PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seahawks corner Sherman mocks Brady on Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor guy, seems a bit insecure.

If the Patriots had won, this same guy would be pulling out the old line "they didn't beat us, we beat ourselves"

We have seen it before.

Very Jet-like, Raven-like, and apparently Seahawk-like.

If the Patriots had won, this same guy would be pulling out the old line "they didn't beat us, we beat ourselves"

We have seen it before.

Very Jet-like, Raven-like, and apparently Seahawk-like.

What do you expect of a team coached by Carroll? The lunatics will most certainly be running that asylum.

Re: Brady on Sherman, tough loss

nothing but class... the Patriot Way

Nothing but classless, the Jets/Ravens/Seahawks way.

As for Sherman, Brady said: "He’s a very good player and I have a lot of respect for that defense and certainly that secondary. They play very well together. My dad taught me at a young age to play with class and respect and give my opponents respect, and certainly I have a lot of respect for the Seahawks."

Translation : Either Shermans dad didn't teach him about being Humble or Sherman didnt understand anything when he was taught about being humble

Do you really expect him to win pats fans over with petty-post-game-smack talk about things that can't be verified? There's a difference between media jabbing and game time jabbing, the ladder happens on every play of every game all over the field. he sounds like a nut case making it out to be more than it is IMO.

If asked, TB will admit to having heated words on the field and pay high compliments to Sherman and the hawks for a well played game. In the end Sherman just sounds like a douche and I have a hard time rooting for loud mouths douches to succeed.

If the hawks lose in the playoffs he will get a lot of warranted flack and rightly so because he asked for it.

You guys have been great fans on this board I'll say that much and this also doesn't reflect on Carroll. That said GL to you guys just not Sherman.:p

I think winning over Pats fans was the last thing on his mind. :D

One young CB opens his mouth on twitter, and now it becomes "the Seahawks way"? Whatever dude.

If you believe Sherman, it certainly wasn't just him:

"Me and (safety Earl Thomas) walked up to him and said, 'We're greater than you. We're better than you. You're just a man -- we're a team"

so let's recap:

The guy and others were mouthing off all game and Brady says "let's just talk after the game" then after, the dude says that he outsmarted a "gimmick" offense,

At the same time Brady does nothing but compliment the opponent.

"He’s a very good player and I have a lot of respect for that defense and certainly that secondary. They play very well together."

The Seabag then realizes how stupid he looks and takes down his bragging tweets.

Last edited:

If you believe Sherman, it certainly wasn't just him:

"Me and (safety Earl Thomas) walked up to him and said, 'We're greater than you. We're better than you. You're just a man -- we're a team"

so let's recap:

The guy and others were mouthing off all game and Brady says "let's just talk after the game" then after, the dude says that he outsmarted a "gimmick" offense,

At the same time Brady does nothing but compliment the opponent.

"He’s a very good player and I have a lot of respect for that defense and certainly that secondary. They play very well together."

The Seabag then realizes how stupid he looks and takes down his bragging tweets.

ALL teams trash talk each other during games. Earl Thomas didn't say a peep after the game. Only Sherman did.

One young CB opens his mouth on twitter, and now it becomes "the Seahawks way"? Whatever dude. :rolleyes:

Well, we know for sure it was more than one player, since Earl Thomas was involved too.

That said, I agree with you that we shouldn't overgeneralize the entire team as being classless.

Realizing that this was the Seahawks "super bowl" of 2012, I can appreciate the fact that they are pumped up.

Richard Sherman should remember who has pretty much dominated the NFL in many ways and been to the SB in 5 out of the past 10 seasons before he makes too big of a deal about winning a regular season game by a point.

He commented about "how they stopped the gimmick hurry-up" but the stats show that the Patriots only ran it 25% of the time. He also disrespected all 11 offensive players, many whom are quite recognized across the NFL:

"Other 10 offensive players besides Brady"

Welker----really? He has the most catches since 2007 in the entire NFL

Llyod--led the NFL in passing yrds as a WR in 2010

Gronkowski--has the most TD receptions out of ANY NFL player since 2010 with 30 TD catches, and is THE most promising young TE in the game

Hernandez--had 90 catches last year....

Mankins---multiple probowl appearances and likely the best guard in the NFL

Richard Sherman (???) should learn to keep his mouth shut, our offense is made up by 11 players too, and is still the NFL's #1 offense.

As I said--we've gotten used to hearing about no-name teams' Super Bowls before when they come up victorious in the regular season, so let's see where Seattle is come the end of the year, or even this Thursday night vs SF.

I love it. Steam valve release. Sherman, you are an immature, classless punk. Hang in there , you just might get it......or..eh.. you could join the Jest....

As much as I get on his $ch!t during game time, TB is the only QB I want. That statement says it all without saying anything at all. Cow dung > Sherman? somethin' other.

ALL teams trash talk each other during games. Earl Thomas didn't say a peep after the game. Only Sherman did.

Any player that would walk up and purposely try to stir up ***** from a QB who's been to the freaking SB 50% of the time in his last 10 yrs is certainly part of the problem too.

As I said, I doubt Brady cares at all.

The whole thing about someone named Richard Sherman trying to put down an instant HOF QB is too ridiculous for him to even comment on.

We see stuff like this every year. 11-5/12-4/13-3/14-2....there are going to be a handful of losses every year.

Most of the no-name teams who have nothing else to look forward to like to make it as though they won the Super Bowl.

With SF in their division, and ARZ/STL battling the Seahawks for 2nd and 3rd place, we'll have to see how it shakes out in a couple of months from now.

Last edited:

Why even ask Brady about Sherman?

What did they expect him to say?

"Oh,that Punk needs to know to shut his trap until he wins something,if he is feeling froggy we can do it one on one in a street fight" :rolleyes:

...give me a break :rolleyes:

Any player that would walk up and purposely try to stir up ***** from a QB who's been to the freaking SB 50% of the time in his last 10 yrs is certainly part of the problem too.

So nobody's allowed to say ***** to Brady because of his legacy? Sorry, I didn't know that was an unwritten rule.

Last I checked, you don't get to wear your superbowl rings on the field come gameday. You put those pads on, and you're just another player on the opposite team with a number on your jersey, just like everyone else.

Why even ask Brady about Sherman?

What did they expect him to say?

"Oh,that Punk needs to know to shut his trap until he wins something,if he is feeling froggy we can do it one on one in a street fight" :rolleyes:

...give me a break :rolleyes:

Exactly. As if anyone expected Brady to answer the media any differently than he did?

True, but that instance can be excused because the assertion that the Packers really deserved to win that game is 100% accurate

Actually, I wasn't even referring to that game. I was talking about Clay Matthews saying the Giants didn't really win last year's playoff game. That they gave it to them. Then another player said something to the same effect after the 49ers beat them down in week 1.

Exactly. As if anyone expected Brady to answer the media any differently than he did?

Only would answer unrespectfully if he did have a concussion and thought for a minute he was on the Jets when talking to the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe