PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter tweets Pats looking to trade UP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's one possible motivation for this.

Brady: "Coach, I'm not getting any younger here. Could we PLEASE get a top WR to compliment the TE's and Wes, rather than have me spend my entire career throwing to middle of the pack and end-of-career guys. Please, just once give me a couple of years with the kind of guys that Peyton and Drew have been throwing to for most of their careers."

So BB says, OK, let's give trading up a shot, and commits to filling in the two lines and OLB with second and third round picks.

Brady: "Coach, I'm not getting any younger here. Could we PLEASE get a top WR to compliment the TE's and Wes, rather than have me spend my entire career throwing to middle of the pack and end-of-career guys. Please, just once give me a couple of years with the kind of guys that Peyton and Drew have been throwing to for most of their careers."

So BB says, OK, let's give trading up a shot, and commits to filling in the two lines and OLB with second and third round picks.

I would say the chances of Brady having input in personnel decisions in an organization as well-run as the Patriots is 0.0%

You mean the guy who's been cheerleading for Deion Branch his entire career is now demanding he be replaced?

That, and I hardly think he would call Moss and Welker "middle of the pack" guys.

Last edited:
I think that we might trade up to 6-10 for Dareus, Miller, Green or Jones. One of Belichick's may be there at 6 or not. Gosselin has only Jones left out of this group.

It is just possible that Belichick will feel that he needs to trade up to 9 to get Jordan. After all, almost everyone after the top 7 will likely be ready to trade down. So, Jordan could go in the 10-16range if we don't trade up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back