PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SD's Last 10 Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
no, more like the 21 point shut-out to the dolphins.

The same dolphins who beat the undefeated at the time 13 win bears.

The only real team you played all year baltimore, you lost to.

What was the combined wins of the raiders and cardinals? 7? :D

Divisional games can never be rationalized. It happens.

You lost to the Cheifs ...?

Yes, the 9-7 Chiefs. We lost to them at Arrowhead, traditionally one of the toughest places to play. It was a tough loss 30-27, on a 53 yard last second field goal. It also happens to be our last loss, nearly three months ago.

I can see how it compares to getting dominated and shut out by the 6-10 Fins four weeks ago.

my kidding? raited? jesus... anything you said is discounted by the fact that you can't speak english. go back to school, leave this discussion to the grown-ups.

Oh, I get it now.

So you don't know what your talking about then. You have no discussion worth noteing, because you - instead of talking about football - elect to put someone down.

Your no better then all of the cowboys fans in the world - they have nothing to say when they are proven incorrect - so they just go to insults.

It's okay though, you can feel big and mighty on your high horse over a forum on the internet, mr. e-thug.

and the cardinals almost beat the bears too. don't try to bring the bears into this thread, everyone knows that if they were in the AFC they wouldn't be anywhere near 13-3. if the bears are in the superbowl, the chargers might as well have their name on the lombardi right now..

Last edited:
Yes, the 9-7 Chiefs. We lost to them at Arrowhead, traditionally one of the toughest places to play. It was a tough loss 30-27, on a 53 yard last second field goal. It also happens to be our last loss, nearly three months ago.

I can see how it compares to getting dominated and shut out by the 6-10 Fins four weeks ago.

Can you though? After all, a loss is a loss.

and the cardinals almost beat the bears too. don't try to bring the bears into this thread, everyone knows that if they were in the AFC they wouldn't be anywhere near 13-3. if the bears are in the superbowl, the chargers mine as well have their name on the lombardi right now..

The chargers season ends sunday :D

And how many wins did the Lions and the Texans combine for?

The Pats had 4 games against 10+ loss teams and went 3-1. The Chargers had 3 games against 10+ loss teams and went 3-0.

And how many wins did the Lions and the Texans combine for?

The Pats had 4 games against 10+ loss teams and went 3-1. The Chargers had 3 games against 10+ loss teams and went 3-0.

Drew Brees will get to the superbowl before San Diego :D

Oh, I get it now.

So you don't know what your talking about then. You have no discussion worth noteing, because you - instead of talking about football - elect to put someone down.

Your no better then all of the cowboys fans in the world - they have nothing to say when they are proven incorrect - so they just go to insults.

It's okay though, you can feel big and mighty on your high horse over a forum on the internet, mr. e-thug.

i'm sorry if i hurt your feelings. spelling is a pet-peeve of mine. i won't even mention the errors in the post i just quoted. i won't pick on your spelling any longer.

and the cardinals almost beat the bears too. don't try to bring the bears into this thread, everyone knows that if they were in the AFC they wouldn't be anywhere near 13-3. if the bears are in the superbowl, the chargers mine as well have their name on the lombardi right now..

Your opinion is instantly nullified due to poor grammar.

i'm sorry if i hurt your feelings. spelling is a pet-peeve of mine. i won't even mention the errors in the post i just quoted. i won't pick on your spelling any longer.

Again, nullified - but it's okay, I am sure your teachers will give you that A in spelling.

The Chargers have had numerous injuries to key personnel and a 4 game suspension to overcome. That has affected their performance at times. But when you look at how they've performed when healthy (like they are now), they have been dominant. In the games where we've had all 11 on defense healthy (like we do now) the Bolts have given up an average of 10 points per game.

Further, alot of the points we have given up in the last half of the season were in garbage time. If you look at how we played when the game was close, you'll see that our defense has been great.

Welcome Guest, I understand and applaud your enthusiasm for your team after a terrific season, but remember where you are when you post your comments out here. We weren't born yesterday when it comes to the NFL or to the Playoffs, with which we have just a tiny little bit of experience over the past few seasons. And, any injury argument just isn't going to cut it out here either. Remember the Pats are a team that won over 20 games in a bleeping row with an infirmary full of starters.

Of course, your defense "has been great." Well, duh, you went 14--2 in the AFC. It had to be great.

Now, we're talking about the Playoffs and how that defense and the rest of the team might function under very different circumstances. It's more than fair to scrutinize a team's performance and ask if there are signs of weakness on an otherwise stellar 2006 resume.

For example, in points allowed this year, the Chargers were seventh, the Patriots were second. That's a fact. Seventh is awesome, second is just a tad more awesome. In fact if you look at the last 20 years of SB History, that statistic alone is the only one that correlates with a ridiculously high R2 to SB success. In fact, no team that didn't rank in the top ten by this metric has ever won a Superbowl. The last five teams to win the Superbowl have ranked as follows by the measure: PIT,T3; NEP T2; NEP 1; TAM, 1; NEP, 6. Something to think about. The remaining teams in the Playoffs this year rank as follows: BAL 1, NEP 2, CHI 3, (NYJ 6,) SDC 7, NOS 13, PHL T15, SEA 19, IND 23.

Does this mean that we're gonna beat you on Sunday? Nope, it doesn't. In fact the smart money is taking the spread as of this afternoon. It just means that Sunday is going to be interesting.

The other thing you shouldn't underestimate is how tuff this team is. Did you see BB maul a photographer to get to Eric after the game yesterday? Did you see Wilfork throw Pennington to the ground in the first half? One thing I can promise you. Win or lose on Sunday, the bolts are going to know they were in a football game.

Last edited:
Again, nullified - but it's okay, I am sure your teachers will give you that A in spelling.

if you would pay attention in school instead of posting on a patriots forum you TOO could receive that A in spelling.

Your kidding. Phillip Rivers is overraited. Without LT (And Gates) he is nothing.

Turner is a good rusher, and could start elsewear, I'll give you that - but honostly, Rivers just does not have the experience to beat the patriots defense come playoff time. If you think he was confused against the Ravens... just wait.

rivers was confused to the point he led a 7play 69 yard drive to open the game 2 drives that resulted in 6 points by the half and marty went into martyball that is what cost us the game. bart scott from the ravens said that he is glad marty got involved that rivers and the chargers o had them on
their heels in the first half. rivers confused not against the ravens

if you would pay attention in school instead of posting on a patriots forum you TOO could receive that A in spelling.

I am actually not in school anymore. I just finished up my sophmore year at college as an Art major with a concentration in Graphic Design - and I am currently awaiting my roomates final word on when I will be able to move into my new appartment.

...in points allowed this year, the Chargers were seventh, the Patriots were second. That's a fact. Seventh is awesome, second is just a tad more awesome. In fact if you look at the last 20 years of SB History, that statistic alone is the only one that correlates with a ridiculously high R2 to SB success. In fact, no team that didn't rank in the top ten by this metric has ever won a Superbowl. The last five teams to win the Superbowl have ranked as follows by the measure: PIT,T3; NEP T2; NEP 1; TAM, 1; NEP, 6. Something to think about. The remaining teams in the Playoffs this year rank as follows: BAL 1, NEP 2, CHI 3, (NYJ 6,) SDC 7, NOS 13, PHL T15, SEA 19, IND 23.

yes, the chargers were seventh, and FIRST in points scored. being FIRST in points scored translates to more opportunities for opponents to score (more possessions by opposing teams). so therefore you can see that the points allowed statistic is skewed in inverted directions for these two teams.

the chargers, with more points scored, have an inflated points allowed statistic due to more opponent possessions.

the patriots, with 107 fewer points scored, have a deflated points allowed statistic due to fewer opponent possessions.

like i stated before, someone find the stat that shows the total # of opponent possessions and we can hash out which defense is statistically stronger.

I am actually not in school anymore. I just finished up my sophmore year at college as an Art major with a concentration in Graphic Design - and I am currently awaiting my roomates final word on when I will be able to move into my new appartment.

congratulations on the new apartment. as far as i know you don't graduate as a sophomore. do you design web pages?

Merriman doesn't deserve a pro bowl. He cheated plain and simple

Read the following and ask yourself why would Merriman risk his reputation and career on such a mild enhancement and one that's hard to maintain?? Doesn't make sense. Anyway lets see what happens in the off season with regards to a lawsuit. Until then, innocent 'til proven guilty.

Urine analysis as a method of detecting nandrolone abuse has recently become somewhat controversial, following studies by the University of Aberdeen showing that the metabolite product can also show up in urine in quantities above the upper limit from a combination of high-protein diets utilising the legal nutritional supplement creatine and hard cardiovascular exercise. The reason for this unexpected result has not been determined. Another possible reason for a false positive result is the consumption of beef from cattle treated with steroids including nandrolone (used in overturning the verdict against the bobsleigh racer, Lenny Paul). Heavy consumption of the essential amino acid lysine (as indicated in the treatment of cold sores) has also shown false positives in some and was cited by American Shotputter C.J. Hunter as the reason for his positive test. As a result of the numerous overturned verdicts, the testing procedure was reviewed by UK Sport

For those of you looking to use nandrolone as your only steroid, be aware that the gains on nandrolone are not only mild, but also quite hard to maintain. Nandrolone, in the first place due to its combined estrogenic/progestagenic properties, is quite suppressive of the natural testosterone production. Since it actively participates at three receptors its very quick and merciless when it comes to giving negative feedback to the release of gonadotropin releasing hormone from the hypothalamus. But then one also has to take into account its affinity for esterases, making it stay active in the body significantly longer than most hormones. Because that means upon cessation of nandrolone-use you'll still be under quite suppressive conditions, there simply isn't enough intrinsic anabolism available to support the mass you gained, resulting in a rather quick and inglorious reduction of weight.

???or was it a shot in the rear end in an alley? anabolic no! i simply believe that merriman was not intentionally shooting roids but to each his own. he tested negative in august and has tested cleanly ever since. he also tested cleanly every test prior to his negative in august.

he also worked hard on his cardio this past offseason
http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports...1s30merri.html

what say you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand