PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SD's Last 10 Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the phuk what? We aren't the plucky little Bengals hanging in with the big, bad Niners. We are the superior team. You are coming to our house. We are the SB favorites, so why is it out of line for me to expect to win a SB this year? If you were in my shoes, you'd feel the same way.

Superior team? They look evenly matched to me

Lets break it down

DEFENSE:

San Diego #10 overall defense ypg
New England #6 rated defense ypg

New England #2 defense ppg
San Diego #7 defense ppg

New england #5 vs. rush
Sand Didego #7 vs. rush

New England #12 vs. pass
San Diego #13 vs pass

ADVANTAGE: NEW ENGLAND

OFFENSE:

San Diego # 4 overall offense
New England #11 overall offense

San Diego #1 ppg
New England #7 ppg

San Diego #2 rpg
NEw England #12 rpg

New england #12 pypg
San Diego #17 pypg

ADVANTAGE: SAN DIEGO

Now for the kicker:

Strength of schedule:

New England #12

Sand Diego #28

http://teamrankings.com/nfl/27powerratings.php3

:D :D :D

not looking for total plays, i'm looking for possessions. i'll keep searching.

Can't seem to find it... BUT, the Bolts were 4th in the league in Time of Possession on offense. The Pats were 6th.

Also, the Pats D was better on 3rd AND 4th down than the Bolts.

SO...

Allowed far fewer points, faced nearly the same number of offensive plays, better on 3rd/4th downs, AND was on the field more.

Might want to throw some dirt on this argument.

Man I got here just in time. I gotta say I was reading the posts and it only took till page 3 to read the ever popular "westcoast latte drinkers" or Mocha I forget. Ahhhh East coast fans its like football does not even exist west of Texas. Now to the game we have more talent you have more experiance. Lets see which advantage wins it on sunday. You will play the best team in football this year at their house. I will be there and so will a packed house of Bolt fans. Who knows I might just have a double latte in the morning just to piss you off. Good luck sunday. Lets keep it nice its only monday.

This game is evenly matched. It is all going to come down to preparation, execution, experience, and gameplan adjustments.

Hey it was a division game. Did you forget the raiders used to play in L.A. you know how many faider fans there are in socal? Plus the raiders had the # 1 pass defense in the league and # 4 overall and we had injuries. Not to mention they were due to play well against us. I mean 27-0 34-10 and 42-14 whoopings over the last 2 seasons arent typical of division play. Bottom line is we won the game and you lost yours against a division foe. At least our lone division loss was against a playoff team.

Come on if it weren't for a foolish rule you would have lost to the Raiders. That was one of the biggest boneheaded plays I have seen in a while. I am sure you agree with that at least.

We lost once to a playoff team and once to a team that we usually lose to on the road, Miami. Since we are talking about injuries in the Jets game we didn't have Neal, Ty Warren, Harrison - it was Seymour's first game back and he had to play on the other side of the line etc.. The Jets were coming off of their bye the Pats off an emotianal loss to the Colts.

Oakland did have a great defense this year no denying that but you guys let them score 14.

If you hadn't noticed the injury argument doesn't go far around here seeing that we led the league in games missed due to injury by starters for 3 years in a row. In fact the Patriots own the NFL record for the most of amount of different starters in a season. We achieved it in 2003 and then we broke it in 2004 and again in 2005. Not trying to come across as a jerk, just telling you why it is a weak argument on this board.

Last edited:
True but that was in response to the doormat comments. If I read it correctly the comments you are referring to were based on someone saying that they could claim the chargers "dynasty" started in in the superbowl loss but that is an ignorant statement. Your team has made the playoffs how many times in the past 12 years? Two if I recall correctly.

By the way lay off the Pro Bowl non-sense. Again just ask the Colts how having all those Pro Bowl players worked out for them last year?

Would you honestly take Rivers over Brady?

I was responding sarcastically to someone saying the Pats dynasty began in '96, after they said the Bolts aren't a dynasty until they win a Lombardi. The Pats dynasty began in '01, when they upset the Rams. The fact that alot of the players had been on the team previously is immaterial.

At present, I would not take Rivers over Brady, but his isn't an NFL QB skills competition. It's a football game. And the Bolts are the better TEAM. I'd take their TEAM over the Pats TEAM.

You guys actually sound like Colts fans who believe Paid-a-Ton is going to win them a championship singlehandedly. Brady is great, but he can't do it alone. You guys simply do not have the horses this year to compete. You are a team of quarter horses intermixed with a few thoroughbreds. The Bolts are a team of thoroughbreds intermixed with a few quarter horses.

Superior team? They look evenly matched to me

Lets break it down

DEFENSE:

San Diego #10 overall defense ypg
New England #6 rated defense ypg

New England #2 defense ppg
San Diego #7 defense ppg

New england #5 vs. rush
Sand Didego #7 vs. rush

New England #12 vs. pass
San Diego #13 vs pass

ADVANTAGE: NEW ENGLAND

OFFENSE:

San Diego # 4 overall offense
New England #11 overall offense

San Diego #1 ppg
New England #7 ppg

San Diego #2 rpg
NEw England #12 rpg

New england #12 pypg
San Diego #17 pypg

ADVANTAGE: SAN DIEGO

Now for the kicker:

Strength of schedule:

New England #12

Sand Diego #28

http://teamrankings.com/nfl/27powerratings.php3

:D :D :D

with the chargers at full strength patriot fans are in for a rude awakening... good luck!

I was responding sarcastically to someone saying the Pats dynasty began in '96, after they said the Bolts aren't a dynasty until they win a Lombardi. The Pats dynasty began in '01, when they upset the Rams. The fact that alot of the players had been on the team previously is immaterial.

At present, I would not take Rivers over Brady, but his isn't an NFL QB skills competition. It's a football game. And the Bolts are the better TEAM. I'd take their TEAM over the Pats TEAM.

You guys actually sound like Colts fans who believe Paid-a-Ton is going to win them a championship singlehandedly. Brady is great, but he can't do it alone. You guys simply do not have the horses this year to compete. You are a team of quarter horses intermixed with a few thoroughbreds. The Bolts are a team of thoroughbreds intermixed with a few quarter horses.

You missed my point on the Brady Rivers comment. One is in the Pro Bowl and the other is not! Thus supporting my premise that Pro Bowls don't mean ****!

Please don't compare us to Colts fans and don't confuse my comments. Brady has never single handily won anything, but no Brady no SB's in NE. We have the Best QB in the NFL and the 2nd best defense in the one stat that matters the most..PPG.

Last edited:
You missed my point on the Brady Rivers comment. One is in the Pro Bowl and the other is not! Thus supporting my premise that Pro Bowls don't mean ****!

I got that, but Rivers had the better numbers when the voting took place. So I don't think it was out of line for him to get the nod. Do you honsetly think that all of the Chargers Pro Bowlers were undeserving? Don't you think some of them--Lo Neal, Gates, LT, Merriman, Williams--are the best or among the best at their positions in the League?

hmm, apparently you disagree with the prestige of the pro bowl designation when it doesn't back your argument. i would be willing to bet you were the same person who used tom brady's pro-bowl selections as evidence towards his greatness..

No, we use the Super Bowl MVP's and championships he's won, you mind numbingly moronic dolt.

K i can dig where your coming from. Just know this. Not every team handles injuries as well as the patriots have. Good teams still find a way to win despite injuries and that is what we have done period. All the numbers everyone is spitting out doesn't matter if ya lose the game(s) were talking about. The Chargers are healthy now so those old injuries don't matter anymore anyways. I bring them up only to show we were playing at a very high level before them and should be back at an even higher level now.

Yup your defense played awesome the first four weeks in terms of points allowed but then it got a little rough. At the end of the year the D was playing well again but Rivers was struggling. This will be a game that comes down to which team protects the ball better, IMO.

Wow did someone really just say Castillo is better than Seymour? You guys are pretty fair weathered football fans if you actually believe this.

And to everyone saying you were 6 points from 16-0, you were also 6 points and a blown call away from being 11-5. (at Buffalo, at Seattle, and the Oakland mystery fumble call).

You played the NFC west (4 easy wins) and the Raiders twice.

The Bolts are good, but nothing about this team scares me, not even LT. All pros aside, your defense is mediocre and gave up under 20 points twice after week 6. In contrast, we've given up more than 20 4 times this season.

I've been saying it all week, and last week as well, this game is time for our Oline to step up. If they don't, it's going to be a long day. If they do, then I really don't see the Chargers out scoring us. Buffalo Denver and Baltimore are the only top 10 defenses you've played all year.

if castillo was playing in new england he too would have the east coast bias of the media. there i said it luis castillo is better than richard seymore. seymore is good but castillo gets no media love like the pats seymore. just look at the numbers and i know that numbers are not everything but with castillo out our defense has been softer against the run its been harder maintaining consistent pressure so his return is much welcomed. he in my oppinion is just as important to our defense as jmal williams and shawne merriman. a 3/4 de with 7 sacks in 9.5games is sick really sick. unlike your scheme as another poster has said the dl is to occupy blockers while your lb ers clean up the qb has been blown out of the water by merriman having nearly the same number of sacks as your starting lb core that simply cant be true. castillo faces consistent doubles and still gets to qb. funny thing is that he has actually had a few sacks stolen from him from his roomate phillips and close friend merriman this season. they were just a split second faster. damn the bad luck. so there is no confusion i said castillo is better than seymore and i see alot of uga games so i know seymore but i dont think you know castillo.

I got that, but Rivers had the better numbers when the voting took place. So I don't think it was out of line for him to get the nod. Do you honsetly think that all of the Chargers Pro Bowlers were undeserving? Don't you think some of them--Lo Neal, Gates, LT, Merriman, Williams--are the best or among the best at their positions in the League?

Of course they are - but half of the voting for the pro bowl is done by idiots. The Pro Bowl does not mean as much as the superbowl. I'm sure every single one of those players won't consider themselves good just because they are going to the pro bowl. If they never go to the super bowl, they were never on a very good team, where they?

What the hell are you talking about? The patriots are the very meaning of TEAM.

Your "TEAM" = LT.

This game is evenly matched. It is all going to come down to preparation, execution, experience, and gameplan adjustments.

Thank you, Dude! I was wondering if and when someone on this crazy, chest-beating thread was actually going to mention THE GAME Sunday.

Two good teams meet. How do they attack each other? What will each team need to do to win?

The rest of it is essentially "mine's bigger than yours.";)

Last edited:
Of course they are - but half of the voting for the pro bowl is done by idiots. The Pro Bowl does not mean as much as the superbowl. I'm sure every single one of those players won't consider themselves good just because they are going to the pro bowl. If they never go to the super bowl, they were never on a very good team, where they?

I agree. Obviously, the SB means more. Every loser Manning would admit that. But I think that the number of Pro Bowl players a team has is generally reflective of its talent level. It's just another measure, not the end all be all.

Thank you, Dude! I was wondering if and when someone on this crazy chest-beating thread was actually going to mention THE GAME Sunday.

Two good teams meet. How do they attack each other? What will each team need to do to win?

The rest of it is essentially "mine's bigger than yours."

Mine is bigger than yours, but that's beside the point. :D

This should be a good matchup. I don't think the Pats have the team speed to match the Bolts, but they are a tough, battle tested group and will give the Chargers their best shot.

What the hell are you talking about? The patriots are the very meaning of TEAM.

Your "TEAM" = LT.

That's a joke. Yes, we have nine pro bowlers because of LT. And he's responsible for our 5 all-pros.

You sound like that guy from the NFL Network commerical that says, "without LT, the Chargers have nothing."

What about Gates, Rivers, Lo Neal, Jamal Williams, Shaun Phillips, Quentin Jammer, Kris Dielman, Vincent Jackson et. al.?

LT will be the first to tell you, the reason he's had such a great year is that the talent level around him is so much better. This is not a one man team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back