PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seahawks corner Sherman mocks Brady on Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Real question is -Why are we still hearing and talking about this-enough face time for this no name who nobody will remember in 3 years.

Just had to say that-now I feel better

:)

Yep. Trash talking is a part of football. He's just excited they won the game. I'm sure Brady was talking trash as well - everyone does it.

Pretty sure I saw him and Hernandez gesturing towards the crowd after their TD anyway. :bricks:

Fail.

There's a difference between DURING the game and when an opponent is exiting the field AFTER a game and then later on Twitter.

Just like no one tackles people in a supermarket.

Last edited:
Fail.

There's a difference between DURING the game and when an opponent is exiting the field AFTER a game and then later on Twitter.

Just like no one tackles people in a supermarket.

I guess you haven't been in a Walmart Supercenter before,seen plenty of tackles by security there :snob:

Brady has clearly moved on or never cared to begin with, so I wish I would help keep this ghetto project scrub relevant. He's only talking because he knows he doesn't have to deal with Brady until another four years. I guess by then that piece of garbage will be cut or traded from the team.

Highly unlikely he'll be cut or traded as he's a pretty good CB. Why do you say he's a ghetto project scrub? He actually went to Stanford where he excelled. After graduating, he went back and received his MBA. I don't like the guy either, but your rant is actually on his level.

Doubt that will get any mention on NFL.com since it isn't "in your face" enough.
Good point. Nor will Comcast, WEEI, 98.5 or ESPN for the same reason.

I'm a little late to this whole discussion; but I seem to be the 'minority opinion' here: So here goes a little counter to the past 9 pages,

- Anybody saying TB absolutely didn't trash talk - HAS NO CLUE. Sherman was obviously talking about ON THE FIELD either pre-game or during game. How the heck would you (or I) know what TB said in either of those situations?

- TB on trash talking: He is very courteous and good (follows the BB guidance) about what he says before and after games and with the press; but he has even admitted that he DOES LIKE TO TRASH TALK ON THE FIELD DURING the game.

- I find it very ironic that most of the fans here are lambasting Sherman for saying the things about his team that "WE ALL USED TO BELIEVE ABOUT OUR TEAM" (that is, "we are a team" 'not just a collection of talent'). Sad that our team didnt live up to our own supposed expectations.

- Good on him If Sherman did taunt TB during the game (during TO breaks), dare TB to throw it in his direction, and that did impact TB.

that very well could have impacted TB's decision process. All it takes is a couple of plays where instead of going through his progressions correctly TB gets mad says I'll shut him up and looks first to Sherman's man and misses the correct (earlier) window of opportunity for the open guy.

Sherman is a talented guy (albeit aided by Refs who go by player rep [just like Revis and unlike McC, Arrington or insert Pats DB name here] to let them go through a wr to block a pass without giving a PI). If he used that taunting to direct the Pats O away from a weak link and toward him and he has enough self-confidence to do that good on him.

- Sherman is CHILDISH. the twitter phenom is all the rage; but there is some stuff you just need to leave on the field. And "Looking up TB after the game" was NOT BAD in and of itself. But POSING FOR THE CAMERA and GETTING IN HIS FACE was also CHILDISH.
he should have done it like a man 'who has been there before'; and gone to TB (without the posing shot), shook his hand, and said: 'we got you this time; but you guys are good and we got lucky. Better luck next time'.

In any event, with a little maturation or VW child-supervision; I would love to see a Sherman-type with that kind of attitude (and physical specs/long arms) on our D.

I am impressed Mr. Sherman could cite Newton's third law.
Our defensive backs live by the first law (an object at rest…)

I'm a little late to this whole discussion; but I seem to be the 'minority opinion' here: So here goes a little counter to the past 9 pages,

- Anybody saying TB absolutely didn't trash talk - HAS NO CLUE. Sherman was obviously talking about ON THE FIELD either pre-game or during game. How the heck would you (or I) know what TB said in either of those situations?

- TB on trash talking: He is very courteous and good (follows the BB guidance) about what he says before and after games and with the press; but he has even admitted that he DOES LIKE TO TRASH TALK ON THE FIELD DURING the game.

- I find it very ironic that most of the fans here are lambasting Sherman for saying the things about his team that "WE ALL USED TO BELIEVE ABOUT OUR TEAM" (that is, "we are a team" 'not just a collection of talent'). Sad that our team didnt live up to our own supposed expectations.

- Good on him If Sherman did taunt TB during the game (during TO breaks), dare TB to throw it in his direction, and that did impact TB.

that very well could have impacted TB's decision process. All it takes is a couple of plays where instead of going through his progressions correctly TB gets mad says I'll shut him up and looks first to Sherman's man and misses the correct (earlier) window of opportunity for the open guy.

Sherman is a talented guy (albeit aided by Refs who go by player rep [just like Revis and unlike McC, Arrington or insert Pats DB name here] to let them go through a wr to block a pass without giving a PI). If he used that taunting to direct the Pats O away from a weak link and toward him and he has enough self-confidence to do that good on him.

- Sherman is CHILDISH. the twitter phenom is all the rage; but there is some stuff you just need to leave on the field. And "Looking up TB after the game" was NOT BAD in and of itself. But POSING FOR THE CAMERA and GETTING IN HIS FACE was also CHILDISH.
he should have done it like a man 'who has been there before'; and gone to TB (without the posing shot), shook his hand, and said: 'we got you this time; but you guys are good and we got lucky. Better luck next time'.

In any event, with a little maturation or VW child-supervision; I would love to see a Sherman-type with that kind of attitude (and physical specs/long arms) on our D.

I'm not sure I agree with how much the refs are helping out Sherman. Personally, I had never heard of him until Sunday. Could be the East coast bias, but I watch a lot of football. I had heard of the Seahawks secondary and how good they were, but nothing of Sherman specifically. Further, I can all but guaruntee you that most of the football world had never heard of Sherman until Sunday either.

That said, he's a very gifted, physical cornerback.

I'm not sure I agree with how much the refs are helping out Sherman. Personally, I had never heard of him until Sunday. Could be the East coast bias, but I watch a lot of football. I had heard of the Seahawks secondary and how good they were, but nothing of Sherman specifically. Further, I can all but guaruntee you that most of the football world had never heard of Sherman until Sunday either.

That said, he's a very gifted, physical cornerback.

Can't say I have time to "watch a lot of football"; so I defer to you on that.

But I do spend the time I have following the Pats and I read the stories on Seattle in prep week and as I recall most mentioned him by name when talking about the "seahags secondary and how good they were". I'm not going back to check, but that is what i remember.

Sigh.

Sherman specifically cited Brady saying the Patriots were coming to Seattle and they would make the Seahawk fans boo their own players.

Sherman said this.

So many people are commenting here without actually knowing what Sherman even said!!!!!!!!!

Sigh.

Sherman specifically cited Brady saying the Patriots were coming to Seattle and they would make the Seahawk fans boo their own players.

Sherman said this.

So many people are commenting here without actually knowing what Sherman even said!!!!!!!!!

that wasn't what he said in the 3 twitter posts I read in this thread or what he was quoted in the 2 articles I read. His comments I saw IMO COULD ALL BE INTERPRETED as stuff that was said on the day of the game on the field. I didnt see/read anytime that Sherman said what you said or that he mis-quoted or talked about any newspaper clippings.

and if so; hell if they have newspapers like the globe there; he probably did see a "quote" that said that. reporters these days are liars/whores-for-hits in all facets of the industry and not just the political pages in an election season.

that wasn't what he said in the 3 twitter posts I read in this thread or what he was quoted in the 2 articles I read. His comments I saw IMO COULD ALL BE INTERPRETED as stuff that was said on the day of the game on the field. I didnt see/read anytime that Sherman said what you said or that he mis-quoted or talked about any newspaper clippings.

and if so; hell if they have newspapers like the globe there; he probably did see a "quote" that said that. reporters these days are liars/whores-for-hits in all facets of the industry and not just the political pages in an election season.

It was in all the news when the whole thing blew up. Every single article listed that. Then he backtracked because he knew he looked bad.

This is the article that Sherman thinks is trash talk from Brady: http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/8487722/new-england-patriots-ready-little-noise-seattle

This is what Sherman first wrote on twitter after the game and then cited this article in interviews in the locker room right after the game:

“Brady sure looks like a man who turned the 12thMan against us.”

Sherman is a young player who got caught in the heat of the moment like most players do on the field.

If he continues to make headlines then this kid will be another of those jerks....if not then just give him a break,we won't see the Seahawks likely again until after Brady retires

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News