pile-on, right?

If "The Patriot Way" under BB is dead, so be it - its dead. It's been one hell of a ride in that case. Something I thought we'd never see, let alone experience.

Proud of what The Patriot Way has accomplished.

°
Players win, coaches lose. Not much else to say.

Florio hasn’t posted a Brady unretirement or Bill trade article in a week. He’s falling behind…

We're not negating it. It's just obvious that he wouldn't have done even a fraction of that if he didn't have Brady, and therefore those years shouldn't be used to argue him staying as the coach when he's done such a poor job in the rebuild post-Brady. What he's doing is now is what would have happened in the early 2000s had he stayed

Complete ****ing ********. This is no different than all of the morons who claimed the only reason Brady was so successful was Belichick. They were complete idiots. I had a lengthy argument with Bernard Pollard on Twitter about exactly that topic a number of years back, he’s a certified moron and so are you.

I believe Belichick and Brady together had synergy. They accomplished more together than they would've had alone; I think both would individually have won at least 1 or 2, but not 6 combined. [Belichick had the Browns in the playoffs before Modell pulled the rug out from under him.]

We need a new way of winning. Do your job ain't cutting it anymore. At this point I'm down for anything, as long as the team responds to the coach.

The "Patriot Way" has nothing to do with what BB claimed or said, it is a creation of sportstalk and local media..
They came up with it and ran with hit..

I believe Belichick and Brady together had synergy. They accomplished more together than they would've had alone; I think both would individually have won at least 1 or 2, but not 6 combined. [Belichick had the Browns in the playoffs before Modell pulled the rug out from under him.]
We all need to remember the brouhaha when BB refused to hand the #1 QB position after Bledsoe was ready to come back, local media and many fans were outraged that BB did not keep this alleged promise to Drew..

The Patriot Way was a media fabrication.

Tom Brady is the GOAT, but he wouldn't have six rings without BB. Vice versa too.

And I think it is time to fire BB...not because he has lost his fastball..but to spare him from the rebuild and to lock in our next Coach (Mayo?).....

I think the Patriot Way was real, but really died after the first Dynasty players like Bruschi, Troy, McGinest, Law, Seymour, etc. retired or left. It was there in name after that. But that original group did live and breath the Patriots way.

Last edited:
Shame Florio shut down the comments. Would have been lit…

Special teams has been atrocious at times now for the 3rd season in a row. Still letting the same dipshit run that unit and kill us in key situations.

Still getting killer turnovers and penalties at the worst time.

Long gone are the days of bounce back games. Vegas, NO, WASH were all prime opportunities for bounce backs after bad losses. Back in the day these are games we would put on clinics. Now come out looking worse than the previous week.

Curious benchings throughout not for the better of the team.

How this team is performing worse than 2020 is incomprehensible. Look at the personnel at qb/wr/te on that team. Who even WAS the te?! Even from that season Bill has fallen incredibly, let alone from his peak.

Its time Bob

Last edited:
What indication is there that BB would have won a couple superbowls without Brady? What is that based on?

The Patriot Way was a media fabrication.

Tom Brady is the GOAT, but he wouldn't have six rings without BB. Vice versa too.

And I think it is time to fire BB...not because he has lost his fastball..but to spare him from the rebuild and to lock in our next Coach (Mayo?).....

Dude, he won a ring his first year in Tampa ****ing Bay. The Brady needed Belichick narrative was annihilated and now exists only as a matter of Tom Brady politeness.

He won a ring 50% of his time with Bruce Arians, going to the NFC Championship game 100% of the time.

Just stop. Brady didn’t need Jack **** but basic competence in his head coach.

What indication is there that BB would have won a couple superbowls without Brady? What is that based on?
That he took the Browns from 3-13 in 1990 to 11-5 in 1994, with a playoff win over the Patriots. Obviously, we'll never know, but that makes me think he'd have gotten the job done at least once.

Dude, he won a ring his first year in Tampa ****ing Bay. The Brady needed Belichick narrative was annihilated and now exists only as a matter of Tom Brady politeness.

He was 1/2 with Bruce Arians, with two NFC Championship game appearances.

Just stop. Brady didn’t need Jack **** but basic competence in his head coach.
Serious question: do you think Brady would still have become TFB if he had been drafted by the JEST?

That he took the Browns from 3-13 in 1990 to 11-5 in 1994, with a playoff win over the Patriots. Obviously, we'll never know, but that makes me think he'd have gotten the job done at least once.
He coached the browns for 4 years, he had one winning season. There is zero indicator that he wins a superbowl, that has not been proven and he has not even got close in the 10 years he coached without Brady. I have seen with and without, I have seen nothing that would tell me thats true.

Serious question: do you think Brady would still have become TFB if he had been drafted by the JEST?
Probably, because the Pats were the Jets when Brady went there. The Patriots had 13 playoff wins in 40 years before Brady. Brady didnt jump on some superbowl train.

Yes.

You think the Jets are a loser joke of a team because Brady MADE them one. If he was a New York Jet you would be asking if I seriously believe he could have become TFB with the **** ass Patriots.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back